don't click here

Sonic and the Black Knight

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, Jul 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    It can be a pain in the arse to stop though. The point is, ending up againts a wall in a building where 2 enemies are behind you should not be a recepie for the game to be over.l

2. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    What bugs me most about secret rings are the reviewers saying that SatSR is somehow more like the Genesis Classics. It made me realize that I think one of the causes of these terrible games is caused by Sega pandering to what it thinks it's audience wants, because of revieweres somehow thinking a game with countless death pits, intentionally sloppy controls, and a silly premis (Lets put Sonic, one of the biggest free spirits, on rails(?)) is more like the genesis games then, say, Sonic Adventure.
    Wooo!, quote pyramid

3. The Seeker

The Seeker

I don't see why people are beating on this game, along with Sonic Unleashed and Sonic Chronicles. They all have the potential to be good games, just like all of the Sonic the Hedgehog games did.
    And the only one that actually did go bad was Sonic 2006.
    And another thing, they didn't even come out yet! If you keep saying they're bad and you don't buy them, you could be missing out on a great game!

4. DistroyA

DistroyA

I WOD LICK A SONIC 2 ROMS Member
    Nottinghamshire, UK
    My own artwork
    That is true, but it'd be better to try it out in demo form or on a friend's copy of the game. But yeah, I agree with what you're saying there.

Although, I don't like the idea of Sonic in an RPG or in a slash 'em up, but that's just me.

5. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    If they come out bad after we say they're bad, we lose nothing.

If they come out good after we say they're bad, we lose nothing.

Basically, stop giving a shit about what we say. We rather just assume the worst now then go "GOD DAMN IT!" later.

6. GHNeko

GHNeko

sega stockholm syndrome Member
    Low Standards mean that when the actual thing is good. We'll be BLOWN away.

:awe:

7. The Seeker

The Seeker

Yeah, but if everyone thinks it's gonna be terrible, people won't bother buying! I'm not saying that everyone it like that, but a good amount of people are like that.

8. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    We still have high standards. They're just so high that we won't even give this game a glance unless everyone and Jesus says it's honestly good. And then we'll try it out and trash it. Sort of like what happened to Secret Rings.

Oh please, a majority of you faggots will buy it day one. If it's anyone fault why nobody will buy another Sonic game it's SEGA for releasing shit after shit.

9. Vincent

Vincent

Sonic 2HD - Project Leader & Chara Member
    Sonic 2 HD
    And there's more:

The below mediocrity Sonic and the Secret Rings, acclaimed by reviewers to be "the return of the franchise"is the last new gen Sonic game I played (obviously skipping Shadow, Riders) and I'll ever play.

And this mediocre game earned a Total of 1.71m sales.

I honestly wish SEGA to rest forever out of game market, they have dragged all their best franchise into this.

10. Tenniru

Tenniru

Duty Now For The Future Oldbie
    I maintain that Shadow gets way more flack than it should. I have it on the Gamecube: the controls are solid, the shooting works perfectly for a Sonic environment, the camera is fine, and there's just a perfect mix of speed and shooting. A Sonic game it isn't, but they tried and were able to pull off a well-designed game. I'd say it was much better than Heroes, and leaps and bounds ahead of its successor (2k6).

11. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie

The only version of Shadow that sucks is the PS2, 'nuff said

12. Quexinos

Quexinos

Since 1997 Oldbie
    Good, Sega needs to learn.

13. Kogen

Kogen

Derp Banned
    Bouvet Island
    Last Party on the Moon
    4/10, perfect game. High class quality, thank you Iizuka. Anyone who does not like this game is a h8r and not a tru Sonic phan.

Also the only reason Black Knight has Sonic in it is because Sonic sells no matter what. It was likely just some regular sword game, then they decided to slap Sonic onto it to make it sell over a million.

14. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    I still maintain the idea was better off creatively as Phantasy Star V or something. But what do I know... creativity apparently doesn't sell.

15. Kogen

Kogen

Derp Banned
    Bouvet Island
    Last Party on the Moon
    Yeah, exactly. I do not even like Phantasy Star much, but I know it is a quality and unique product.

16. Endgame

Endgame

Formerly The Growler Member
  17. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.
    Uhhh... That's secret rings.

18. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Why look a contest:

http://www.sega.com/sonicblackknight/contest/us/

Basically what you have to do is draw something awesome and then submit it to Sega and they'll pick 20 drawings and whoever's drawing was chosen gets a free copy of the game. I'm entering this contest, as even if this game is awful, if it's free I don't give a shit as I can only receive profit this way :D

You have to live in the US though, sorry. Also the deadline is September 19th.

19. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    That Bridge Zone picture someone drew on this forum would be a shoe-in for victory. That and the Sonic vs. Robotnik sign post fight.

20. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    I'm doin' it. Good luck to those who are entering. Too bad I can't enter that other Sonic "fanart' I did.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.