don't click here

Sonic Colours out for Wii/DS

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, May 26, 2010.

1. That was the greatest thing I have seen this week.

2. The KKM

The KKM

Welcome to the nExt level Member
    Portugal
    IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog comic books
    4.5 cake, brilliant. Also the AiAi in the end xD

3. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    That is exactly what every video shot by Sonic Retro inside Sega would be like, including the adventures of Scarred Sun looking for the fabled Sega Room where all the old merchandise and stuff are stored.

And I guess something about Tweaker and Team Megamix doing a hostile takeover of Sonic Team set to Michael Jackson's Billie Jean.

Real talk.

4. Felik

Felik

They should have made a Tails hat for Aaron :colbert:

5. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Oh Sega of America. It seems that they love the series so much. Let them develop the Sonic games already for christ sakes.

6. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    Indiana jones style, hat and whip, traps from sega

7. Ritz

Ritz

Subhedgehog Member
    Midget in the Aiai suit made that video. Why do they even have an Aiai suit? Where can I get one?

8. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
  9. Slingerland

Slingerland

Oldbie
    Hechoeg Frat
    Sonic Mania
    This. This. A thousand times THIS.

10. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    Oh gosh, there's such a thing? That'd be awesome/

11. Greg the Cat

Greg the Cat

I'm gonna draw it! Banned
    A Zone Unknown of Title
    Comics from the Mind of Yours Truly, A little workshop of animation, Sonic FreeRunner
    It does seem a lot like the American or English speaking people care more about the franchise, eh? I mean look at most of the tech members on this site for an example of those types of dedicated fans and inspired artists.

That video was pure gold. What good sports indeed. What I would give to hang out with these guys. They're real fun.

12. Slingerland

Slingerland

Oldbie
    Hechoeg Frat
    Sonic Mania
    Most definitely. Sonic is more popular in the west than he is in Japan. Infinitely more popular. They should bring development back over here.

13. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Since SA2, which Sonic games were developed outside of Japan? I can think of some collections, the Sumo Digital games, the Rivalses and Chronicles. Anything in the main series?

14. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    Was Heroes made in Japan or wasn't it made in Sonic Team USA?

15. Dude

Dude

Tech Member
    Southbridge, MA
    Random VR/AR trash

You know if you got enough people here to get together in real life and build a high-quality sonic game demo, saved up a bunch of starting capital and pitched the idea to the guys at Sega of America, you just might get that. Why do you think I've been working on a sonic engine for the Wii?

16. Frozen Nitrogen

Frozen Nitrogen

Wouldn't the door have been easier? Wiki Sysop
    Sirry gajin.
    Sonniku big cash cow! Needed for bring much honour to head office!

17. SteelBrush

SteelBrush

603e Member
    the home of spotted dick, Devon
    Tramadol, Tamazepam and finding a reason to exist.
    Nah, if were talking Japanese honour, it's because SoJ don't want to admit defeat, letting SoA take over Sonic would be surrender, we all know what happens the generals of the office then.

18. Dude

Dude

Tech Member
    Southbridge, MA
    Random VR/AR trash
    I don't think Sega of America needs to take over sonic, I just think they deserve their own fork of the franchise to do whatever with. keep japanese sonic and western sonic separate.

19. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    Let Sega of America develop Sonic games in the classic style, with nostalgic throwbacks galore and classic gameplay and art design. It's pretty obvious that the western division of Sega really cares about that version of Sonic, and that it's no surprise considering that Sega Technical Institute created S2 and S3K, while also having the western market globalize Sonic as such a timelessly popular video gaming icon.

Sonic Team still sits in Japan and continues to make theatrical and grand-scale, hyperspeed Sonic games with the more modern designs, environments and characters. With their heart in the right place (like it was with Colors), this can hardly go wrong.

Everyone wins. :eng101:

20. Seems like they didn't put a lot of effort into the box and manual for this game. There's a typo on the back of the box (of the Wii version, anyway) and the manual has several errors in it.