don't click here

Mario and Sonic Rio 2016

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Blue Blood, May 31, 2015.

1. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Announced in the Japanese Nintendo Direct today.

http://youtu.be/Hlsw5FsFNKA

New characters Rouge, Zazz, Jet, Diddy and Nabbit and likely at least one more Mario character. Other than that it's the exact same game you've played four times before.

Who cares, right?

2. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    It'll probably have good music. Also, the art is surprisingly good:

[​IMG]

3. Felik

Felik

Looks like Birdo is the third new Mario character.

new M&S game = new good Sonic remixes, so I care for that at least.

4. Linkabel

Linkabel

Implying you don't care Blue Blood, it's ok we all have sins.

Though I have to admit, this one gets my attention a bit more than the others, maybe I'll get it down the line. The only one I have from the series it's the very first one.

5. AnimatedAF

AnimatedAF

The Sochi one was a bit mediocre (as was the very first one), but I really enjoyed the Vancouver and London ones. Also another excuse for Sega's sound team to do some awesome Mario remixes.

6. TheOcelot

TheOcelot

Scooty Puff Jr sucks! Member
    Some good Sonic remixes from what is likely to be another poor game featuring Sonic is not a good enough excuse to pay £30 IMO. Would be better just to buy the soundtrack.

Can't see this game doing well at all if it's anything like the recent installments. The fact that it's an Olympic's game might help sell a few copies, but lets face it this will probably be another Nintendo game (especially the Wii U version) - featuring Sonic - which will flop.

7. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    I think these games mattered much more when they were being released on a successful console (Wii). The games sold multiple millions and were relevant to Sonic as a franchise as the games sold so exceptionally well they boosted his popularity. The Wii U as the platform for this renders the game irrelevant. By 2016 the buzz will be about the NX and the Wii U will be even more dead. I have played these games and I suppose they're passable but the faster Sonic gets on a platform with a decent install base the better.

8. Good Sonic remixes is all that I'm looking forward to. Other than that I really don't care.

9. Ell678

Ell678

Am I Annoying You? Member
    Barrow, England
    Sonic Incursion
    I do like that artwork. Very nice.

I wonder if they will use SPORTS TAPE

10. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    He didn't say he would buy the game, he'll probably listen to the soundtrack on Youtube. :v:

11. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    Well at the very least, the game is available on the 3DS this time around (which includes golf, so this will be the closest you will get to a Mario Golf game featuring Sonic and pals), wheareas Sochi 2014 wasn't. Reason for that I assume was a gamble to sell the Wii U in its early years by Nintendo and Sega that didn't pay off. This also probably confirms Sega's still willing to support Nintendo despite the Nintendo-exclusive Sonic partnership being a total failure, though this game might had been in the pipeline (no pun intended) before it ended.

I guess it will give us nice remixes and Wii U owners another thing to look forward too, but other than I'm echoing a resounding meh. I don't think Sonic should even be having another game at all until 2017 at best.

12. Rosie

Rosie

aka Rosie Member
    Well Nintendo are paying for it and kids will buy anything with Mario or Sonic's face plastered on it, so it's basically free money for SEGA. Plus the games have sold quite well in the past (See: Kids buying any shit), and it's not like they can make Mario and Sonic games for Sony or Microsoft.

I don't own any of the Mario and Sonic games, and I don't plan to start with this one, unless it comes out and everyone here decides that it's actually decent and worth owning. Good remixes of classic Sonic tunes are always welcome though.

13. STHX

STHX

SEGAAAAAAAAA?!? Member
    The world of Trophies
    Sonic In Mushroom Kingdom
    [​IMG]

Also, unless Orbot appears in this game Mach 2 may still come this year, whatever that is.

14. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    +Remixes
    +Another Mini-Game fest that may actually be tolerable since the only other noteworthy one has been Nintendoland
    +Eggman still proving he's the best character in the series.
    +Zazz (literally the only member of the Deadly Six you may as well keep around. The rest are stupid.)

-Same old junk
    -Still not fully dream event focused
    -Some will complain about the Rabbit being in but not Rosalina/Nintendo's Lightning
    -Time for more complaints about Sonic's friends cast having poor voice acting, even though they almost never get a chance to speak more than a few lines since Generations or Free Riders.

15. Xeric

Xeric

Workington, England
    S3K Mighty Sheet
    And that was me hoping the Deadly Six would just fade into obscurity. Yeah, it's nice Jet and Rouge are finally playable, but why make Zazz playable? Espio, Charmy and Cream are more recognizable, yet they're referees. Heck, I'd much rather have Wave, Storm, Marine or Tikal playable or the Deadly Six.

16. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Oh... Good.

17. I really don't understand it either. It's like they don't want people to forget the game existed.

18. AnimatedAF

AnimatedAF

Isn't there a small chance Zazz might be a rival character like what they had in previous games?

19. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    Yes, because this is what we all wanted, right? Another dry hump crossover? Greeeaaaaaaat.

20. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    While we don't know the sales numbers of the last game (which was seemingly the worst selling because of it being Wii U exclusive), the Mario & Sonic Olympics games actually generally sell incredibly well. So there actually is a demand for these games, just not from us.

See it like this: we'll get more remixes of Mario and Sonic music from the SEGA Sound Team
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4226ScF5tU
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M--KIGGi8c4

Btw, making unfunny shitposts to say that you don't care about the thing the thread is about is just annoying. So please don't do that.