don't click here

“New Project for Sonic”?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by SpaceyBat, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Flare

Flare

If this is real... then I question why Sega would use 1&1? They suck, though based on a few of Sega's domain names they don't go to one supplier. So you never know - it's either real or someone who wants Sega to buy these domains off them - not like they have hidden themselves that well, we know this persons name, address, phone number... this person has also registered domain names for pretty badly designed websites so its not like it is an organisation, its just some random French guy.

2. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    If this turns out to be real (which I'm skeptical of), I will rage so hard you have no clue.

3. PsychoSk8r

PsychoSk8r

PsychedelAnt | Tone Turner Oldbie
    Birmingham, UK
    30 Day Project: Revisited.A New Release!
    Morbidly curious about this, now.
    It raises questions for me, like "Will they keep sonic's modern style?", and "How are they going to do with the other character's gameplay?".

4. RetroKoH

RetroKoH

Project Sonic 8x16
    I'm sooo sick of Adventure 3 talk. That ship has long since sailed. Besides, I always thought that Sonic Heroes was supposed to play a sort of "Adventure 3" in the story anyway.

Besides, there is a reason you don't hear much about Hunnid-P anywhere outside the Sonic scene, and even within the scene I can count on one hand how many times I've heard the name... He sucks at rapping. I'd rather let my ears get raped by Marky Mark and John Cena doing a rap duet.

Sigh... It doesn't just apply to Sonic & SEGA, it applies to a lot of shit in the world right now (Glares at Hollywood) Can we please move forward and not backward? Or at least some lateral movement would be grand at this point...

5. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

It's not gonna be an Adventure 3. I'm sure of it, though it's nice to dream. It's not impossible but I find it highly unlikely currently and it's best not to get too excited over this assumption.

Whatever it is, we'll find out soon. SEGA have a bad habit of leaking stuff really early and if something is in the works it won't be longer than a month or two before more stuff is spilled, trust me.

6. The KKM

The KKM

Welcome to the nExt level Member
    Portugal
    IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog comic books
    You know, this argument really begins to stink of people putting their fingers in their ears and going LALALALALALA.

I'm sorry guys, Gene, Harts, and everyone else who'd rather see their mothers eaten by a dingo than Adventure 3, but Adventure 3 is still very possible.

YES, I know Sonic Heroes does Adventure 3's function on the story.
    YES, I know Sonic 2006 is Adventure 3 in all but name.
    YES, I know Sonic Unleashed was developed as Adventure 3 at the start.

But here's the thing- none of these games are Adventure 3. They're Heroes, 2006, Unleashed. Sonic Adventure 3 was never released. Which means its prime nostalgia for SEGA to grab. Remeber how Knuckles Chaotix started as Sonic 4, but that didn't stop them from later doing a Sonic 4?

I'm not saying it's going to be anything good. Hell, it'll probably be Modern Sonic from Generations with some added skins. I'm just saying it WILL come eventually, if not next year as this seems to indicate, then on Sonic's 25th birthday, or the 30th, or whenever someone on Sonic Team says "Hey, you know what would reel a lot of fans in?"

And someone will say that. Believe me.

Unless of course SEGA goes bankrupt first

EDIT: NOW, on regards to the registry of SonicAdventure3.xxx... Why would they use a French contractor? Nah, I'd say this was someone who saw the speculation around Mr. Hunnid-P and decided to have fun.

7. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    If they're making Sonic Adventure 3, I hope they ditch Modern Sonic and use Classic instead. + - (Still bitter about Sonic 4...)   =P

8. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    I rather not have classic but if anything - a fusion of modern and classic. To be honest, Classic Sonic is just that to me, a Classic. Although, I'm not too fond of "Boost2Win", I'd still prefer modern's style. If there is an Adventure 3, I wouldn't mind it being look Sonic Colors mixed with Sonic Adventure.

9. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    Holy shit I'm going to lose my mind.

Sonic Adventure 3 is a NAME. Heroes, '06, and Unleashed all have aspects of what was included in SA1 and SA2. The Knuckles Chaotix comparison is WEAK because Knuckles Chaotix is nothing like the 3 games that came before it, besides having fast characters and curved walls.

I don't care if people consider any other game as Sonic Adventure 3. They can make that argument if they want. But it's equally inane to argue that Sonic Adventure 3 could still happen simply because none of those games were named Sonic Adventure 3. It's getting on my nerves. Both sides of this argument need to bring something better to the table, or zip it.

10. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    If it is SA3, which I'm beginning to cautiously consider as being the case, I would have no doubt in my mind they would keep modern Sonic gameplay. They've really hit a winner with that formula, and it works extremely well. Only things that need to be tweaked is Sonic's low-speed maneuvers, jumping momentum, and apply Generations' Seaside Hill Act 2 level design to every level and it will be a winner for everybody.

Fair enough. But more distant speculation in the past has turned out to be right. But that's neither here nor there.

I'm very fascinated that a name can be so polarizing. If you separate the name from the previous games, I think it's the coolest and most encompassing name the franchise has had since the classics. It doesn't sound gimmicky (like Unleashed and Colors, etc.); it's just a very romanticized notion, and in a lot of ways subconsciously pumps up the player.

Plus, you can't deny that this logo (looking past a low-res ground texture) is dang cool looking. Still think this is the best logo the Sonic series has had. Yeah, it's just a name, but it's sure a solid one.

[​IMG]

11. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    I get what you're saying, and you're right. But speculation over the same damn thing hasn't continued for this long, and resulted in the argument with the same points being given by both sides before. I don't care if either side is right, eventually. The bickering itself has long been stagnant and it's beyond irritating.

12. Lord Nero

Lord Nero

Resident Nintendo Hater. Member
    Claymont, DE.
    Let's Plays, Work and Animation.
    BROKEN RECORD TIME! :v:

It took 16 years for Sonic 4's ship to finally reach its destined port, so why is it so hard to believe that Sonic Adventure 3 could do the same?
    Honestly, I don't believe that this is the next main series game planned. I remember reading that Izuka wanted to do something wholly different with the next installment, granted, having modern Sonic's gameplay mixed with the other cast doing different things would be something different, I cant believe Sonic Adventure 3 would be the result. However, to say that Sonic Adventure 3 is never ever possible is a bold assumption that holds no weight.

tl;dr - SA3 is possible, most likely not the next title though.

13. Joltanz Mantis

Joltanz Mantis

! Member
    Quebec, Canada
    I sing
    Boost to win was only in Sonic Unleashed. It's dead now thanks to Generations. You can't mindlessly boost as much. Modern is actually getting closer to platforming, albeit slowly. Very slowly. But Sonic Colours? That was 2D with blocky platforms! Don't mix that with Adventure. Generations without the 2D + Adventure is the better option, at least to me.

14. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    I've heard this same argument before. It's tired.

15. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    And so is the argument that Sonic Adventure 3 will never happen.

Either way, we don't know, lets not pretend we do. Only thing that makes me suspicious is because numerous Sonic games have started their lives as Sonic Adventure 3, but the idea was scrapped in favor of something else. All I'd wonder is, why now?

16. The KKM

The KKM

Welcome to the nExt level Member
    Portugal
    IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog comic books
    I've also heard the argument about hearing the argument many times before.

Time becomes a loop! Time becomes a loop! Time becomes a loop!

I'm not quite grasping your panic here. I'm not arguing against of in favour of Adventure 3. I'm saying it's still an available name to be used, and SEGA will use it some day, for the nostalgia it holds; in response to the arguments of "Sonic 2006 was already Adventure 3, so stop saying Adventure 3 will happen." That's that.

17. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    @Dark Sonic: I'm not arguing that SA3 won't happen. My problem is with this exact same argument forming everytime the subject of SA3 pops up. It may, it may not.

EDIT: Oh, new page. So you're just saying that Sega will call a game SA3 one day? Sure, they might. That's not saying much, though. They're just as likely to leverage any old name that they have for a new title.

18. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

I think it would be safe to assume that since Sega is in probably the worst financial situation it's been in a very, very long time (probably the worst they've ever been), they feel like they need to tap the nostalgia banks if they want to keep the company going. Putting the Adventure name on a game is almost assured to boost sales.

19. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Only if it's a good game though. Nostalgia only means something to one significant group, and that's Sonic fans. Word spreads quickly around here, and if what they decide to call Sonic Adventure 3 is a terrible money-grab of a game, it won't get bought.

20. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

From people like us, this is probably true, but even '06 sold pretty well despite its... quality issues.