don't click here

Sonic Uno

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Super, Aug 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Super

Super

The ever vigilant GSWAS. Member
    Michigan
    Youtube
    How so? Or rather, how to fix this?

2. Rarmander

Rarmander

Poetaster Member
    An Empyreal Child
    Your artwork is fucking amazing. I am so jealous.

3. Super

Super

Michigan
    Youtube
    Well, it seems, in the end, I had the entire thing to far into subffolders for it to work properly, and when Shadowfire told me to place it in My Documents, it built, but I messed a few things up, and it's a little crappy right now, except for the fact that in the events of me trying to build it, Shadowfire ended up getting the files I had and built it himself, his was the better version. Anyway, IT build, but it seems like I messed something up, and my Blue's are, well, their part of a rigid rotating palette. How can I disable this?

4. stormislandgal

stormislandgal

It's not a phase! Tech Member
    Married life <3
    To disable that, you need to put an rts at the beginning of the palette cycling code. So you would hit enter, tab twice, and type rts at either:

PalCycle_GHZ if your problem is in GHZ
    PalCycle_LZ if your problem is in LZZ
    PalCycle_SLZ if your problem is in SLZ
    PalCycle_SYZ if your problem is in SYZ
    PalCycle_SBZ if your problem is in SBZ

That should do it.

5. Super

Super

Michigan
    Youtube
    That worked! Thanks to you, ThunderSpeed. I plan on releasing a 'betaa' of this hack... today. Only things left on my list to do is move the Marble Zone Deathline, which I've located, but have not a clue how to change. I tried something, but all I ended up doing is raising it, no matter what I tried. Same place, where I rose it to, but meh.

Anyway, some object layout I may change, If I'm not terribly Lazy.

6. stormislandgal

stormislandgal

It's not a phase! Tech Member
    Married life <3
    The death lines are controlled via the level sizes, and the Dynamic Level Events/ Screen Resizing. I forget which variables hold what though, so I can't help you on that one as much.

7. Super

Super

Michigan
    Youtube
    GHZ 1, 2, 3 Finished
    MZ 1, 2, 3 Pretty much done. Fine tuning may be needed, but nothing major.
    LZ 1 Started. The layouts done, but you can't beat the level case there are no bubbles. Debug strongly recommended.
    SYZ art done - Some colision issues, dunno how they got there. They may be just the same ones from the normal game.
    SLZ and SBZ are untouched.
    SBZ3 is using labrynth art. Very purple, needs fixing. Completable, because I just went straight on it so you wouln't fall into a terrible mayhem of crap.

DOWNLOAD TAKEN OFF. IRONING IT OUT.

8. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    Personally I don't feel you were ready for a release. You need to spend more time on one specific level, rather than jumping around everywhere making quick changes here and there. I don't like that whole "glass" thing you have got going in SYZ.

There are broken tiles and misplaced objects everywhere. I have a hard time knowing weather something is a mistake or just poor level design.

Also, I see some bad collsiion....

for example:
    Code (Text):
    1.         _______________
    2. _______/               \_________
    (streight floor, then a 45 degree slope)

This causes problems in all Sonic games other than Sonic CD.

Don't get me wrong, you do have some neat ideas in it, and it could become quite a nice "hack" if enough effort is put into it. It defiantly has a lot of potential.

9. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    A lot of your levels were pretty dull, but Marble caught me by suprise - that tube section was brilliant! I also liked the idea of the moving lava in the background.

Not bad. Not brilliant, but not bad, either.

10. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    I played with this a bit... it looks very good, and some sections are really hard. Nice Work, but I must say as well that there are some glitches. Like, obvious, in GHZ3. Would you like me (and other people) to point out bugs in this thread, or isn't needed at this stage?

11. Super

Super

Michigan
    Youtube
    Pointing out bugs is useful, please tell me, so I can fix them.

Oh, and Rika, I'll fix that straight away if you can show me where that occurs.

12. Ambil

Ambil

I want that heinous hedgehog hammered! Member
    I played this game, and saw a good hack incoming. Just for now, I'm going to evaluate the demo.

Code (Text):
    1. Pallettes   75;  Excellent touch on GHZ, good on the others.
    2. Graphics     75;  Most graphics are good and fit for the levels. I live the MZ art.
    3. Layout     70;  Will make an entertaining hack, but much difficult at some points.
    4. Technical   35;  It has plenty of bugs in all zones. I like the tubes though.
    5. Music      N/A;  No rating since you didn't touch it.
    6. -------------------
    7. Total       64/100 It's just a demo, a further release will get better ratings for sure.
    Those tubes in MZ are 1337. With your permission, I may borrow them for my hax. :D

Congratulations, and hope we see this project in a final release.

13. Sith

Sith

The molotov bitch Member
    I hate bugs, please fix them.
    I'll give it a go when I have time.

14. Super

Super

Michigan
    Youtube
    Spring yard was just my first attempt into art. It's gonne be scrapped, mostly. The Background will be edited slightly, because the newer foreground art will be a city in the distance, or Starlight, if you want to be technical.

Oh, and I never checked green hill zone, so that's my bad. Activate debug, You'll be safe then.

Or, I'm just gonna take away the release.

EDIT: Mmkay. I thought it out. Taking it off public download. I'm gonna wait until I iron a few things out.

15. Super

Super

Michigan
    Youtube
    This hack ain't dead, not by a long shot. I've just been working at other things recently, and school has got in the way, as well.

Spring Yard has been scrapped. I'm making an Oil Refinary Zone or something along those lines. In level order, it comes after Mystic Zone.(Marble)

No screens of the Oil refinary zone yet, because I can't get some things I want to work. Unlike many of my other levels you've seen, this will take place in the daytime, and you'll be outside. Amazing, I know.

I'm still working on a few odds and ends on he other levels, making them look better and all that. Make them flow better, get rid of odd obects and placing better ones.

Expect a much more refined release soon.

16. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    You should remove the link from your sig then.

17. Sith

Sith

The molotov bitch Member
    I dl it while I still had the chance. lol

18. Super

Super

Michigan
    Youtube
    That should be an older pallete only version available at Shadowfire's site.

19. MathUser

MathUser

3rd top wiki contributor Researcher
    Just make sure to have a good balance to the game. I don't care for challange hacks. One Sonic hack I tried I gave up after I couldn't pass the first level.

20. Sith

Sith

The molotov bitch Member
    That reminds me of the RHS v0.50 hack, levels were good in difficulty untill the last zone, then things suddenly turned into a complete nightmare.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.