don't click here

Sonic Dash, on iOS & Android

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Feb 26, 2013.

1. JRokujuushi

JRokujuushi

J64 Member
    I'd like it if there was something more to distinguish the characters, even if it was something as simple as playing different background music. (Any option to replace the default music would be nice, really.)

2. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    I'm kind of annoyed that the 200+ presents I got before the rest of the world reached the first checkpoint don't mean shit. Well kids, don't waste your time getting more than 50 per level.

3. JRokujuushi

JRokujuushi

J64 Member
    Aren't those extra presents counted toward the global side as well?

4. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Are they? Didn't think of that. I guess I figured it'd count as cheating.

5. JRokujuushi

JRokujuushi

J64 Member
    I don't know for sure, but it seems like kind of a dick move to me if they'd only allow each person playing to contribute 50 to the global side.

EDIT: So I went through the save file and found a few things of interest.

First is the setting called CharacterState. Mine is currently set to 111111000. My best guess is that each 1 is a character I've unlocked (Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Shadow, Blaze) while each 0 is still locked. One of them would obviously be Silver, but what about the others?

Next is the Global Challenge info. It keeps track of local points (points that count toward your progress), contributed points (points you've earned that count toward global progress), and global points. Right now, global points are a little over 40,000,000. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if that's the total for the current stage or for all stages. I'm also not sure if it takes the same amount to complete each stage. If it is the same amount for each and it's showing the total for all stages, it looks like it takes somewhere around 25,000,000 global points per stage.

6. Twilightzoney

Twilightzoney

Tech Member
    Elgin, IL And Hampshire
    Unleashed and Generations Stuff and Custom Works
    That would be

[​IMG]

7. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Just drop an e-mail to Hardlight I've told them my cellphone wasn't compatible and asked why as some inferior models are supported. They fixed it and explained why it happens:

8. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

I'd also suggest sending them a friendly message on Facebook. I sent them one earlier in the week regarding an issue with the iPhone version badgering me to sign into Facebook constantly, and they were quite nice to speak to. We couldn't solve the problem, but this was the last message I got from them:
    Friendly chaps!

9. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Cream and Rouge? Bleh. Should have gone with Metal Sonic and Classic Sonic or something. Also the characters they're releasing get worse each time it seems.

10. minichapman

minichapman

I'd like to think I'll be imparting words of wisdo Member
    United Kingdom
    Staying sane.
    Unlocked Knuckles today through the free spin. Well, several free spins by a certain menu trick. Also saw a video showing a way to play as certain locked characters by a select bug.

11. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    ...go on.

PM if you don't want to reveal it.

12. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Sonic Paradise Researcher
    Spain
    Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
    I would like to know that bug...my pirate copy ( that I have to use because Hardlight doesn't want my device to be able to download it from google play) loses all saves when updated, so I've lost the characters I legally unlocked before the first update. I would like to get them again without the pain of actually doing it. At least until I can download the game legally.

13. minichapman

minichapman

I'd like to think I'll be imparting words of wisdo Member
    United Kingdom
    Staying sane.
    The way I did it was on my Xperia Sp. When it comes to the free spin what I do is spin and press my home button before it properly stops. 9 times out of 10 you can predetermine what the arrow will land on by the time it's about to stop. When it stops quickly press the home button if you don't like the result. Rinse and repeat until you achieve the desired result.

Yesterday I unlocked Knuckles and today got 22'000 rings. Depending on how lucky you are it can take several attempts. Today took me about 30.

I think what it is is the system doesn't save when you are taking the free spin and doesn't save until you accept the prize. I also tried a spin by paying 5 red coins but the trick didn't work.

If anyone knows a way of recording a video from an Android without rooting the device then I can show you.

EDIT:

The character select glitch has a handful of videos which only seem to have whiny kids.

[youtube] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfD8q94KPwU&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/youtube]

14. JRokujuushi

JRokujuushi

J64 Member
    Darn, that character select trick does nothing for me. I already have all six of those characters unlocked.

In other news, the global challenge made it to stage 3, and it looks like the official total to complete a stage is around 26,000,000 global points.

15. FlackoWeasel

FlackoWeasel

Blue cheese lover! Member
    The character trickbdid work for me

16. JcFerggy

JcFerggy

Do you want to taco 'bout it? Member
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    GoldenEye: Source, Other Stuff
    According to the Sonic Facebook page, a few more phones are supported.

Motorola Razr D1/D3
    Motorola Droid Razr M/HD/MAXX/XT910
    Motorola Atrix HD

Also, we are on the final stretch of the community challenge now with 3 days to go, so it is very likely that we will unlock Silver.

17. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Sonic Paradise Researcher
    Spain
    Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
    My phone is also supported now. It's a Samsung Galaxy S Advance

18. Phredreeke

Phredreeke

Oldbie
    Silver unlocked last night :p

19. FlackoWeasel

FlackoWeasel

Blue cheese lover! Member
    Fuck that daily spin!! Done prob over 60 times and cannot get the jackpot version. The arrow can be a really huge dick sometimes. When it slowly slides over the buttons on sides, then it doesn't jump in the last millisecond to another button BUUT WHEN you want the Jackpot one, then it ALWAYS has to slide in the last milliseconds. FUCK :argh:

20. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Got the Amy jackpot after 4 tries :)