don't click here

SA1 Comes to XBLA & PSN.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Lanzer, Jan 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    I have, sure, but I wasn't sure if they kept hybrid colors in since I rarely ever breed chao. I usually just raise one and make it all powerful, possibly ascend it to God Chao level.

2. 0r4ng3

0r4ng3

I tip my hat for all of those that have the patience to breed Chao.

3. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    THe whole concept of breeding and leveling up chao was much better when a VMU was in use, half of the time my chao would be in my pocket waiting for food or fighting friends, was so much better then constantly finding and giving animals to it (this is DC sonic adv, no fruit machine) and what was also cool is when the chao was on the vmu playing chao adventure you could find rares, without all this the chao garden is a shell of it's former glory.

4. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    The GBA at least had a portable outlet too for gardens and, arguably, had some small extras of its own.

Right now, though, raising chao is unbearably annoying. I'm getting tired of running into Emerald Coast, Twinkle Park and Speed Highway to get animals then using Knuckles with a thunder shield to grind rings in Station Square. It's that same forced tedium that's making me hate modern RPGs with a passion.

5. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    question, are the chao gardens actually the DC ones, or the DX ones before the "Upgrade"?

the DC ones have deeper water in the Eggcarrier garden, smaller area in the hotell garden, and lower ground in the Mystic ruins garden.

6. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    They're always the DX ones.

7. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    If you have another version, you're best-off spending it on something else.

8. Nix

Nix

"Watch out! It's that one guy!" Member
    Well I finally beat it and got 10 hours worth of game time in for Sonic's shoes. I wasn't the greatest thing in the world, but it was fun until I got to Big and I say it's worth $10. Plus the game comes with the comedy that is this game's cutscenes, they're so bad they're hysterical.

The shoes and shirt alone made it worth it for me really. They look nice with my S&SASR beanie.

9. evilhamwizard

evilhamwizard

Researcher
    I agree. Even though it's a pretty shoddy port (they all were, face it), at least they didn't remove anything from the main game that wouldn't be worth the time spent. For $10, it's a pretty good deal for a decent port of the game. Can't say the same for the $5 DLC though...

Glad I finally beat the game 100% since yesterday, with DLC. Mission 53 was the worst thing ever, augh.

10. 0r4ng3

0r4ng3

Mission 7 is my personal favourite. Hate the rest, especially 53.

11. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    I honestly don't understand how people have trouble with 53.

12. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    For those with the game, what are the Achievement Icons like? I'm assuming they're just generic pictures of the character or item associated with each achievement?

Just something I'm curious about, since all of the sites I've seen still display the "?" block when I look at the images, no matter what.

13. Clutch

Clutch

It was a dark and stormy night... Member
    Mission 54 is the only one that stands out in my memory as being a massive pain to complete. Screw that one.

14. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Yeah just keep an eye out on here:
    http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/so...t/achievements/

They will adventually show up.

15. Sappharad

Sappharad

Oldbie
    I didn't see this mentioned, so I thought I'd confirm that the timed unlockables are also in the PSN version.

I got the T-Shirt today, which is added to your wardrobe the next time you sign into Home. I think it took less than 10 minutes of wandering around before someone asked me where I got it. (I haven't signed into Home in over a year, so I was checking out some of the new areas they added.)

16. Shade

Shade

Can someone confirm if custom soundtracks/music playback is enabled for the PSN version?

17. Yash

Yash

CHOCOLATE! Member
    [​IMG]

Yeaaaaaah boy.

18. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    It is not.

Damn shame because the snowboard music is driving me mad because of Mission 53.

19. Provisional

Provisional

Yeah, doing the intended method of raising Chao feels like dying.

If by any chance you don't know, there's a bug where you can level-grind Chaos by reusing one animal non-stop.

The video demonstrates the bug in SA2:B but it works for other versions too, in fact, I found it much easier in DX then in SA2:B. But maybe the 2010 version has the bug fixed?

Reply to JaxTH below: Then 'yaaay!'

20. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    No, the bug is still there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.