don't click here

SEGA 3D Classics Coming to 3DS

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by RGamer2009, Jul 18, 2013.

1. Vangar

Vangar

Well I'm sick of waiting for these titles to appear in Australia. I'm picking up a Japanese 3DS tomorrow and going to get all these goodies finally :specialed:

2. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    Did anyone else enter the sweatshirt giveaways SoA was doing on their blog for each 3D Classic?

Because I just won one. I've never won anything in a draw before. :')

3. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Enjoy it! I have one and it's my absolute favorite piece of clothing.

I didn't enter. I have the hookups. :ssh:

4. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

It intrigues me what might be done with Sonic 2 since, as mentioned Taxman and Stealth really raised expectancies. Likely not much, though adding Tails' flight or 'lock on mode' with Knuckles would be nice at least.

I'd like to see 3D Mean Bean Machine or Puyo Puyo at some point. Come on, it would be nice to have another good portable version here in the west. Stick in the 8 bit's Nazo Puyo Mode as a new feature and you have a perfect puzzler.

5. I'd like to see more Puyo Puyo in general. Pretty pissed off that their latest game PPTetris didn't get a US release considering everyone and their grandmother knows what tetris is. Would probably be more fun than that Tetris game that's out there now on the e-Shop by Ubisoft at least

6. That M2 SoR2 Crazy Credits ending is fantastic. A great treat for fans. I'm surprised SEGA let M2 get away with that kinda stuff with their IP but hey, I'm happy for it.

I picked up the first SoR off the eShop, I should really do the same for the second. But I also want the Outrun game too.

7. FlashTHD

FlashTHD

Oldbie
    Have any of the nerds around these parts done a comparison of the audio quality in the Genesis 3D classics vs. the actual hardware/kega fusion? I know Sonic 1 and SoR1 had it bad (the first notes of SoR1's intro made me cringe internally) and M2 claim to have improved the emulation in later releases...

8. Chaos Rush

Chaos Rush

AKA J.Matz Member
    So I'm not too knowledgable on Sonic 3's legal issues but I am aware that they exist, but I'll have to ask this question anyway:

So with M2 releasing 3D conversions of Sonic 1 and Sonic 2 for 3DS, what are the chances of them doing Sonic 3 & Knuckles? I'm assuming zero; or at least the impression I got from Stealth's latest update on the status of the Sonic 3 mobile remaster was that SEGA is pretending that the game does not exist, regardless of whether it will be a remake (like the mobile remaster) or an emulation/port-thing (like the M2 3D Classics releases). Could someone more knowledgable on Sonic 3's legal issues tell their opinion on the possibility of M2 converting Sonic 3 & Knuckles for 3DS?

9. Rosie

Rosie

aka Rosie Member
    Well very few people really know what's going on with Sonic 3, and there's always the possibility that all anyone at SEGA knows at this point is that there might be legal issues and they don't want to get involved.

If the 'emulation being fine' thing actually holds up, since M2's Gigadrive is a souped up Mega Drive emulator capable of playing standard Mega Drive ROMs, I suppose it would be a possibility, but it seems highly unlikely.

Essentially, I would say: "Better than the chances of Taxman and Stealth doing it, but still highly unlikely."

10. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    When you consider that their Sonic 1 and 2 releases are not just an emulator with new features, but modified rom images, the "emulation is fine" thing doesn't hold up at all; that would qualify it as a new version rather than a rerelease of an old version.

11. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    I'd settle for just Sonic & Knuckles at this point.

12. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
    So SOR2 was supposed to come out on the 16th, but it's been delayed a week for a "Global Release" :rolleyes:

13. NoNameAtAll

NoNameAtAll

MY HAT'S ON FIRE. HALP! Moderator
    So, a trailer for 3D Sonic 2 is up. I know that's Sonic and not Sega related, but seeing as this is the 3D Classics topic for Sega, it's worth linking at least.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kw6C3ZbA6Yo

It was posted to the Japan eShop. Dunno what to think at this stage.

EDIT: Siliconera has more information about an added mode. It's...really nothing to cheer over.

14. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    Pointing out the obvious, but it looks identical to the original. That's a shame, I was hoping they'd spruce up 2-player mode and the special stages somehow at the very least.

15. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I'll stick with Taxman and Stealth's iOS version thanks.

16. Icewarrior

Icewarrior

I'm a member of S.T.A.R.S !!11!!!1!! Member
    The only thing I expected from it is the inclusion of Knuckles since Knuckles & Sonic 2 is actually an official SEGA version.
    I'm disappointed.

17. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

I don't get why they're so stingy with the Sonic games in particular. I mean they were willing to give people the SEGA Ages version of Fantasy Zone 2, why do they dread tweaking anything of the original Sonic 2 or even just keeping changes from previous versions?

18. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    I think it's harder for them to modify the Genesis games, for whatever reason.

19. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Whew boy, the remasters sure did spoil me with the enhanced audio. That trailer was a bit hard to listen to.

20. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
    Yeaaaah, this is rather disappointing. Apparently Sonic 2 is too difficult and needs a mode where getting hit doesn't have so many consequences. Also, encoding the video at 30fps really makes it look amateurish. Also also, I had to defend the honor of the mobile ports earlier today.