don't click here

Sonic Lost World (Wii U, 3DS, PC) Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, May 17, 2013.

1. Ayu Tsukimiya

Ayu Tsukimiya

UGUU~ Member
    I'll have to find a way to get that special deadly six edition. Fucking NiGHTS, man.

2. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Marble zone with the pink spike wisp*

Anyway I think we should wait a little more before jumping to conclusions on how the game looks or plays.

We don't even know all Windy Hill acts yet!

3. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    We've had 3 months of trailers, screenshots, cutscenes, gameplay demonstrations, and hands-on impressions, with about 2 months to release. It's not so much a jump to a conclusion as much as a hop to an educated extrapolation of what to expect.

4. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
  5. Arique

Arique

SHUWATCH! Member
    That's cool and all. Now how about giving us a pre-order bonus for the 3DS crowd?

6. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Honestly, was this ever in any real doubt? Anyone truly thinking the Yanks wouldn't get pre-order DLC was being an idiot. This wasn't multiple physical items like the Generations special edition was.

7. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Now the question is do I have to go change my pre-order or will Gamestop just hand me the Deadly Six Edition come release day?

8. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Assuming they're getting it (they haven't confirmed if it's specific retailers), I'd reckon you'd get it without the need to change.

9. Conando

Conando

Is not, in fact, Raphael Member
    Lynn, MA
    MarioMedia.net FTP
    All the first prints are the Deadly Six Edition, it seems. I wouldn't worry about it.

10. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    There was never any doubt, yet a few people thought it'd be like the Generations Limited Edition Europe got... even though this is just dlc and more similar to ASRT's Bonus Edition (of which ALL copies out there are.)

Some of you really need to calm the hell down.

11. Conando

Conando

Is not, in fact, Raphael Member
    Lynn, MA
    MarioMedia.net FTP
    I suppose my real concern was it being GameStop exclusive, because that garbage tends to happen here. Good to see it's not, though.

12. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Sonic Lost World basically being Super Mario Galaxy 3 does mean it's by far the best 3D Sonic game yet though! :ruby:

13. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    I don't like you TimmiT :c

More accurately it's the best 3D platformer game where Sonic's the starring character, yes. :v

Deadly Six edition looks pretty cool. This game's style is an odd one; sometimes it really works and other times it looks like they're going for absolute minimalism while having detailed the hedgehog run through the stages. Even though enemies have been chibified. Oi :v

14. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Seems to me like it still has enough Sonic elements though. Mario doesn't spend the entire stage running, homing attacking enemies, using speed boosters* and bouncing off springs.

I do agree with that Sonic doesn't fit inside the game's world. They really should have made a 3D new model for this game that actually fits in, instead of just re-using the Unleashed/Generations 3D model.

Also

NiGHTS and Sonic confirmed to be part of the same universe! :v:

* + - Well, I guess Mario 3D World has speed boosters.  

15. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    Though it has those things, they're not being used in a very Sonic-y matter. A lot of the speed I've been seeing feel no more exhilarating than the Sling Stars in Galaxy. Very little of the actual platforming feels fluid or fast. Instead it's relying on scripted sequences, like the big spring bounce sections or the auto-run sections, for reminders that Sonic is fast. It feels too dichotomous, not meshing together well. Slower platforming happened a solid chunk of the time in S3K, and Generations had an amount that left me wanting more, but from what has been shown there is too much in this one.

16. Retroman

Retroman

So what's so special about these editions?

17. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    It is jumping to conclusions when we have 36 acts on the entire game and we only have screenshots and videos of about 6 of them, that's less than 20% of the final game.

Also before this video Windy Hill looked quite slow, but this is awesome in 60fps.

So yeah.

18. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Pre-order DLC where the Deadly Six team up with bosses from the first NiGHTS, a new level, and a Wisp power-up.