don't click here

Sonic Runners announced (Sonic Team/Mobile)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by 360, Dec 28, 2014.

1. AnimatedAF

AnimatedAF

We're just assuming we'd even get a official release of all these level packs based on Japan-only Sega games when Runners eventually makes it here. Oh well, at least it's fully translated here already.

2. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

That would be really unfair. Don't we get anything else instead?

[​IMG]

Oh... :(

I assume they'll run these events outside of Japan. There's literally no good reason not to. But there'd be no harm in tying the events into other existing Sonic games (similar to Zazz in Dash) and other third-parties if that approach works for them.

3. chaoscollector

chaoscollector

Even if it is localised, I'm glad I got the chance to see Eggman thank Satan!
    Really compliments that light hearted feel the series is going for!

4. EDIT - After doing some research I see that Satan is a character from Puyo Puyo. Still though, in a Sonic game?

5. Zycor

Zycor

Unlike Sonic, I don't chuckle. Member
    Beats me.
    I'm 90% certain that the only things Satan has in common with the Christian Religion
    myth.... okay well, in any case, like most people who don't actually read the book, he's not that prominent of the character and most of what our society interprets as Satan comes from Dante's Inferno (aka not the Bible and various other external material.)
    is that he has a name that, when written in English, looks like Satan. It's pronounced with the a sound in Father (though I admittedly don't know a whole lot about christianity in regards to Japan because Japan is fairly non religious The only thing I know is Jesus is ???). If they actually wanted his name to be Satan, there is a way they could have manipulated the text to make it sound like it does in proper English. He rules over what the games tend to call Puyo Purgatory. The most "evil" thing he has done is just try to get Arle to date him or marry him and he's never very successful at trying to convince her, and never forces her (as far as I know, either way he's never succeeded) Oh well. Assuming this does come out in the west, he will probably be demoted to Dark Prince again.

[​IMG]

6. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    They pronounce his name as "satin", like the silk-like material. In Puyo Puyo 15th, Yu (one of the Twin Ghosts) makes fun of his name by calling him"Satan" (Satin) and "Stan" :V

7. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

They took their sweet time. Oh well. I'm on the Canadian version (iOS), and I assume I won't be able to transfer anything over by downloading the UK one. It hardly makes a difference anyway, since I'm not planning to use any of the IAPs.

8. Nova

Nova

Just going to wait until it comes out properly over here and play it all over again. Maybe manage my rings a bit better this time, too. :v:

9. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Ya I'm thinking the same thing. Least Tails will be playable off the bat this time.

10. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    Look who's coming soon to Runners...

[​IMG]

It's a limited-time event though, June 26th to July 10th.

Source: http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/20150620_708002.html

11. Well then. Looks like they didn't forget about him after all :v:
    Can't wait.

12. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    Can't help but find it a bit weird they're using a US Sonic 1 cartridge though, rather than the Japanese one.

Also, I might be wrong, but I think Eggman in the small gameplay screenshot on the left is also sporting the classic design.

As long as its a anniversary occasion, sure. He'll be hauled back in the vault after July 10th though, I bet.

13. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Here's a blank check Sega please do with it what you will.

But no seriously, I will grind the ever living fuck out of this event for Classic Sonic. And while I'm sure the only way to get him is through the event, they aren't going to all the sudden remove him if you've unlocked him.

Also I just figured it out. A Sega Genesis, Sonic 1 & Knuckles, and the Death Egg are your companions. That's just wonderfully corny and beautiful. I will definitely be reinstalling the game though, as the only way I'll possibly get enough chances at the roulette to unlock this fucker will be to grind the first couple bosses and win those eggs.

14. Nova

Nova

So, I've been out of the loop on Runners since the Chaotix event ages ago - do unlocked 'new' characters stay, or do you lose them once the event is over?

15. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Yup they stay. I still have Charmy, thank god right guys? Oh, and calling it now, music in the Special stage will either be Green Hill Zone or literally the special stage music from Sonic 2.

Also release Metal Sonic already please. If you really wanted to go the extra mile, release Classic Tails and Classic Knuckles too, or Mighty for the lulz, but we know that will never happen.

16. Well, they fixed flight characters, but, who gives a fuck about Charmy? :v:

17. Rosie

Rosie

aka Rosie Member
    Can you pay for characters? I'd be happy to throw £1.99 or whatever in-app purchases cost these days to not have to grind all day to play as Classic Sonic.

18. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    No, you can pay for Red Rings which you can use for a chance to win a character... or an Omochao companion.

EDIT: That source has some other interesting tidbits as well. They added some new icons on the bottom of the menu screen (can't tell what they are), they seem to have added an option that allows you to put an item on hold for use when you want, not when the game wants (bout time), and I guess if you really want to you can buy the soundtrack for Sonic Runners off itunes and amazon.

19. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    I think you can pay for a chance to win him in a roulette.

Also I'm honestly surprised nobody has made a bigger deal out of the game literally allowing you to gamble with real money.