don't click here

“New Project for Sonic”?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by SpaceyBat, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Dario FF

Dario FF

Tech Support Hotline Tech Member
    Which is banned for a reason, and I don't think we should be discussing the news they report by simply not naming them(which is just calling them another name)... And this rumour is one of the best examples.

2. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    ^Well despite the site's reputation, these links actually are registered and linked to something. At the very least there is some evidence this time around for what they're saying.

Seems as of late they care more about the series quality. Even though Sonic 4 Ep 2 was not up to snuff, it was still an improvement over Ep 1 (of course they had to keep some stuff for consistency, it's a stupid game model to use anyways). If we got an Adventure 3, I'd assume it'd be pretty good.

3. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    SonicColours.com:

SonicGenerations.com:
    Spot the common themes here? Now, let's look at the deluded fantasy that is SonicAdventure3.com:

Note how it is nothing like the last two. Hell, a quick Google of some of the details show absolutely nothing to do with Sega, only a Go Kart site and the mindless speculation over this story.

tl;dr - deluded Adventure 3 wishers desperately hoping their franchise-reputation-destroying-game gets made.

It's not happening, get over it.

4. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Part of the recent hope lately is probably simply that there is not a damn thing to talk about in the world of Sonic right now. We have a kart racer, and a port (which they have barely even recognized, saved for a "LOL YA GOT US AGAIN" trailer at Sonic Boom), and that's all we know. There is no next Sonic game or Generations DLC to fantasize about, so we're reduced to this.

God only knows what the hell they're making over there. Only two tin hat theories we got are Sonic Dimensions and this, and there is like a 99% chance that they're both a load of bull.

Of course part of this is probably for the best. Having too many games on the plate at one time makes em seem like they're rushing them or something. At the same time though, they're definitely doing something, and the Colors team has been quiet since Colors came out. What could they be doing I wonder.

5. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    100% debunked for Dimensions, Iizuka kicked that one out.

6. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    You know, SA2 coming out on XBLA/PSN makes sense now.

It's possible SEGA wised up and registered these domains from a different source to avoid suspicion, but fans have been registering domains like this for their own projects or hoaxes for years.

The question is, do we even want SA3? They're not going to make it anything like the first two, they'll go the Colors/Generations route because it's their most successful formula right now. Anyone hoping for a solid 3d platformer will be disappointed.

7. Overlord

Overlord

Long-term happiness
    Why would Sega register from France? Why would Sega see a need to register a domain anonymously? Why would it have been done 3 months ago but only NOW become a thing?

I can 100% guarantee you that Sega did not register this domain - it is just as fake as "Dimensions" is.

8. Joltanz Mantis

Joltanz Mantis

! Member
    Quebec, Canada
    I sing
    They'll go the Generations route, since it and Colours are two different beasts. Generations was a solid 3D platformer if you got rid of the useless 2D.

9. Ell678

Ell678

Am I Annoying You? Member
    Barrow, England
    Sonic Incursion
    While I feel both games were great, the 2D was certainly not "useless". It was refreshing to see in Unleashed, got better in Colours, improved in Generations. It's good to mix it up a little.

10. Joltanz Mantis

Joltanz Mantis

! Member
    Quebec, Canada
    I sing
    Refreshing in Unleashed, everywhere in Colours, and redundant with Classic Sonic in Generations. Since they can now do decent 3D platforming, I find the 2D boring, since it's not as good as the original trilogy.

11. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    We just had two great Sonic titles in two years - and by the way, the Colors and Generations teams had a lot of overlap. I think they deserve a year off from releasing titles.

12. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    I doubt they'll get one now that Sega is only bringing four franchises to the west.

13. Ayu Tsukimiya

Ayu Tsukimiya

UGUU~ Member
    I don't care what they call the next game.

I just want to chao gardens brought back.

14. Overlord

Overlord

Long-term happiness
    You know what I'd like? Sega to bring out some Tamagotchi clone simply so everyone asking for the complete-opposite-of-Sonic-gameplay Chao Gardens will finally stop going on about it.

15. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    Tamagotchi clone? No thanks.

Nintendogs clone? Yes. God yes. The Chao Garden is perfect for portables. Just make another portable Sonic game, and put a Tiny Chao Garden in it. Or make a standalone, downloadable Chao Garden game.

Hasn't someone figured out all the algorithms and equations that make the Chao Garden work by now? Minus the AI, of course, but you'd think that a fan would've faithfully recreated it by now...

16. JaredAFX

JaredAFX

You telling me a shrimp fried this rice? Member
    Florida
    Downloading megahertz
    No. Just no. I can see you didn't grow up with the Adventure games, because if you did, you'd know that Chao Gardens are THE SHIT. They're great distractions and add a ton of replayability. I can tell you that I wouldn't love SA2 as much as I do without the Chao Gardens. They're so much more than Tamagotchi clones. I think it's safe to say that no one wants to raise a family and get a job as a made-up monster. Racing and karate? Sign me up. Honestly, it is kind of silly, considering it's a Sonic game, but they got it right in SA2B, and I'm not clamoring to see a new one, but I'd be all over it if they were to. I guess we'll see what happens when SA2 gets re-released.

17. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I played Sonic Adventure 2 when I was 10, so I pretty much grew up with it, and I gotta say I agree. I want to play a Sonic game, not a virtual reality pet raiser.

Now, if it weren't required to play the chao garden in order to 100% the game, I would see no problem. But they are, and it bothers me.

18. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    I didn't like the Chao Garden in 2002 and I don't like them now. :/

19. StephenUK

StephenUK

Liquor in the front, poker in the rear Tech Member
    Manchester, UK
    Quackshot Disassembly
    Sonic 4 should be enough proof that a game's title has fuck all to do with the quality of the game. This Adventure 3 talk is starting to get really old now. Even if they do release a game under that title, the chances of it being anything like the other adventure titles is very slim, as the franchise has moved on since then, and I think the community need to move on as well.

20. JaredAFX

JaredAFX

You telling me a shrimp fried this rice? Member
    Florida
    Downloading megahertz
    I've been playing since I was 4. If I had started playing at 10 also, I probably wouldn't see the fun in it, either. I think it's purely an age thing, unless you're really into stuff like the Chao Gardens.