don't click here

Mario and Sonic Rio 2016

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Blue Blood, May 31, 2015.

1. Oh wow, I did not know that Sonic Advance 3 tunes still lived in Sega's jukebox. I freakin' loved that game.

I wasn't also aware of the crazy cool remixes this series has produced. I'll have to look more into them. Even if the last Crossover Game / The only one I played was the Beijing Olympics, I do remember the dream events being pretty fun.

So much for the "This'll be the one and only cross over game" back in 2008 huh? :P

2. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    I'd really like to see a real crossover one day, instead of getting cockteased every two years, you know? Smash Bros. doesn't cut it. There's more money in an actual crossover. A lot of fucking money.

3. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwKPuCw_sNk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z77oDfdZr3c

They did other Sonic Advance remixes, too.

4. SpaceyBat

SpaceyBat

United States
    Freedom Planet 2
    Further proof that Eggman is the true fastest thing alive.

Also, I wonder if they have any plans for amiibo support with this, considering how much of the cast has figures released (at least on Mario's side).

5. Elmer's Glue

Elmer's Glue

The one thing that stings the most about this is that it's looking to be Sonic's only 2015 release. If it were released alongside a main series game I wouldn't mind it given that the remixes are great stuff to look forward to, but geez. I'm hoping we'll see a new Sonic game at E3 but past experience has shown that it would've already been announced by now...

6. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member

7. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

I hope so. I won't be surprised if you can scan in any of the Mario Amiibos (and the Sonic Smash one of course) to unlock little things, like perhaps the Mii outfits you could get in past games. I'd really, really love to see an Amiibo line for the game though. I only collect the Amiibo I particularly want, so right now all that I've got is Sonic and the Splatoon set. But if they released a special set for each character in this game, including the likes of Rouge, Knuckles and all the female Mario cast in their sports attire, you can bet I'd be all over them. Might not even get the game itself. Amiibo though? In a heartbeat. All of them.

More realistically I kind of expect to see the main characters getting Amiibo. Mario, Sonic, Bowser, Eggman, Tails, Peach etc. The extended cast seems less likely

8. I never really mind the Bi-yearly Sonic and Mario Olympic games. They look pretty enough, seem well put together.

BUT, they are always a tease to something bigger. Like I remember people having wet dreams over a Sonic and Mario RPG or platformer. And no, Sonic in Smash doesn't count.

But we've had nothing. Like not even Mario Kart and Sonic Drift go to the Monaco Grand Prix. (The story mode's bad guy would be Bernie Ecclestone. And the awesome power of Team Work and the Mercedes engine would defeat him.) I mean we havent had anything beyond the Olympic games. Which surprises me because they'd sell. The Mario Party games MUST sell, so why no Mario and Sonic Party? (and so on)

I did like the look of the football (sawker) in the trailer. But then I remembered I kinda wanted Super Mario Strikers with Sonic characters.

Basically what I'm complaining about is that these Olympic games are cockteases. They are the Thwomp lifting up revealing a Green Hill Zone checkerboard behind it before slamming down on your head.

9. [quote name='Elmer's Glue' timestamp='1433649687' post='827527']
    The one thing that stings the most about this is that it's looking to be Sonic's only 2015 release. If it were released alongside a main series game I wouldn't mind it given that the remixes are great stuff to look forward to, but geez. I'm hoping we'll see a new Sonic game at E3 but past experience has shown that it would've already been announced by now...
    [/quote]

I'm not too worried if this is the only major Sonic release for 2015, I'd rather them take their time and avoid making another sub-par game.

10. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    [​IMG]

:v:

11. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APV7ri3scLI

Sticks is playable.

I'm honestly saddened to see her creeping into aspects of the series outside of Boom. She's bad enough in there. At least it's just the Olympics series... for now.

12. Oh, christ why. We feared for a moment that this was gonna be the new face of Sonic, but that was quickly shut down, and now she's poking her head in here? Stop guys. Fucking stop. Nothing relating to that clusterfcuk needs to rear its head in the main series.

13. amphobius

amphobius

doing more important things with my life Member
    life
    I honestly wouldn't mind seeing Sticks outside of Boom.

She's one of the few character designs that aren't awful. Hell, she's got a great design.

Personality, though? Nah.

14. Atendega

Atendega

Lesser Sea Sponge Member
    Comfy couch
    Collecting insults
    It isn't rearing its head in the main series, as the Olympic Games aren't part of the main series.

15. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

The SEGA series then. M&S isn't Sonic Boom, so it feels weird to see that side of the franchise rearing it's head.

16. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Whatever. Honestly if they want to fold anything into the main series from Boom then fine, let it be Sticks. Least it's not the designs.

Also I'm incredibly saddened this E3. FFVII remake, Shenmue 3, a new Starfox. All these promising tried and true things. And what do we get? Sonic the Hedgehog meets the corporate sponsors 1, 2, 3, and 4 in the same god damn week.

17. chaoscollector

chaoscollector

Think I may actually get this one! Last one I bought was the Vancouver Winter Olympics, plus I don't really own any party games at the moment, would be nice to have something friends can come round and enjoy if we don't fancy anything to complex

18. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Amiibo compatability confirmed.
    [​IMG]

Not a surprise. Next question is if they'll make new Amiibo for the game.

19. Rosie

Rosie

aka Rosie Member
    I can certainly get behind the idea of a Tails, Metal Sonic or Dr. Eggman Amiibo. If Nintendo stopped being utterly useless with how they're dealing with our favourite plastic companions, at any rate.

I'd be surprised if they did make new Amiibo for this though, I imagine you will be able to unlock costumes or something.

20. Crasher

Crasher

Why hello there! Member