don't click here

Sonic Generations technical oddities & flaws (Unpaid betatesting)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by ICEknight, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    You can press down to roll. You just can't hold down and expect Sonic to roll at the first opportunity, like how it should be.

2. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

What with analogue controls being most prominent nowadays, there should be a button that allows Sonic to roll. B makes him crouch if he's standing still, but if he's moving nothing happens. They should fix that so that he'll roll.

3. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    I like how there's a crouch button but it's completely useless unless you're perfectly still.

I was under the assumption that you could also use it while moving and could trigger rolling. That would have at least made up for holding down not being responsive.

4. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

I would imagine that they've not let him roll instantly to combat mistakes for people using the joysticks. That said, I played the demo and only used the PS3 d-pad. it felt right.

Also, PS3 is known to have darker contrast and stuff, saw it years ago when Gamespot did the PS3/Xbox difference series of shots. If you had the game on PS3, you wouldn't really notice any differences unless you constantly flicked channels between the two, and you'd probably have had your TV set up in your own perfect way anyway- I know I do for my Wii/MegaDrive/Gamecube etc. They all look fantastic.

The PS3 demo I played looked awesome, I didn't notice anything odd.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2021
  5. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    The PS3 version is not just darker, though. The textures are blurred too. It's a mess, quite frankly.

6. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    Hopefully a framerate cap won't happen, because they could go full asshole and tie the game speed into the framerate like they did with Heroes PC.

7. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    After too many playthroughs of Jungle Joyride, though, I actually think I prefer it that way, though. I think I slightly prefer the lag to a slideshow.

8. I didn't know there was a crouch button. But even if it does work if you're standing still, what purpose does that serve? Crouching does nothing except allow you to do the classic-style spindash, and if you're holding B, it seems like it would be more difficult to tap A than if you were just holding down.

Crouching and looking up need to shift the camera like they used to, even if that's pointless.

9. MasterHankHill

MasterHankHill

THIS.
    The PS3 has trouble with grass too. What a shame, many levels in Generations are green hills. Not to mention poor Planet Wisp wont look as good :(

10. aaronlong

aaronlong

cartoon guy Member
    Toronto, Canada
    Mostly non-Sonic-related, but I make cartoons.
    Everybody seemed to think the PS3 version looked amazing until they saw that the 360 version looked 0.5% better, now you guys are calling it "a mess" and a travesty and all this crap... Come on.

Having only played the PS3 version, I'm completely happy with it graphics-wise. The only difference that bugs me is the PS3 input lag people are talking about. That's a serious problem worth complaining about.

11. Yuzu

Yuzu

This, people are acting like the graphics are far more worse then they really are. I honestly don't give a crap if the textures are slightly blurred as long as it isn't as some ports I've seen in the past (one racing game my cousin owned had no lighting effects on the PS3 version at all, it looked terrible compared to the 360 version).

12. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Guys, this topic was made precisely for pointing out those things. Please, try to keep on topic.

13. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    No they didn't. Both here and on other forums, people were complaining about the PS3 version's image quality without the 360 version to compare it to.