don't click here

Summer of Sonic 2011!

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Nova, May 6, 2011.

1. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    I guess he had no problems having this in a game destined for Gene's trash can:

Hopefully we should get feedback from SoS tomorrow or something, no doubt everybody's exhausted (or right now, getting pissed at the afterparty).

2. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    Iizuka also apologized for Big's gameplay.

Mads respecks was earned today.

3. Scarred Sun

Scarred Sun

Be who you needed when you were younger Administrator
    Tower 8 ️
    Welp, this.
    Just heard about Psychosk8r—congratulations, man!!

4. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    According to AAUK on Twitter, the estimated attendance was 1,250+. Must have been very packed throughout the day.

5. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    Did Psychosk8r die?

6. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    Congratulations, PsychoSk8er. That was really brave of you to do that! Shows how much you love her =)

7. NiktheGreek

NiktheGreek

Grumpy old bastard Oldbie
    Writing for the best video game magazine in the world
    The day was heat and crowd and noise and awesome.

I got to interview Naka and Iizuka. Transcription coming in a short while, probably Monday. They are bros and there is some mildly interesting stuff in there. =)

8. NHY

NHY

I'm gonna assume that Psychosk8r popped the question to his misses. If thats the case, congrats!

9. PsychoSk8r

PsychoSk8r

PsychedelAnt | Tone Turner Oldbie
    Birmingham, UK
    30 Day Project: Revisited.A New Release!
    Thanks guys, overall, it's been one of the best days of my life. I'll provide more details tomorrow, along with photos and videos. For now, I'm absolutely exhausted. =P

10. Blanche Hodapp

Blanche Hodapp

*urp* Eternal Queen
    I didn't even get in! :3

Still, I made my own awesome by getting drunk at 1 o'clock in the afternoon and eating cake

Also, congrats to Psy since I didn't get to see you at kicking-out time =P

11. PsychoSk8r

PsychoSk8r

PsychedelAnt | Tone Turner Oldbie
    Birmingham, UK
    30 Day Project: Revisited.A New Release!
    Well, regardless of having to get up at 4am, then standing in a queue from 7:25 until 9:20~ (which was surprisingly fun), yesterday was amazing. The whole day was great fun!

Here's some of the highlights, from my point of view. =P

I spotted Svend, and decided that we should have a photo of us where neither of us are drunk/passed out/hungover. =P
    [​IMG]

On a fag break, with my terrible eyesight, spotted what looked like Blanche, but wasn't 100% sure. Carly confirmed for me. So, I went over, said Hi, and took a picture of him taking a picture of me taking a picture of him. =P
    [​IMG]

Then I took a picture of Blanche taking a picture of himself and Nova.
    [​IMG]

Went back inside. After already having a photo and a quick chat with Jun earlier in the day, he spotted me and asked me to have this picture with him.
    [​IMG]
    That was such an honour. =P

Then, he called Carly over to join us for a picture.
    [​IMG]

Then after a while, everyone from Retro was outside, having a chat, and we decided it'd be a good time to have a photo.
    [​IMG]

Then Iizuka walked out. =P
    [​IMG]

And as you wouldn't expect any less from Retro's britfags...

We had a group picture with him!
    [​IMG]
    Though that random guy decided to join us. He didn't have a clue what was going on, and asked Iizuka for a lighter before this group photo.

Another shot!
    [​IMG]

Aaand one more.
    [​IMG]

Then ofcourse, back inside, things got a little crazy. (Excuse poor video quality, camera decided to fuck up at this moment, hopefully someone else also caught it)

Here's what I proposed with:
    [​IMG]

Here's what I was meant to propose with, but couldn't, as halfway to london, realised that it had been left in the mad 4am rush:
    [​IMG]

Overall, brilliant day. :D

12. Mr. Mash

Mr. Mash

All fanbases are awful Member
    drawing
    aww, Psy, that's so lovely.
    I'm regretting not going now.

13. Super

Super

The ever vigilant GSWAS. Member
    Michigan
    Youtube
    I'd bet, man. I've got to make it out to one of these, if only to shoot the breeze with a couple of you guys. Although I doubt I'll do any proposin'. That's your thing. Congrats.

14. Ink

Ink

Homicidal Echidna Oldbie
    Psy, that's so amazing. Very happy for you. Also goddamn proposing with an emerald, could you be more of a nerd (in the best way possible, of course!).

15. HelenBaby

HelenBaby

Congratulations! Saw you guys on stage, it was so sweet!

16. Max Firestorm

Max Firestorm

Pyrodramatic Member
    I was there with Psy and Carly (ALong with my girlfrieng) but Jo and I left around 345. I don't know why, but I was feeling ridiculously sick and dizzy. Since then, I've found out it was the painkillers I was taking for my legs combined with the heat (Though the painkillers were the main culprit)

You guys have no idea how much I regret leaving. Hell, if It meant I had to go puke in the toilet every 10 minutes, I'd've stayed to the end, but part of me is glad I left early because I did feel like absolute shit.

Psy - Really sorry I missed your proposal mate, I'm gutted, especially after the funny argument in the taxi =P At least you didn't go down the "sweet" road XD

I am glad that on the way out, I managed to grab AAUK/Kev and pull him aside for a minute to thank him and say how pleased I was at how well the event had gone. He also managed to get a piece of artwork from Jo as she'd been doodling all day XD But yeah, was very pleased that I went. Had a ridiculously immense time. <3

17. Jen

Jen

#lapidot Moderator
    England
    Various drawings
    I had an awesome day, best SoS yet in my opinion, it was amazing. It was brilliant to meet Yuji Naka, Takashi Iizuka and Jun Senoue (wish I'd had more time to speak to them - with Naka and Iizuka, it was nearly the end of the signing session when I finally got to them so I had to hurry).

Highlight of the day for me was at the q and a. My question got asked, which was a question to Naka about a piece of concept art, the one with Robotnik dressed like a bee. Not only did he answer the question, he signed my copy of the concept art! That's just awesome.

Will post pics and more details when I get home (currently in Namco Station with Orenge, Overlord and Nova posting from my 3ds).

18. Kiajinn

Kiajinn

is a Badnik Battery Member
    Sleeping Egg Zone
    16 Bit: Sleeping Egg Zone (Sonic Chaos)
    This was my first time at the Event and Damn it was Awesome.
    Congrats to future Mr and Mrs PsychoSk8r!

Loved Jun Senoue was very, very awesome, as was Club Sonic and basically everything other than Julian K.

My Swag Photos are here, Sans the Fleetway vs Archie Print & Shirt.
    http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/dd33/Ki..._of_Sonic_2010/
    Funfact: That copy of Sonic the Hedgehog is the genuinely first video game I ever played, its the reason I am gaming and casually spriting now, I think I might have to build a shrine. (I Kid)

Sadly I don't have any Photos of the event or anything I was stuck with my 2.0 MP phone camera and it just wasn't up to par.

Amazing Day Retro and the Fanbase, I'll be seeing you all again next year, just look for the man who looks like the missing link.
    Maybe I can meet a few of you then haha.

19. JennyTablina

JennyTablina

Oldbie
    Just poppin in to say thanks to everyone at Retro that went to the preparty and whom I saw on the day, you guys were awesome and it was great to chat : ) congrats to Psy!

20. Despite not meeting everyone from retro, it was good fun to meet OL, Nova, Nik, Cinosso (Apologies for the spelling) and a few others. I wasn't sure how well I'd merge from Lurking too often here to going "Surprise it's Narstyle" but it seemed to go well.

Definately convinced to sort out accomodation / further / longer arrangements for whatever next meet up happens.

Also congrats to Psychosk8er!