don't click here

Sonic & SEGA All Stars Racing

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Diablohead, May 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I thought Thunder Deck looked like it. More like one of the lesser member of the Egg Fleet I suppose, but it sure is a lot closer to it than the first two.

2. Max Firestorm

Max Firestorm

Pyrodramatic Member
    Ugh. I hate the fact that the Wii won't see this content. I'm gonna have to invest in a PS3 or something X.x

3. Super

Super

The ever vigilant GSWAS. Member
    Michigan
    Youtube
    In playing the Demo over and over again against Expert racers, I find that the game is tirelessly fun even with a single level to play with - well, at least insofar. I just started going against the 'Expert' difficulty and I've absolutely trashed them on most occasions when I don't screw up the final jump and overshoot the sandbar in Lost Palace. I think I have a shot at stealing the WR on the leaderboards when I rent this game again. Or considering my job, I'll probably be buying it instead.

Since both ASR poll threads got trashed(didn't care to see why), how many of you guys have this for 360 that still play it from time to time?

4. 1stKirbyever

1stKirbyever

I keep playing with random people online with big, getting 1st - 3rd, and I keep getting this.

[​IMG]

I wonder why? :v:

5. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    It's called crybaby room leaders kicking you for doing well against them with a character they've deemed unplayable.

6. GameboyHero

GameboyHero

The amount of bullshit he has to deal with...poor Member
    TX
    There's also the fact that the Wii online is a bit of a pain in the ass. BlackHole and I know this all too well. :v:

7. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    Man that is a riot sometimes, I usally pick Shadow if I get chance becase he's good all round, but I also make a point of getting really good with Tails for backup, because no-one uses him. So everyone knows shadow is good all round, so I'm usally Tails in the end.

Man I have been kicked so many times for winning, sometimes it was even by an embarassing margin like 16+ seconds

8. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy

Add me, I've been dying to play with someone who doesn't ragequit.

9. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member

Yeah I play it fairly often, got a couple of achivements the other day too, its the only game at the moment worth having in my 360, I cant wait for that DLC

10. Chris Highwind

Chris Highwind

Statesville, NC
    Slacking
    So, the Wonder Boy Trophy/Achievement: Did anyone get that? I did. I was showing off my PS3's HD graphics to my foster mom's sister's kid, and while he was marveling at the 720p goodness on Ocean Ruin (he pointed out that he could see a whale in the underwater tunnel :v: ), I decided, since I was basically destroying the AI racers 'cause of that jump that shaves off the last turn for all 5 laps, I might as well go for it.

Now, if only I was that good online :flunked:

11. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    I actually got that achievement while playing online on the same track. (as Ryo Hazuki :v: )

12. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    I got the 'lap a player on Live' Achievement, the day after the game came out, because for the first few races I did there was a village idiot driving backwards the whole time.

TSS just reported on a 360 version patch which lets the CPU use Banjo, etc. I'm currently at the beach so I can't check it out until tonight, but is the Metal Sonic/Death Egg DLC available as well?

13. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    No it isn't. It should be available soon though

14. Tylinos

Tylinos

I got it on that track too, playing as Shadow or Alex Kidd. I forget which. That jump is just amazingly useful, and pretty much required to use against actual people. If you're playing online, and you miss it even once, you've probably lost. The jump makes or breaks your race almost completely on its own.

15. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    God fucking damn it. I hate that fucking bear and I hate his All-Star.

16. Hence the reason for it being a patch, I assume. They intentionally made it so the game doesn't usually allow Banjo as a CPU for that reason.

17. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Wow. I never noticed that Banjo wasn't in any of the races actually.

18. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    When I host a room online, I usually only kick people if they stay idle for 30 seconds and there are other people ready to go. People want to race, not stare at a menu with generic pop techno! :eng101:

And after a while, since I'm an awesome OP like this, I stay at the starting line for a lap so everyone can get the lapping trophy -- great for people doing trophy runs, indifferent to people who have it.

19. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Oh, great! Over at SSMB I kept pestering S0L for a reason as to why Banjo didn't show up as CPU in the final build (he did in the demo) and he said it was because some fans didn't like the idea of racing against a non-SEGA character. Kinda of a petty reason. Banjo's ASM is one of the few that really gets Rival racers on their toes, so it's nice that he's been added.

20. Clutch

Clutch

It was a dark and stormy night... Member
    GUH-HUH

Though yeah, I didn't really care that he wasn't a CPU player. I was usually racing with him vehicle anyway and it was nice not having to go up against the character whenever I wasn't. Plus it sort of fit since him and the avatar were also the only characters without missions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.