don't click here

Sonic & SEGA All Stars Racing

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Diablohead, May 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    I did love the Internet exploding when Sonic was revealed. Sadly, it made his only appearance in Subspace Emissary so lackluster. I'd have kept him secret all the way until release. Obviously, it was designed more for shock value (I wouldn't say it retained it since both Snake and Sonic are teased on the back of the box.)

Still, the blog updates were fun. I remember people would stay up until 3 A.M. EST hoping for a new character announce.

2. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Japan Tiems were the best year of my life.

3. Zephyr

Zephyr

US

I see I'm invisible. :v:

4. Clutch

Clutch

It was a dark and stormy night... Member
    I seem to remember people who threw hissy fits and claimed they wouldn't buy Brawl if Sonic was in the game.

5. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    That just comes to show how much just three or four games could do to a series. :psyduck:

6. Kurosan

Kurosan

Samurai of Gaming Oldbie
    I know, I happen to be a fan of Smash Bros. myself, but tourneyfags / "competitive" players happen to be (too large) a large part of the series' fanbase. "Waaah they fucked up because they removed the Wave Dash waaah let's add it to the game AND IT'S TOTALLY NOT A GLITCH!!!". There's even this guy on YouTube who thinks that using the C-Stick as a shortcut to perform uncharged Smash Attacks is cheating because it doesn't require you to move the main analog stick and yet jumping using a button is perfectly fine because it's "meant to be that way"; IE "The game should be how I want it to be and everyone should play the way I do". Goddammit. I love that series, but I hate its community.

7. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    An aerial down smash with the stick and button method speeds up descent, and that's not good ea—strategy often. C-Sticking doesn't offer that problem.

8. Kurosan

Kurosan

Samurai of Gaming Oldbie
    Exactly, and in theory, you COULD also use the C-Stick while speeding up descent if you wanted to. C-Sticking has the disadvantage of not being chargeable, but has the advantage of being more versatile and not interfering with your inputs, so I don't see what that guy (and I assume other tourneyfags) have against that. So abusing game glitches and being so desperate that you add them back into a game that fixed them in the first place is fine and makes you a better player, but making use of a different control style for the purpose it intended is wrong. Right.

9. Dr. Mecha

Dr. Mecha

Dallas, TX
    3d Models
    To be plain honest, the only part of JoD that I enjoy was the Nightopians, paralooping them will seen them to the garden as opposed to killing them (this sadly also applies to Nightmarens), meaning you have an area and time to take care of them. But to me, that makes it similar to Sonic Adventures series: They improve on some aspect, but on the rest it's lackluster.

10. MysticPez

MysticPez

That One Guy
    The Land of harry Potter and Truffles
    ......No... i'd like to be a Beta Tester but I can dream
    You know, I've been thinking if there getting Ratchet & Clank which is a PS3 Exclusive download character only, I think it would be best if they all had a different exclusive character for each different console take the Wii or possibly the DS (Phat, Lite) or DSi could get Mario or Luigi and 360 could Get Banjo & Kazooie. But this is just me talking but I know they have planned to make Ratchet & Clank a PSN exclusive download.

11. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    I'd rather not chose which version I get based on dealings that go on whatever arrangements these various companies make.

12. MysticPez

MysticPez

That One Guy
    The Land of harry Potter and Truffles
    ......No... i'd like to be a Beta Tester but I can dream
    That aside, I thing this might be a great game.

13. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    Getting the motivation to continue old projects
    Also, if they do for whatever crazy reason go for a seperate character based on the system it's on (like a couple games in the Soul Caliber series) Nintendo should definitely go for Captain Falcon, seeing as it's a car racer. I think we all know what his All Star move would be =P

14. TSSZNews

TSSZNews

First @ Something or Other Banned
    The Update Desk
    Occasional JOURNALISM
    Guys, I'm getting word in to expect a media blitz beginning at 6PM ET tonight.

Turns out a lot of folks were invited to a playtest at Sega's French division. Multiple versions were on hand, including the DS edition.

I dunno if the NiGHTS issue will be resolved tonight, but I expect this to be significant.

15. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Sounds like a good time. It's always fun when the embargos are lifted.

16. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    I await any minor signs saying that Ristar made it in.

17. TSSZNews

TSSZNews

First @ Something or Other Banned
    The Update Desk
    Occasional JOURNALISM
    http://www.tssznews.com/2009/11/25/inside-...ces-asr-powwow/

With a little help collaborating by Fox Gungrave of Eversonic, we are first to report in the English speaking world that the roster for ASR, contrary to some earlier reports (even some of mine), has not been finalized and that over 10 SEGA franchises will be represented in this game when all is said and done. This is as of about a couple weeks ago, and that would *just* put it later than most of the accounts that the thing has been finalized. That has to be good news for the NiGHTS or TJ&E camp.

Also from this is word that DLC will only happen if the game sees commercial success. So, if there's been some finalization by this point, and a character is out, this thing has to sell well for he/she/it to be in later on.

18. Zephyr

Zephyr

US
    Well then for the sake of Vectorman, NiGHTS, and Ristar (in case they aren't in) everybody buy this damn game :argh:

19. The KKM

The KKM

Welcome to the nExt level Member
    Portugal
    IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog comic books
    [​IMG]

Thought I'd just leave this here.

20. Kyuu

Kyuu

Memory Access Violation Member
    What... the hell is that? :psyduck:

Thread Status: