don't click here

Sonic Mania (Switch, PS4, Xbox One, PC...Netflix?)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Iggy for Short

Iggy for Short

2. I'm more bothered they had to re-use Sonic 3 1-up jingle (stage clear jingle at least is a memorable tune).

But yes, that stage clear Tee composed goes hard. Now I wonder how stage clear will sound in Sonic Superstars;

3. kyasarintsu

kyasarintsu

Sounds a little extra for a stage clear track to me. I'd prefer this to be used after bosses or something, with something lighter used otherwise.

4. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

I honestly much prefer the remixed S3 jungle that we got, and appreciate the consistency that did theme has had in the series. If anything, it bothers me that a lot of major games now don't use it in favour of their own theme tune instead.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  5. Lambda

Lambda

Yeah, I'm kinda in the same camp. The new jingle is good, but for me, when I finish a Sonic stage, I want to hear the iconic Sonic Stage End Jingle.

I might try the mod where this plays after bosses, though. That might be a cool compromise.

6. TheOcelot

TheOcelot

Scooty Puff Jr sucks! Member
    Wow this sounds so sick. Should have at least been the act-clear music for Encore Mode.

7. That, or after killing the bosses at least.

8. AfroRyan

AfroRyan

Sonic Pinball Party Stan Member
    SOIL
    Looking over my old posts randomly, and I'm actually a little shocked at how many things I wanted/suggested ended up becoming reality in either Sonic Mania or Sonic Origins. The earlier post comes from the Taxman Sonic CD thread, before the other mobile ports, btw; I just linked it here because this thread is still alive and that one hasn't seen a post since 2016.

I like to think those suggestions were part of the early snow dust that created the enormous out of control snow ball that 2D Sonic has become today.

I'm glad I got my suggestions in; since most of them were eventually fulfilled (even if it took years). I guess they weren't that asinine after all lol.

Here's to hoping for an eventual Tails' Adventure remake, if not in the Retro Engine, then at least a nice 2D hand drawn game from a developer like LizardCube...who coincidentally did like a tweet I made suggesting that a few weeks ago. I hope that's another "early snow dust" situation as well.

9. Brainulator

Brainulator

Regular garden-variety member Member
    Especially since I think there's a subtle connection between that theme and Sonic 3's title screen theme, much as with Sonic 1, 2, and Knuckles.

Also, Sonic 3 act clear theme for Sonic 1 & 2 please

10. Lambda

Lambda

Like, a mod or rom hack?

11. TheOcelot

TheOcelot

Scooty Puff Jr sucks! Member
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2023
    • Like Like x 10
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  12. GoldeMan

GoldeMan

Texas
    I like this theme a lot better than the one they used in the final, at least as an end credit song.

13. Iggy for Short

Iggy for Short

I was about to say "I like this, but it doesn't beat the classic medley" before going back to check and realizing Sonic Mania didn't do a medley. I wonder why.

14. kyasarintsu

kyasarintsu

I for one am glad it's not a medley. I always rock out to the intro of Sonic 1 and Sonic 2 and Sonic & Knuckles's credits themes only to get hit with disappointment when it just becomes a medley.

15. Sai Start Marker

Sai Start Marker

Born in 1947 but made for the 90's Oldbie
    Given how long Mania's credits went on for we could have all three (the used ending, the scrapped ending AND a Zone medley). Oh well. Nice to hear this stuff regardless.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. Palas

Palas

Don't lose your temper so quickly. Member
    I for one LOVE medleys. I always tear up when I hear the one from S3&K as I finish the game. Recollection is such a powerful thing. Still, I love this scrapped credits theme.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  17. Snowbound

Snowbound

• Informative Informative x 12
    • List
  18. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    I still want to know if there was any sort of context to the Sonic shaped island on the title screen beyond "it looked cool."

19. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
  20. Vertette

Vertette

Not gonna lie, the story of Eggman revisiting old locations out of a mix of depression and nostalgia sounds fun. The Phantom Ruby just kinda made a mess of the plot, and while I like the idea of Eggman and the HBH fighting while you're trying to fight both, the ending battle didn't make much sense to me when I first played it. It isn't very clear why they turn on him at first.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • List