don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread II

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Oct 28, 2011.

1. Chris Highwind

Chris Highwind

Statesville, NC
    Slacking
    I had the same problem with Dead Rising 2: Off the Record, in that it detected the shitty GPU and ran godawfully. What I did was go into my nVidia settings and add the program to the list of programs that have a set setting for which GPU to use, and tell it to use the powerful GPU.

2. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Just got the European (Spanish) Collectors Edition and...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The artbook also has the European Mega Drive covers instead of the Genesis ones, by the way. Neat.

3. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    This was the first thing I did before starting the game seeing how most games automaticly use the Intel GPU for me.
    The only way to run the game so far is by forcing it to use the Intel card, but seeing how the Intel card is shit I get 15-20 fps at 720p. (which is surprisingly better than I expected)

4. Mr. Mash

Mr. Mash

All fanbases are awful Member
    drawing
    OH man, this is awesome. My face has been like this the whole time
    [​IMG]
    I'm still only at Planet Wisp so far, though. I love Classic Seaside Hill and Modern Rooftop Run :)

Also if it'd be cool if someone could get a screenshot of the brofist after perfect chaos, please.

5. Candescence

Candescence

Sydney, Australia
    3D Indie Stuff
    Okay, fixed the crash problem, and and my verdict so far?

Meh.

Seriously. Like Colours, the whole game is just... Mediocre, at best. Boring. Both Classic and Modern just feel... Off. The level designs are improved, and it's obvious there's a ton of love going into this game, but... It just falls apart at the base. I was going in with low expectations, hoping to be pleasantly surprised. Unfortunately, I wasn't.

Oh, and getting the red rings can be a massive pain in the rear, an exercise in frustration.

6. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Hey, the European manual says how to reach the Statue Room. Those passwords are supposed to appear on the Generations website.

7. SA2

SA2

Sonic's dead; fly down to his corpse Member
    Agreed. I was having fun for the first.. few levels. Then it just became a chore to play. Classic Sonic is the most boring, by far. The 'Modern' Era stages are incredibly frustrating. I almost just wanted to stop playing the game. The missions are pretty repetitive and boring as well.

The only thing that was entertaining were the boss battles, and even then not by much. The Perfect Chaos battle was a huge let down.

8. RGX

RGX

Animator Member
    US
    *sent e-mail to customer service requesting invoice payment.

I may lose my Collector's edition reserve because of this shitty customer service... :(

9. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

Hey guys, I'm shit at comps, yo. Trying to go to configure the game (the same menu it opens when you initally start it asking about input and screen ratio etc). My widescreen optiion is messed up. How do I access that again?

EDIT; PLEASE HELP.

10. Roller

Roller

21331 LEGO Ideas Sonic the Hedgehog, Ring Racers (SRB2Kart 2)
    Has anybody else still not recieved their CE from Amazon UK? Is it just luck of the draw for me?

I'm just reading about all of the ways HDNL have fucked up in the past and I'm severly worried for my statue

11. SSNTails

SSNTails

Oldbie
    Those of you having issues with the setup program (choosing the right video card, etc, or, if like me, the SUCKER WON'T EVEN BOOT), try this and let me know the results:

http://ssntails.srb2.org/GenerationsToolFixed.zip

Turns out the setup program is .NET, so I disassembled it and rebuilt the exe, changing the way the video card is detected. It's not complete by any means - I'll be releasing the code soon on the Engineering forum.

P.S. You must have the contents of the zip in your generations folder where the original setup tool is.

12. Namo

Namo

take a screenshot of your heart Member
    Having finished all the missions, leaving me only with Red Rings and the final boss to fight, I can say this about the game.

It's really enjoyable but not quite getting there. I can definitely appreciate that the game looks and sounds fantastic, and I've definitely enjoyed playing it without a doubt, but I enjoyed Colors and Unleashed a great deal more. I can easily say I prefer Unleashed out of the trio, as crazy as that sounds. Slippery Sonic aside, I felt the level design had more to offer than Generations does, though I definitely like that Generations had more "Sonic Adventure" style platforming in them.

That's more than I can say about Colors, though. Colors felt like a console version of Sonic Rush - more 2D than 3D. That was made up for with the wisps, however.

To me, if Sonic Team can find a nice balance between the Unleashed segments, 2D "Rush" segments, and these new Adventure-esque platforming bits like in the beginning of Crisis City and Planet Wisp, they've got a sure-fire winner next time. And definitely more segments like the Modern Planet Wisp "action" challenge.

Having said all this, I don't regret getting this game a bit. It's still pretty fun. I can see myself 100 percent-ing this game and doing it again.

13. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Getting this after using your tool:
    [​IMG]

14. SSNTails

SSNTails

Oldbie

Hmmm... crap. Well, I'll release the code on the forum and see if we can put our collective heads together.

15. Rosie

Rosie

aka Rosie Member
    OMG SonicxSonic bro fist. My pants were not ready.

16. Roller

Roller

21331 LEGO Ideas Sonic the Hedgehog, Ring Racers (SRB2Kart 2)

YAAYYY.

opinions forthcoming.

17. Vinsent

Vinsent

I use an Acer laptop with optimus too. I'm able to run if I switch from optimus to discrete grapics mode in the BIOS, so if you can switch to discrete mode it might work.

18. Scripten

Scripten

*Sigh* Well, I've played up to the first boss, including all the challenges. And sadly, I have to say that Classic Sonic just is not fun. The stages are scripted messes, making the player get stuck in loops, stop on slopes, etc. It's really disappointing, considering that I preordered the game for the classic stages. BUT... Modern Sonic is amazingly fun. I feel like the stages are built really well, and I enjoy the mechanics they have for him. I didn't think I'd enjoy each stages as much as I did.

I suppose that's it for classic sonic gameplay from SEGA. They just don't seem to understand how it works as well as we fans do. But modern sonic is great, and I expect he'll get better.

19. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Doesn't seem like I'm able to do this on my ASUS N53SV. :(

20. Tongara

Tongara

Fuck YOU! Banned
    Birmingham, UK
    Zorbtech Productions