don't click here

The Greatest Thing Ever

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Slingerland, Aug 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. test-object

test-object

By Torm, no! This is terrible! I... I had no idea Member
    Stop playing with my soul like that. It's about as bad as Chimpo got me to imagine that the Donkey Kong Country interview was actually about Sonic 4.

2. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    Cool video. Makes me really want to see S3&K re-made in this style, although obviously the music, character model, monitor model, and HUD would need some work. =P

3. saxman

saxman

Oldbie Tech Member
    That looks like they used something like an enhanced version of the DOOM engine to pull that off. Great idea.

4. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    I am completely speechless. This only makes me wish Sonic stayed in 2D even more.

EDIT:
    >it's just a prerendered animation

FUCKING FJUDSFKJJDSLJGFDSLGIUSDFID
    I laughed way too hard at this.

5. Amethyst

Amethyst

So, who else just got a boner?

6. Overbound

Overbound

Iowa
    Sonic Time Twisted Creator
    This to me is the most interesting post in this whole thread. Do it Dami!

7. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    This is truly Sonic & Knuckles 3D as you imagined it.

Now if Sonic 4 had taken this direction rather than making it something else...

8. Endgame

Endgame

Formerly The Growler Member
    I seriously hope this guy finishes making the level!

Has anyone tried contacting him yet? Perhaps we could persuade him to join us?

*edit* on second thoughts - looking through his website - he doesn't really look like he's much in to Sonic; what a shame.

9. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    I imagined the blades of grass in Mushroom Hill Zone being square.

10. Zenor

Zenor

flip the chessboard over Member
    This left a big smile on my face and I'm at a loss of words. Impressive work all around. If only this were a real game, it would be awesome.

11. TheBarAdmin

TheBarAdmin

Bottom line is: why can't sonic 4 look like this *RUNS*

Anyways, everything's full of life and very well detailed, with some pretty neat effects like the light shine from the background. Amazing version of my favorite S3K zone. Taco man approves :)

12. Fleet

Fleet

The lighting effects as Sonic flew over that gap just blew my mind.

13. That's just amazing, even just as a proof of concept kind of thing, that looks like how the games should have evolved, those lighting effects between the tree's as Sonic flies over, the physics looking as close to the original, the art style and many particle effects, the whole thing just looks, well, awesome. I'd pay full retail for the whole game in that style, twice infact!

14. RankoChan

RankoChan

I'm bored, k? Member
    Some random RPG project.
    This is amazing, it's a shame it's only a prerendered video as opposed to an actual fangame in progress. Hopefully the creator will upload another video of Mushroom Hill or perhaps create another level from the series.

15. As a proof of concept, this is a mind-blowing extravaganza of awesome. It's a pity, though, that it isn't such a thing. Still, I hope it inspires some of the very creative people out there to at least try to make a game like this.

Shit, we've seen lighting this good in downloadable XBLA games already (Shadow Complex! Trials HD!), so we know it can be done. Let's all have hope! :)

16. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
  17. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    Cool stuff. Though a shame it's just a mockup.

I'd like to see a Sonic game in the style, though I suspect the reason it hasn't been done so far is that you don't get quite as nice results messing with Sonic 1 and 2. Nobody really knows what Green Hill Zone's grass is supposed to look like from a top-down view, and it's a bit uncharacteristic of Sega these days to move straight on to the third or fourth Sonic game.

18. SonikkuForever

SonikkuForever

Be cool, be wild, and be groovy! Member
    Gathering information on Sega World Sydney and collecting Sonic merchandise.
    So, you want Sega to make this game? Well, tell them! You can <a href="http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://sega.jp/opinion/&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhttp://sega.jp/contact/soft/%26hl%3Den%26rls%3Dcom.microsoft:*:IE-SearchBox%26rlz%3D1I7GPEA_en&rurl=translate.google.com&usg=ALkJrhg6gRQcNyHOXKOfxFYMTj1MH3Un-g" target="_blank"> send Sega Japan a message</a> telling them that you want to see classic Sonic games remastered like in the video. Make sure to include a link to the video, and above all, be very polite and formal. You may even want to encourage this project as a potential 25th anniversary release. I think Sega Japan only accepts messages in Japanese, so it's a good idea to use Babelfish to translate your message into Japanese. I know it seems unlikely that they'll listen, but if we all pull together and deluge them with thousands of requests, they'll have to at least give it some thought. Let's do it to it, and show them the true power of teamwork!

19. Dude

Dude

Tech Member
    Southbridge, MA
    Random VR/AR trash
    Funny they don't have one of these in English. They really should. But I wonder how much English feedback would be considered compared to the Japanese input... But yeah definitely send them that video in droves along with copies of the SPG. Tell them they need to do whatever it takes to get Yasuhara back and that delaying games is a practice they should continue doing.

20. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Well, Babelfish translation because there is perfect.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.