don't click here

Sonic Generations technical oddities & flaws (Unpaid betatesting)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by ICEknight, Jun 23, 2011.

1. SomeSortOfRobot

SomeSortOfRobot

Mid-Southern US
    http://legendoflucy.com
    Adjust brightness.

Problem solved.

2. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    How does that fix the lower resolution? =P

3. Lapper

Lapper

Lappering Tech Member
    England
    Sonic Studio, Sonic Physics Guide, Kyle & Lucy, Freedom Planet 2
    Well then I'll just get the 360 version then, (Well, not demos, as no wifi) and later on a 1080p television for it (then we'll have 2).

4. What a disappointment SEGA, with many developers now actually using the PS3 hardware properly, you go and pull an Activision on us and stick some shitty outdated port engine on the PS3 which pretty much degrades the game. Considering the PS3 is my choice for these kind of games, and considering I also use a SEGA Saturn USB controller on the PS3 a good few times, this is just one hell of a let down!

5. PimpUigi

PimpUigi

------- Route Magician ------- Sonic CD Technician Member
    Eh, everyone should really concentrate on buying the PC version...it will either run at 60fps (optimistic/expected), or eventually have the capability (pessimistic).
    Not only that, but it will look better than the 360 and PS3 versions...and the PC can be hooked up to game controllers, wireless game controllers, and TV's of your choice.

I even have a Sega Genesis pad I can use on my PC thanks to adapters.
    So the best experience is certainly here on the PC.

6. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Oh don't worry I'll likely get both the 360 and PC version. How else would I get to enjoy the wonders of hacking?

7. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    Small problem: Classic Sonic should not use emerald music for 1ups. Since the title theme seems to be a Sonic 1 remix, do the same for the 1up music. On the flipside, modern Sonic absolutely SHOULD use it for consistency.

8. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

They have individual invincibility tracks, so individual 1-up tracks would be cool too. Not a huge issue though, I'm more bothered about them giving M.Sonic his own life icon.

9. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    If they gave the Werehog its own life icon in Unleashed (which I thought was a rather nice touch, regardless of whether or not he's still Sonic), then I practically expect them to give Modern Sonic his own in Generations. Especially since this time around, they're two separate entities, even though they're both Sonic. Though...if you had the Sonic Team logo life icon in play, it could pass for both.

Speaking of which, I'd almost rather them use that instead of what's there now-hey wait a minute guys.

What if Classic Sonic has the face icon like in the classic games, and Modern Sonic uses the ST icon like he has been in recent years?

10. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

That'd be weird. The HUD should remain consistent in a game.

11. Nova

Nova

Whoa, there. Not 'everyone' on Retro has a decent computer (not me, mine could run this very smoothly), not to mention your post has no point to it besides "LOL PC IS SUPERIOR GET IT ON PC". (I'm not even going to bring up the fact that we still don't have a confirmation it will even appear on PC, just a hint).

I'd rather not see this thread derailed and ruined by bitching about which system we should all get it on. Wait! Here's an idea! How about we all stop giving a fuck and get it on whichever system we like? Yeah, that sounds good.

12. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Regardless of whatever game console/system/machine/device we buy Generations for, SEGA gets money. This isn't 1991 anymore, we don't have to play the console elitist game. The nice thing about Sonic games nowadays is that just about anyone can play. The early 90s were great and all, especially in a "you had to have been there to get it" sense, but years down the road, I'd rather be able to play Sonic 3 on one of seven different consoles, than revert to the kid who had to orchestrate a sleepover at another kid's house to play Sonic 3, because an NES and SNES were already too much for one household.

I'd get it on PC, mostly to check out other people's mods and what not after it's released, but I highly doubt this laptop could run it. It's some three year old Dell piece of shit. I had an HP that ran almost nonstop during four years of college. That thing was a trooper, and this thing blows in comparison, even though it has more of these here gigs and gags and what not inside it.

13. Ell678

Ell678

Am I Annoying You? Member
    Barrow, England
    Sonic Incursion
    After just buying a new awesome computer, I am definitely buying the PC version, hooking it up to my TV, and enjoying it with a 360 controller. Also if it is capped at 30fps or a particular resolution...how long before that is hacked?

14. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Seconded... This topic is about stuff we've noticed in the demo, so SEGA could ideally have a quick glance at it to take notes, not about discussing the best version, personal preferences people would rather see, etc.

Please, try to stay on topic, guys. =\

15. MasterHankHill

MasterHankHill

Alright. I've fallen through that spiral as I ran down it in the demo a few times and I cant figure out why. Any thoughts?

16. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Spindashing into it causes you to fall through, and spin dashing and jumping before you reach it if going in backwards does the same.

17. MasterHankHill

MasterHankHill

then that answers my question! thanks a lot.
    anybody notice how easy it is to make the spin dash face different directions than just left/right?

18. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    I totally forgot about that. I assumed it was just a simple bug that Sega obviously knew about.

19. MasterHankHill

MasterHankHill

what pisses me off the most is spindash on slopes is broken.

20. Mad Echidna

Mad Echidna

Gone Oldbie
    The only comments I really have after playing the demo a couple days ago is that A, Classic Sonic feels like he's wearing slow shoes, it just doesn't feel natural at all to move him while walking or running, and B, can we please press down to roll?