don't click here

SA1 Comes to XBLA & PSN.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Lanzer, Jan 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    I have noticed a problem in the 360 port...

Sometimes at the end of cut scenes the screen will freeze for a few seconds before going back to gameplay. You can still jump around, but the screen doesn't update itself for a 2 or 3 seconds.

Besides that, everything seems to be as I remember it. I'm having a lot of fun playing this again after so many years. I forgot how good all the music is.

2. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    SA is still a great game most of the time but this lazy port just makes me really not want to own it until it's reduced, plus I have my DC so :P

If they only made the resolution full 720p screen filling I would own it already, it's the worst thing they could do with this port.

3. StephenUK

StephenUK

Liquor in the front, poker in the rear Tech Member
    Manchester, UK
    Quackshot Disassembly
    PS3 has that as well, especially if you try to skip the cutscene.

4. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    I'll just wait for that port of nullDC to the PS3 to be finished. I don't give a shit about the extra "DX" content, and there's no way in hell I'm paying for this PS3 version based on what folks have been saying.

5. I know this seems highly impractical but would it be possible for someone to hack the PC version of SADX to allow online trading/racing of Chao?

Thats what I wanted the most out of this port...and I didn't get it. :(

6. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    Well, I just today finished up the story mode, on the 360 version. It's about as okay as a lazy port ever gets. The sad thing is that I'm an Achievement whore, and thus will undoubtedly fall to the temptation to endure all of the Action Stage missions and Chao Races... AGAIN. D=

But really, the only worthwhile addition is the Leaderboard. The port lacks widescreen, doesn't clean up any of the technical issues at all, and why the hell would the DX content be worth making a DLC? It's too bad—if they'd done it right, this could have been The Definitive Version. Fuck it all.

7. Lord Nero

Lord Nero

Resident Nintendo Hater. Member
    Claymont, DE.
    Let's Plays, Work and Animation.
    I just downloaded the PS3 version last night (finally got Ethernet working on it again), and can honestly say I've encountered NONE of these complaints. Loadtimes are near instant, hub worlds don't sound like scratched CD's, and everything else is just like I remember it from back when (camera, ect.). I've clipped through a wall twice during my playthrough of Sonic's story, in Emerald Coast (right before the whale scene) and I believe in Lost World (but id get that on the original DC version too). Only complaints really is the controls are a tad loose and the Egg Viper boss battle can be a little glitchey, outside of that, no problems.

8. Lyrica

Lyrica

(Formerly: Donnyku) Oldbie
    Pennsylvania
    Wedding Planning

yeah after playing through the game on the PS3 the only flaws I had were with the Egg Viper battle.

9. Shade

Shade

So far this is a perfectly solid, and dare I say marginally improved, port of DX. I don't see what the problem is, aside from them being lazy about not supporting 16:9.

10. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    Part of the problem is selling DX's striped content as an upgrade.

11. Sappharad

Sappharad

Oldbie
    I replied to you 3 pages ago confirming that the PS3 version is fine for me. Performance is no different than the PC version, just with black screens sometimes in places where loading kept the previous screen in the DC and GCN versions.

12. Finally bought it. I dig it. No real complaints here.

13. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    The main problem I've been having has been camera issues. It seems even bitchier than before. Otherwise, music and load times haven't been as intolerable as Stephen puts it.

Still not looking forward to raising a chao. Hate the bloody things. They're the last five emblems I need for 130 and unarguably the most boring part of the game.

14. StephenUK

StephenUK

Liquor in the front, poker in the rear Tech Member
    Manchester, UK
    Quackshot Disassembly
    In that case, it's either sounding like an EU problem (unlikely) or my HDD might be about to die, or the game was installed over some bad sectors resulting in the problems I'm getting. Unfortunately I don't think theres a way to directly repair a HDD on the PS3 other than a full reformat, and I'm not doing that. Last thing I want to be doing is downloading and reinstalling 160GB of games, fuck that. I suppose that's what I get for turning my PS3 off without shutting it down properly.

15. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    I'm looking least forward to Big's B and A ranks, if anything. I usually go straight to the spot where Froggy is and reel him in. My time in Big's levels is usually under a minute.

16. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    Well, um... what better time to get a shiny new 500GB HDD from Newegg? :v:

17. Volpino

Volpino

Things are looking up! Member
    A secret. >:3
    This might be unrelated, but which versions of PS3 does everyone own? If you're not having problems, do you own a Slim or the older, bulkier one that can run PS2 games?

I ask because I bought an old PS1 game from the store and it's laggy as hell for me, and when I asked about it somewhere, I was told it was because I owned an older PS3, and that some bigger games will lag. (It is a pretty big game for a PS1 title.)

Edit: Disregard please. I found the answer elsewhere.

18. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    So I just got 1600 Points as a surprise gift, I'm thinking about getting this now. But I've been playing the DC version recently, too. :/

19. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    I wonder if mix breeding colored chao still makes hybrid colors.

I'm raising three right now: silver, gold and black. It would be nice to make a sinspawn using all three.

20. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    You've never raised chao before? :p

Yes, it will come out with mixed colors.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.