don't click here

Sonic Mania (Switch, PS4, Xbox One, PC...Netflix?)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
    Holy shit

2. Violet

Violet

Sweden
    Flicky Engine, Overdrive
    And just got my key! That animations looks amazing. Can't wait for august.
    [​IMG]

Never been this hyped for a new sonic game since years.

3. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    New Eggman render! According to Ruki185, it apparently was uploaded to the Sega press server.

[​IMG]

EDIT 2:

The Hyper Potions song used in the trailer was Time Trials, which you can listen to here:

Sega should get these guys to compose music for a Sonic game someday, they're great.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    They draw the rabbit ears on Sonic before removing them.

GLIDE
    * & climb
    ** & punch too

Also, Stardust Speedway is confirmed.

Yay, I got Stardust Speedway! (Although it came as no surprise to anybody.) But more importantly...

I noticed that this version seems to be covering the jungle trope rather than the highway trope. Does that suggest one of the new levels might be highway themed?

5. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    What a great looking animation. I'm still really excited for this game, and since I have no idea when the collectors edition will arrive I may end up double dipping and buying this on PC twice or buying it on the PS4 (assuming I get one).

Any finally, a release date and a price point. It's coming together!

And do we know if Stardust speedway is past only? Maybe it'll have time travel elements to it. Or maybe Act 1 is the past and Act 2 is another time zone. Either way this most likely confirms a Metal Sonic boss, which I'm quite alright with. And as far as tropes go, I don't think the highway trope was really covered until Adventure 1. Unless one of the new levels is highway themed I wouldn't mind them steering clear from that, especially given how many city levels were included in Generations.

EDIT: Time trial... fuck no I mean Travel.

6. minichapman

minichapman

I'd like to think I'll be imparting words of wisdo Member
    United Kingdom
    Staying sane.
    Could somebody grab the shot at the end before the doors close please? I would love to use it as a possible wallpaper but I'm away from the PC atm.

7. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    By "highway zone" I'm referring to both Star Light and the original Stardust Speedway.

Because this version of Stardust Speedway is significantly more jungle-like than the original, it would suggest that it was done to differentiate from another highway level; either Star Light, or something new.

8. JcFerggy

JcFerggy

Do you want to taco 'bout it? Member
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    GoldenEye: Source, Other Stuff
    I was thinking of how they could do a CD level while still incorporating the time travel gimmick. The way I would do it would to make Act 1 be the past, Act 2 the Present, then transition to the Bad Future for the boss fight. Maybe good Future if you broke the two hidden robot generator in the level. It could be one of those passive things that gets you an achievement or something.

9. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I wouldn't say that it's jungle necessarily, it's just playing more with the vines that were present in the original but weren't really used in anyway.

10. LukyHRE

LukyHRE

The only one who has a Portal-themed avatar Member
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Bitching and complaining about my country -.-'
    Here: http://imgur.com/a/usRH4

Also, oh dear, 127 users viewing this topic...

11. Violet

Violet

Sweden
    Flicky Engine, Overdrive
    http://i.imgur.com/kzMC3a6.jpg

12. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Dat trailer. Dat act like Sonic 4 never existed. Dat Sonic CD style animation. Dat new Stardust Speedway zone.

Pre-ordered so hard. Amazing price point too. The response on NeoGAF is also overwhelmingly positive and they're usually negative about anything Sonic so that should act as a good barometer to the reactions everywhere else. This game has such ridiculous hype and positive buzz. Hope it sells millions which at this rate, it probably will.

Sonic Mania series please Taxman and Stealth. Wonderful work too by the way guys. Consider me hyped.

13. minichapman

minichapman

I'd like to think I'll be imparting words of wisdo Member
    United Kingdom
    Staying sane.
    Thank you very much for this!

14. That trailer shifted my hype into overdrive, to the point that I could get by without any further reveals until release. Stardust Speedway Past is plenty to keep me going for two more months, all the while keeping me more excited for what other zones I may find when I get to play.

Preordering on Steam later this week, guaranteed. Preordered.

15. Neowl

Neowl

feels good man Member
    London, England
    SAIL HATAN
    Was that some Spinball Eggman Bumpers I spied during one shot?

Echoing most sentiments on the animation, absolutely gorgeous! Roll on August!

16. Jay T.

Jay T.

It takes an idiot to do cool things... Member
    Well, Sonic 4 isn't a classic title at all, so....it wouldn't be there. Eh, whatever. :v:/>

The animation was sick, and I do wish more of it was in color, but what we got was amazing. Loved the little reference to his earlier designs. Stardust Speedway looks awesome too. I'm definitely hyped for this game.

17. RikohZX

RikohZX

That trailer theme reminded me a lot of Colors' theme in instrumental but with more of a whimsical and old-school tone to it as well. I'm definitely pre-ordering this.

18. IndyCotton

IndyCotton

It tells immensely that I'm actually super-hyped to a Sonic-title since eons of seeing SEGA churn 'em out as of Generations -including the mere "meh" Forces so far. The amount of heart put to this game just oozes out from every corner of it. Like, I could go on forever about those divine, smooth animations that capture Sonic's adorable, yet cool appeal right from the Classic-era in vein of CD's and OVA's animations, and just how these stages are gonna be full blast-processed fun
    to play through.

I think I need to get a clean pair of pants.

I kind of was bit iffed about Stardust Speedway due how it already had enough references and presence in last Sonic-titles as it is (I personally wished for Tidal Tempest or even Collision Chaos), but again, considering the layouts of those zones, I can see why Stardust Speedway must had been easier to accomodate and fill a niche for a "highway zone" here.

Though again, we might get more from CD, since still we're getting more classic zones than just new ones. (Sorta makes me confused still how that's a thing)

19. Candescence

Candescence

Sydney, Australia
    3D Indie Stuff
    The contrast between this labor of sheer love and Sonic Team's HERP A DERP stupidity with Forces is astonishing.

I am so getting this on the Switch.

20. Its...everything I ever wanted.

Thank you Taxman and Stealth...THANK YOU!! :.)