don't click here

Sonic Dash, on iOS & Android

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Feb 26, 2013.

1. JRokujuushi

JRokujuushi

J64 Member
    It'll be nice to have other bosses besides Zazz, although it looks like this new boss will probably play fairly similarly.

2. Felik

Felik

Well that's a shame. Zazz was so lame because of his easiness. There was not a single time he've hit me with one of his stars. Also introduction and conclusion sequences were sooo long.

3. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Do you think they are updating the original Dash with Dash S's features?

4. SupaNeo

SupaNeo

Great Britain
    LSL Scripting
    Probably. I doubt there'd be a big enough change between Dash and Dash S to warrant a "sequel app" so to speak.

5. JRokujuushi

JRokujuushi

J64 Member
    Agreed, although there have been a few occasions when I encountered Zazz multiple times in one run, and sometimes the subsequent encounters were considerably more difficult. If all the encounters were like that he might be a legitimate threat, but I've only seen him go into hard mode a few times.

6. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

The further you've run, the more challenging Zazz become. Coming across him very late on proves to be manic and actually rather fun.

7. Conzuh

Conzuh

yeah yeah big nice Member
    Millennium Dreams
    So the new update is out (Version 1.10.0). Rouge is the prize for completing the global challenge, Eggman's the new boss and there are some new achievements for Silver. There's no story mode or menu changes like in the "S" app.

From what I've played so far, Eggman hasn't appeared yet and the Zazz boss is still present. The global challenge isn't available yet so I'm assuming both features will drop later.

In other news, my achievements still aren't syncing with Game Center!

8. Techokami

Techokami

For use only on NTSC Genesis systems Researcher
    HoleNet!
    Sonic Worlds Next
    I just ran into Eggman. Exactly the same as Zazz :(
    The music used is the Egg Hornet boss theme from Sonic Adventure 1.

9. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    My game crashes when it tries to load an ad. That's marvelous bug testing you're doing there, guys!

10. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    I can't even update it because LG Enact support isn't there. I had to intsall an older version on my own. I mean it runs fine but they could stand to increase the list of supported devices y'know?

11. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    To be honest, I'm absolutely sure they just work on iOS then lazily port to Android and let it go. The Android version has so many stupid bugs and chugs even on newer Android devices. Hardlight is just a dime-a-dozen garbage developer in my book since it almost feels like they don't test anything and just use the consumer as QA.

12. FlackoWeasel

FlackoWeasel

Blue cheese lover! Member
    Looks like Sonic Dash has fixed the Free spin glitch :D.

13. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Good thing I already abused it to unlock everything.

14. I never got it to work in my favor anyway.

I think the swipe glitch still works though. Lemme try that real quick.

EDIT: Oh no...they fixed that too. :.(

15. minichapman

minichapman

I'd like to think I'll be imparting words of wisdo Member
    United Kingdom
    Staying sane.
    You're welcome.

16. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    :v:

The grind is silly to unlock things in this game. Exploit saved a crap load of time.

17. JRokujuushi

JRokujuushi

J64 Member
    The exploit I found wasn't fixed (backup save.txt, spin the wheel, restore the backup if you're not happy with the outcome). It's a bit more tedious than the one that got fixed, but it still beats the grind.

EDIT: Looks like the bug I found (and subsequently reported a few days before Christmas) isn't fixed either. If you swipe down to land after using the fish to cross a gap, the camera angles down further than it should and stays that way until you reach another island or cross another gap using the fish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDAPDADZP44&t=15s
    (The good stuff starts about 15 seconds in, the first bit is just to show the app version and clear the weird compression issues caused by Android's built-in screen recorder. Also, I have no idea why the screen recorder speeds up the footage.)

18. I got that camera glitch, and I wondered why. Cool.

Also, awesome to hear about that exploit. I'll use it next time a character goes up for grabs. Speaking of which, I actually could spend my red rings on something. Has any character NOT gone up on the wheel? Curious if there's characters I shouldn't bother buying.

19. JRokujuushi

JRokujuushi

J64 Member
    I never saw Blaze on the wheel. She's the only character I paid for, the rest came through the wheel, except for Silver who came through the last global challenge.

20. Thanks!