don't click here

Sonic Generations Hacking (and More!)

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Andrew75, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Joe T.E.

Joe T.E.

All life form data, successfully copied! Member
    At my home in Florida
    Big the Cat in Sonic Generations, High-Res HUD for Sonic Lost World, Metal Sonic Lost World (Version 1.0,) Sonic Generations: Episode Metal (Version 3.0.)
    I was originally trying to change the original's red parts to black, and the original's black parts to yellow, but it ended up looking really shitty (see what I did there?)
    I'll try working on a better color scheme tomorrow (though I'll take note of any color scheme suggestions too.)

2. Iggy for Short

Iggy for Short

I'm not sure if it'd look any good, but when I tried inverting the colors on a picture of the Egg Dragoon, it had an interesting ice-blue and white color scheme going on...

Alternatively, have you considered simple swapping the red and black colors that it already has?

EDIT: Oh and for reference, here's what the invert looks like. Sorry about the weird quality, the huge image size combined with some compression issues sorta made it look like crap.
    [​IMG]

3. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    In the long run I don't think this matters much. Dario is doing an excellent job, and this guy is not. Whether or not he's using Dario's tools, the quality of his cameraless, broken-skybox'd output is shitty enough that I don't think people are gonna have trouble telling the difference. At worst, he's just throwing away his own time redoing what someone else has done, but not as well.

4. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    Um...I don't see what's so half-assed about it. Looks like a good start to me. I dunno about the "not using Dario's tools" part though.

5. Twilightzoney

Twilightzoney

Tech Member
    Elgin, IL And Hampshire
    Unleashed and Generations Stuff and Custom Works

It shouldn't really matter when I already got most of the DLC stages working anyways. I just have to fix up the layouts. I have them all imported and working fine they just need the layouts fixed for the most part. Nothing too drastic like what has been done for the main levels though. I was planning to finish these after we release the main stuff.

6. Iggy for Short

Iggy for Short

Mostly just the fact that he didn't fix up the Jungle Joyride's collision, cameras, and object replacement, along with Mazuri's skybox and 2D-spline. Maybe I'm being a nitpick, but when compared to the progress made by the Unleashed porting project already underway, it just seems really bad to me.

7. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    It depends on how far along he is. If these videos are meant to be finished work, then yeah it's terrible. If it's a proof-of-concept (to say "see, Dario's tools aren't necessary") or just an early WIP, it's not nearly so bad.

8. Twilightzoney

Twilightzoney

Tech Member
    Elgin, IL And Hampshire
    Unleashed and Generations Stuff and Custom Works
    Yeah I seriously doubt that since he is deciding to 'threaten' me when people were commenting on his video badly.

Besides the fact I haven't said anything beside "You are using Dario's tool" he gets all defensive and removes the comment. So I would say otherwise, this was bound to happen.

It doesn't really matter though either way. He is just impatient.

9. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    I noticed that the Sonic Spawn options gets reset every time a level is loaded in SonicGLVL. is there a chance someone will add options to the Sonic Spawn?

10. Dario FF

Dario FF

Tech Support Hotline Tech Member
    My tools have a "signature" so to speak. The moment he puts up a "download" for it, I can tell you with just looking at it if it's done using SonicGLvl. I have my doubts about the Jungle Joyride one since it's not technically needed, but the Mazuri one is done with SonicGLvl, I can tell.

Besides, are you seriously giving him cred when he's just basing off our own research from lots of months ago? Seems pointless. Don't give him the attention, and it won't be a problem.

I don't see the point of it anyway. The moment our mod releases, the tools will be public. Why be impatient and reinvent the wheel?

11. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    You guys have better tools than SonicGLVL?

12. Dario FF

Dario FF

SonicGLVL is still the editor, but I have others like the converter for all the Havok stuff. Animations, physics, it's all very accurate.

I guess this is what I get for making and researching something for free and then making some of the tools available. People turning on you and threatening for no reason. Just leave him alone, we don't want any drama.

13. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    Oh, okay then.

So then, about this.

14. Dario FF

Dario FF

I haven't experienced this. Mind describing a bit more how to reproduce it? What options are you talking about specifically?

15. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member

[​IMG]
    You cant' change these. If you open the stage in SonicGLVL after manually editing the sonc spawn, it will revert back to the changes in the picture.
    So far the only mode option I've found was "CrouchingStartFront". I believe the camera view names are the names of the cameras. Like "Front", "2D", "3D", etc.

In the stage.stg you have these options:
    Code (Text):
    1.     <Sonic>
    2.         <Yaw>-178.945</Yaw>
    3.         <DeadHeight>-3500</DeadHeight>
    4.         <CameraView>Forward</CameraView>
    5.         <Position>
    6.             <x>107.854</x>
    7.             <y>333.159</y>
    8.             <z>398.115</z>
    9.         </Position>
    10.         <Start>
    11.             <Mode>CrouchingStartFront</Mode>
    12.             <Speed>40</Speed>
    13.             <Time>1</Time>
    14.         </Start>
    15.     </Sonic>

16. Dario FF

Dario FF

Oh, that's just the silly bug since you can't edit the sub-tree elements with the GUI, and I haven't really fixed it yet because I tend to forget about it. You can work around it by editting the xml it is on (the <SonicSpawn> object itself), repacking the AR file, and then opening it in the editor. Editing Stage.stg.xml itself won't keep the values if you resave with the SpawnPoint as active.

17. Falk

Falk

https://soundcloud.com/falk-2/radical-train-modern

To: YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE

Re: GET CRACKIN'

18. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBzUJxWrOdo

Keep it up Joe! Loving this mod.

19. S0LV0

S0LV0

Sonic Generations Helpdesk Tech Member
    Spagonia
    Abusing SMPS
    Two things.

1) Stop making me feel so unaccomplished, Falk! ...I'll be a good musician someday, I promise. ;-;

2) Melpontro, if you don't intend to finish Radical Train, is there any chance I could try to do so instead? If not, get back on it!

EDIT: Also, new Planet Wisp progress vid. I'm not working on this anymore until Brooks Weiler has finished trying to crack the set data from Colors as that will save me a lot of time.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j96MS_ctJP0

20. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    KatamariParadox, think you can help me with a stage if you're not too busy? Later on that is.