don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    How is that preposterous? They even gave Sonic 4 Episode 1 an 8/10.

2. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    :psyduck:

I stand corrected, but still.

3. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Looks like we won't just get some dumb IGN preview this monday:
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=31136393&postcount=7350

EDIT: New Ocean Palace Seaside Hill screenshots:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    http://www.sonicstadium.org/2011/09/sonic-generations-new-seaside-hill-screenshots/

4. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    Hey, those bat badniks weren't in Heroes! BLASPHEMY!! :v:

Looking good. I was hoping that Senoue would've added some of Ocean Palace's musical bits in the new Seaside Hill mix a la Angel Island SSBB, but whatever.

5. "Hello,

We have received new release date information related to the order you placed on September 14 2011.

The items listed below will actually be dispatched sooner than we had originally expected based on the new release date:

"Sonic Generations - Collector's Edition (PS3)"
    Previous estimated arrival date: December 01 2011
    New estimated arrival date: November 04 2011

For more details, please visit the Your Account section of our web site"

It's not coming late after all! Hooray!

6. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I'm glad Sonic Team is taking more visual queues from Ocean Palace then Seaside Hill. I was worried we'd end up with GHZ 2, but it seems like this is going for a more Water Palace from Sonic Rush type look. It even has underwater segments and a classic Labyrinth water tunnel (speaking of which have those even been in a game since Sonic 3?)

Oh and the news embargo is being lifted? YES I want all the information now damnit. No more 3DS GHZ. I want Planet Wisp, Perfect Chaos boss battle, and I want to see classic Robotnik and Knuckles in action.

7. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    This looks fucking great, so glad I preordered this the other night.

8. Orengefox

Orengefox

Snooping as usual... Researcher
    Right in front of my computer.
    Some artwork, a ZZT game, and a hack.
    The pictures of Sonic Generations at GAMEfest 2011 are finally up folks :v:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Starting off is pictures of the venue including a card which gives you a brief description about the game.

[​IMG]

Next up is a picture of the cartridge that was used for Sonic Generations 3DS. For those of you who might not have seen something like this before, the structure of the 3DS Dev cartridge is very similar to this one [here] which is a NDS Dev cartridge. While on the subject of development stuff, Overlord and I were checking out the 3DS development units Config [Picture 1] [Picture 2] & Dev Menu [Picture 1] [Picture 2] programs.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Pictures of the rotating banner including its icon and the name of the 3DS program.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Pictures of the 3DS title screen, coming soon screen, levels etc.

[​IMG]

When Overlord was playing the classic Mushroom Hill Zone remake (3DS), he found one of the hidden areas where there should have been a giant ring except it's a bunch of rings [gutted].

[​IMG]

A modern Robotnik sign post in the Sonic Generations 3DS classic levels! What is this I don't even...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Title screen for Sonic Generations (XBOX 360) including the coming soon screen. I have a couple more shots of the title screen here as well [Picture 1] [Picture 2].

Finally, I was playing modern City Escape (XBOX 360) when all of the sudden the G.U.N. got stuck at the bit where it would use its rockets near the end of the level. I don't know how I manage to get it to do that but it was absolutely hilarious. Here are the two screen shots used in the video [Picture 1] [Picture 2] =P

Overlord and Jen pretty much covered everything else that happened. I thoroughly enjoyed both versions of Sonic Generations when all things considered. For those of you who would like to see the rest of the pictures I took of GAMEfest 2011 (which includes other pictures of Sonic Generations etc.), you can check them out [here].

9. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    TimmiT, didn't you or someone else preorder Generations for PC on Game UK? Have they said anything about the preorder?

10. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    So I've heard that the 360 CE is sold out on Amazon.co.uk. I am one lucky bastard.

11. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    I haven't pre-ordered any version of the game yet. (planning on pre-ordering the Collector's Edition for PS3)

12. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Certainly seems that way. They fixed the released dates and sent emails notifying people of this, but for a few days now they've not been taking orders for the 360 version. I wonder how limited the stock is? After, the rings are all numbered.

13. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    I preordered the PC version from Game UK. They sent me two emails, months ago.

On June 25th:
    On July 6th:
    No emails since then.

14. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Lol whut. That makes me wonder how much will the stories differ between both games.

15. minichapman

minichapman

I'd like to think I'll be imparting words of wisdo Member
    United Kingdom
    Staying sane.

I love you! Thanks for the update!

16. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.

Oh I see, thanks.

Seems strange that they woul-

Ok, Game UK, make up your fucking mind already :psyduck:

17. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    Sonic Classic Hybrid Project
    Now that's wrong as fuck!

18. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    I can't agree more! Why in the world would SEGA put Eggman on an Eggman signpost!?

Something tells me each game is going to emphasize on one specific Eggman more than the other, considering CEgg is on the signpost for Console Generations, yet 3D Generations has MEgg.

19. I just realized how much effort Sega is pushing with even the smallest of details...

20. Tichmall

Tichmall

J.League PK Party, a "penalty kick" minigame.
    And if you stand still during three minutes, does he go away and leave you with a nice GAME OVER like in Sonic CD ? :v:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.