don't click here

Sonic Runners announced (Sonic Team/Mobile)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by 360, Dec 28, 2014.

1. I've bitched about the money in this game so many times and that thought never occurred to me.
    Yeah, that kind of is a bad thing to be honest. The game should be generous and give you a lot or red star rings and use that to gamble away instead of "forcing" you to possibly pay to get more red star rings and with that still not get the companion you want because it's a roulette board.

2. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

I was initially planning to spend some money (maybe like £10) on Red Rings in this game because I've gotten loads of playtime out of it, and to date SEGA still haven't turned to ad revenue for it; it's been entirely free. But it was when someone on here worded it that way about it purely being gambling that I changed my mind. Give me an option to buy characters and then we'll talk, SEGA. I don't really want to pay for a chance to unlock stuff. So far I've missed out on both Amitie-style Amy and the entire Chaotix due to sheer lack of luck. I really wanted them, and I don't much fancy the idea of spending money to potentially still not unlock them.

That said, Classic Sonic is delightful and it's so bloody good to see him again after Generations. I didn't expect to be this pleased about it, especially since I'd already said to myself I wouldn't much care if they added him to this game. Now they just launch a new 2D Classic Sonic side-series made by a competent team. You know it would make some money.

3. Nova

Nova

What's even weirder is that it's Sonic 1 on top of Sonic & Knuckles.

NO WAY!

4. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I want to say that's because it's a collection of Special stages, and since you'll probably unlock that in this game's special stage that makes some sense.

Although the fact that they reference that and don't shove that Sonic 2 halfpipe down our throats is news to me.

5. Jen

Jen

#lapidot Moderator
    England
    Various drawings
    Oh wow, Classic Sonic! That's awesome! :D

I was always going to get Runners eventually once it went global, but this news has made it a day-one download for me.

6. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

You know what is a damn shame? Classic Tails and Classic Knuckles stand virtually no chance of appearing (especially Knuckles). I'd pay for them.

7. Felik

Felik

Aw man! I was hoping for Sonic Boom Sonic, not that stupid chibisonic nobody cares about!

8. Pokepunch

Pokepunch

UK
    A Sonic 2 Hack
    I'm still annoyed at the lack of Classic Knuckles in Sonic Generations... Anyway, haven't tried this yet as I couldn't be bothered to download the apk. I guess I'll try it when it comes out.

9. SuperSonicRider

SuperSonicRider

Hmm you know, I was among the "when the hell are they gonna release this game worldwide" people, but in retrospect, it does make a lot of sense for them to release it around Sonic's birthday. Especially with the Classic Sonic event! I think I'm gonna start from scratch too. I've not gotten any character from any event yet, and the only companion I got that I actually used consistently was Shahra. Then again, you get her through not completely random means...what I'm trying to get at is that I don't have much to lose. :v:

I will try to grind for Classic Sonic and the new companions in this event, though! I wonder when obviously-Frozen Factory-level and possibly-Tropical Coast-level are gonna happen.

EDIT: Haha

10. Rockman Zero

Rockman Zero

Hello there, my little friend. Member
    Videos for Hellfire Commentaries.
    Classic Sonic? Consider me interested. What are the details on unlocking him?

11. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

As of yet, nothing. He'll be part of an event running from the 26th of June to the 10th of July. I assume he'll be on on the Roulette Wheel with a 6% chance of landing on him, as were the Chaotix and the Amitie-Amy. But like those ones, he should still be playable after the event provided you unlocked him.

12. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    I'm betting on it turning blue crystals into rings.

I just converted 100 red rings to rings to level up Puyo Amy, so now I'm gonna have to grind even more to make up for it. Great.

13. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    That'd be game breaking though, since after phase 3 rings no longer exist. If rings were there the game becomes 18000 times easier.

14. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    I'm happy to see Sega hasn't completley forgot about Classic Sonic.

Now give me Generations 2, god darn it.

15. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    With level DLCs.

16. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    6 music tracks just hit iTunes in a Vol. 1 compilation, for anyone else that really likes the game's music. You get the Windy Hill, Sky Road, Lava Mountain, Eggman fight, Spring Event, and main menu music tracks. $5.94 USD.

EDIT: 4 of the tracks have actual endings now, except Sky Road and the main menu music. If that matters to you too.

17. Lyrica

Lyrica

(Formerly: Donnyku) Oldbie
    Pennsylvania
    Wedding Planning
  18. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

The game is now on the European Apple App Store, possibly on other platforms and in other regions too. Have at it. The Classic Sonic event starts tomorrow.

19. It's on the U.S. Apple App Store as well now.

20. Listening to the music now for the first time, it sounds pretty good actually. Very Lost World-y, but that'd be Tomoya Ohtani. Considering Lost World, I'm kind of worried he's the only guy on Sonic Team's music team now. >.>