don't click here

Sonic Classic Heroes

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by flamewing, Nov 2, 2010.

1. FeliciaVal

FeliciaVal

Spain
    Awesome, awesome!!! First thank you very much for using my sprites, it means a lot to me! second, I love the work you did with the logo and everything, with all the implementations and bugfixes this is going to be wonderful! I can't wait to play it :D

PS: If you need more help with sprites or art, just drop me a message and I'll do them for you :)

2. flamewing

flamewing

Emerald Hunter Tech Member
    France
    Sonic Classic Heroes; Sonic 2 Special Stage Editor; Sonic 3&K Heroes (on hold)
    Here, see for yourself:

3. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Fighting against the Unitary State of Europe
    That's really good flamewing. It came out better than I thought it would.

4. FeliciaVal

FeliciaVal

Spain
    HOLY FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
    THAT'S TERRIBLY AWESOME!!!
    It gave me chills, seriously :'D Im so happy it looks so good! woah I feel proud of myself for once XD and thanks again for using my sprites! :D

5. Icewarrior

Icewarrior

I'm a member of S.T.A.R.S !!11!!!1!! Member
    It's looking way better than I thought in mention. Knuckles could use a very few edits but anyway, it's quite awesome as it is.

6. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    Knuckles doesn't seem to transition as smoothly as the others.

7. FeliciaVal

FeliciaVal

Spain
    sorry about that, it was my first time doing an animation like that, but I did my best

8. flamewing

flamewing

France
    Most of it is YouTube butchering the transition, but it was too short anyway; tweaking the duration of the second frame (from 1 to 3 frames in length) produces a much smoother transition, which I will be using from now on.

9. FeliciaVal

FeliciaVal

Spain
    or maybe it was my fault for not drawing the animation correctly, im not sure :( if needed, I'll try to edit the sprites for making them to look better

10. flamewing

flamewing

France
    If you want to go that route (and time allows and if your eye is better), I would be very thankful; I have VRAM to spare anyways. The animation would need 2, maybe 3, additional frames between the first 3 frames, as follows:
    [​IMG]

11. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Wow that looks a lot better in motion than I thought it would. Anyway to sort of move the Heroes part of the logo up a bit more? Seems to be too much yellow space in better the banner and the Heroes part

12. FeliciaVal

FeliciaVal

Spain
    ok, I'll try to figure somehing out soon

13. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    I think it's mainly the first frame that needs editing. I'm on my phone so I can't provide examples, but rather than having him come up looking over his shoulder, Knuckles should come up already in the direction of the player but facing down. The second frame should take care of the transition of him pointing his head in the ear.

14. FeliciaVal

FeliciaVal

Spain
    [​IMG]

I hope it looks fine this way, I added 2 more frames as flamewing suggested, hope you like!

PS: if someone finds something wrong, feel free to modify it. The more help we can get, the better :3

15. I for one love the updated Start Screen, very few hacks bother to edit this at all when changing or adding characters!!

And it looks plenty smooth enough for animation, sure improvements can be made, but there's always room for improvements in EVERYTHING! Things'll never get done if your constantly nickpicking it...

I'm amazed that you managed to keep the file size vertially identical to the origonal game as well, this game runs flawlessly on my DSi flashcart. ^_^

16. I stand corrected. You have my compliments. :)

17. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

Original, No substitute Resident Jester
    Japan
    It's the perfect time for me to get this out for hardware play!

The title screen looks cool too, I won't bother going into deap critique. looks like others have already done so.

18. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    How about using existant sprites like these?
    [​IMG]

Or these?
    [​IMG]

19. flamewing

flamewing

France
    If what you linked to works anything like the '4-way play' option in Regen or Kega Fusion, then it sadly won't work at all (it sort of works on Regen, but not at all in Kega Fusion); the 4-way play doesn't seem to work with the SEGA multitap protocol (see this for info on the protocol and on some of the supported multitaps), and I can't seem to find any documentation on it online. The 'teamplayer' option in Regen, Gens and Kega Fusion works, though.

20. Ryuki

Ryuki

Hey, I noticed you guys left the Knuckles title sprites open to some tweaking?

I'm not sure if what I've done is to your liking, but I can only hope.

I've only managed to work on the first frame as of now, (Still not happy with it myself, but I have a job interview in about 6 hours and I could do with some sleep) but if you like what you see I would love to work on the others.

If not, I'll happily curl into a corner and proceed to leave the sprites alone.

[​IMG]
    http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/6885/lolknux2.png