don't click here

Sonic Unleashed

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Adamis, Mar 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    But seriously, that pose is spot on. I have no doubt that made it so Sonic Unleashed Super matched the Channel pose.

2. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    It's good to see that Sega aren't trying to make some sort of fake "suprise" with Super Sonic being in the game.

3. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
  4. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I still don't understand why his shoes change in the process. Might not look too bad if it weren't for the mouth and the curvy shoes.

EDIT: Huh, no Knuckles section. Perhaps he's not in this game (Finally. While I love Knuckles, having him in a game where he's not relevant to the plot is just pointless, and that's been every game since SA2). But no shadow. Whose that person to the far right though?

5. Sokaris

Sokaris

Here is a man who stood up. Member
    Hmm, looks like theres a 360 scroll of the levels on the Jap. website. I see New York, an ice stage, and a rain forest.

6. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Y'know, one thing that I hadn't thought about until I heard about it was how Jekyll/Hyde apparently had vague homosexual overtones. It's mentioned in "Freud was Right" on TVTropes: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FreudWasRight

Now you can't tell me that Were-Sonic isn't in fact the furry-sex equivalent of that (honestly, I amused on this occasionally before learning the above fact, but just attributed it to my messed-up mind).

7. Afti

Afti

ORIGINAL MACHINE Member
    I think that's stretching it. EVERYTHING can be perceived as sexual in nature, but not everything IS sexual in nature.

8. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    NEW FOOTAGE:
    http://www.gametrailers.com/player/41109.html?type=
    That's the Wii version in action for once

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/41102.html
    WereSonic in action on the 360 version. Notice the new HUD? Means this is a new demo. Also notice no slowdowns.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/41096.html
    Sonic playing through greece again. They've added a new Experiance bar, which you see sometimes. Also no slowdowns (It usually slows down around the picnic benches. Doesn't this time).

Sonic Team may have done it right this time. A polished Sonic game that looks fun at the same time. Bout fucking time.

9. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

NotEqual Tech, Inc - VR & Game Dev Oldbie
    You see that second half of the Werehog footage? when he's climbing on the poles and swinging from the beams? THATS how I wanted the werehog to be. Very very tight platforming. Hopefully there's so much emphasis on fighting and little emphasis on platforming only because this is the first stage. I've said all along that I'd hope that later levels are filled with lots and lots of platforming of that type.

Sort of like how early sonic levels feature very little grinding, but later levels are almost entirely made out of rails.

Also, did anyone notice the super sonic spin in the wii footage? As in, NOT the spin dash? Holy shit, how long has it been since we've seen it in a console sonic game?

10. ZOPR

ZOPR

What garbage.

I don't want to play a fucking racing game when I bought/rented a Sonic the Hedgehog game! I don't want to swing my arms, dammit! I want platforms, and jumping! Not to mention that the air-ride shit has long been yesterday's news, and does not truly fit into any Sonic game I have ever played.

*sigh* What disappointment.

11. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

So you haven't played Sonic CD? Because Collision Chaos Zone act 1 ends with a very very long air walking sequence where you're supposed to bounce from floating, moving bumpers. It's more forgiving because there are springs below.

Judging from comments about this game wanting to eliminate so many pits of death, I'd imagine that if you failed those air-walking sequences you'd just fall to a lower path.

12. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    That's funny—this has plenty of it. Methinks you're just bandwagoning on the generic "modern Sonic sucks!!" without having any real reasoning behind it. It's blind fanboy rage, and quite frankly I'm sick of seeing it. It is very possible to find redeeming aspects in a game even when some parts of it bug you.

13. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    I saw what was the equivalent of pressing down in the old games. Now THAT'S hot!

14. ZOPR

ZOPR

I played through the game once, but only vaguely remember that level. The kind of things I would prefer to see are more platforming on land, as opposed to platforming using springs. One (or in Sonic CD's case, 3) level or so using springs to platform is cool and all, but a whole game seemingly centered on the use of springs does not float this boat XD

Admittedly, I am not overly informed about this here game, and from the three previews I just watched, I have no intention of putting money into it.

If the reviews are favorable, I may investigate a bit. But, considering where Sonic has been swirling the last few years (see: shitter) I find no reason to help SEGA make money on shitty games. (I think my grammar is off, better recheck once I am more awake >_>)

Not intentionally bandwagoning, no. I have not found interest in any of the new games, what with all the running from point A to B with lots of blur effects and such.

Even Heroes didn't do it for me... still haven't beaten the game. I admit, I didn't play the Sonic DS game (with that cat/bat chick) that was allegedly very good, so I can't comment on quality there, but those previews are like many of the previews for other this-gen Sonic games. All dolled up, but a lackluster full game.

I am also not saying it is impossible to find redeeming aspects of a game... you have read too far into my post! I am of the idea that there should be more redeeming aspects than problems, and I have the feeling that there will be more negatives than positives. Every game has a positive side, but lately the good parts in a Sonic game are extremely outweighed by the bad.

15. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

If anyone was curious as to what I meant by air-walking:

Skip to 2:20

Please excuse my poor playing.

Thats the Super Sonic Spin I was talking about earlier.

16. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    I'm actually in the opposite extreme as his, just my post got deleted. I'm not shaming anybody, I think it was the server's fault because I also got a "server not found" error when I posted =/

Anyways, on the Wii footage, spindash is at 0:53. Also, the camera is way too far from Sonic - but that's not a bad thing. Despite Sonic looks very small, it actually allows me to see further, something I really need if I have to go so fast. This may make the hedgehog stages more enjoyable, in my opinion =]

EDIT: geese, for a new-school game actually start looking good to me it has to have something good for real =P

17. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

Thats not a spindash, that's the super sonic spin. Aka the thing you do when you're running and press down and roll without charging up first.

Although, it'll probably act like it did in Sonic Rush where it doesn't increase your speed. But luckily we have the tension gauge for that.

EDIT: For the record, I think it's a much much bigger deal to see this in a 3D sonic game than the Spindash. This was basically sonic's signature move, even before the spindash. It hasn't been in a sonic game since, what, Sonic Heroes?

18. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    I call that one the soft spindash =P (being the hard spindash the one where you charge).

19. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Well, it was in Heroes if that's what you mean (sort of). Heroes actually didn't have a spin dash.

20. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

The manual has called that the "Super Sonic Spin" for years.

Tsk tsk, I'd expect you guys to know this stuff :)

Mm, I thought I remembered the Super Sonic Spin being in Sonic Heroes... I don't remember the spindash being absent though. I havent played that game in a long while.

What I meant is that no sonic game since Sonic Heroes (outside of the handhelds) has had it, right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.