don't click here

The Greatest Thing Ever

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Slingerland, Aug 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I know it's prerendered but... HOLY CRAP! New fangame idea, someone, anyone, this needs to be turned into something playable.

2. Retro_Stew

Retro_Stew

French Twitch Gamer Member
    France
    Twitch channel
    We should have a community project like this

3. Compsense

Compsense

NC, USA
    some dance album or summat
    And suddenly, I wish I wasn't already working on a fangame.

This looks really cool. With enough effort put into it, graphics like these would be - for the most part - possible to replicate in real time.

4. Take my money.

I want it.

NOW.

5. Mad Echidna

Mad Echidna

Gone Oldbie
    To the person who made the "this guy is a pro" comment, well, now if we can just get SEGA to hire some pros we'll be all set :V

On topic, maybe this dude might be willing to share the textures and models with Dazhoweverthefuckyouspellit and then he could make it a real level!

6. Billy

Billy

RIP Oderus Urungus Member
    Colorado, USA
    Indie games
    I'm sure he recorded a video of Mushroom Hill and then made the animation in the 3D video follow it.
    Also:

7. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    I threw babies, exploded in my pants, and joyfully cried non-stop. By why did it take THIS long for something like this to surface?!

This person needs to work for SEGA YESTERDAY. The graphics/lighting reminds me of Sonic06. Apply these graphics to that engine and magic will happen!

8. Scarred Sun

Scarred Sun

Be who you needed when you were younger Administrator
    Tower 8 ️
    Welp, this.
    We get it. You like it.

Say something of substance or I'm just going to trash replies.

9. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    I knew it was a animation from the get go.

<<< Took 3D Modeling classes.

Regardless, this wonderfully executed. I'm putting my money on Maya for the software.
    If I actually didn't hate the process of animating (and have a low end computer), I'd get it a go myself.

10. Dude

Dude

Tech Member
    Southbridge, MA
    Random VR/AR trash
    What's really tickling me is the people over on the SoA boards are saying how the physics in this video are so much worse than sonic 4 and that people are being 'un-sega'.

gee, I wonder...

11. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    Is SOA like "new school Sonic fans"?

12. MarkoMan

MarkoMan

In memory of Dreds... Member
    Queens, NY
    Sonic 2 Turbo
    *checks to see if rolling down a hill = brakes in the video*

*rolling down a hill ? brakes in the video*

ggs.

13. Slingerland

Slingerland

Oldbie
    Hechoeg Frat
    Sonic Mania
    Very yes.

14. serpx

serpx

It's the complete opposite of this board. If this board and SOA's boards were to merge, I couldn't imagine the result.

On topic, the video was quite awesome. Acceptable if Sonic 4 looked like this? I don't mind the side-scrolling 3D visuals -- lighting coming through trees for the win. Curious on how long it took to make it all.

15. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    I avoid the Sonic boards like the fucking plague.

16. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Now THAT was awesome.

17. Adamis

Adamis

Gimme waffles! Oldbie
    Belgium
    Lammy and "Fafnir"
    I'm not that impressed xD Yes it's pretty and the guy has great skills. But a pretty video =/ a good game. The day I'll see a game like that, then I think I'll be very impressed.

18. Friggin' awesome. I was kinda hoping he'd jump into the Special Stage ring in a flash of light.

19. corneliab

corneliab

Well, my excitement over this thing fell to its death once I realized it was just an animation.

A video made to look like a game, even though it isn't. This thing has zero consequence and that really sucks.

20. Nibble

Nibble

Oldbie
    It's not completely without consequence.

It lays down a solid direction in which an HD remake could take, which is quite important. People keep wanting something well-executed out of Sega, but yet offer somewhat vague ideas, or wildly differing ideas. This video gives a pretty strong suggestion, and the reaction to it more or less speaks for itself.

But yeah, needs the right people, the right talent, blahhh. At the very least it implanted a vision in our heads of the kind of scope that might one day be controlled by a gamepad in our hands. Wishful thinking, definitely, but at least we were inspired even if just for a minute or two. Perhaps it should be shown to someone who can do something about it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.