Mario and Sonic at the 2020 Olympics announced

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, Mar 30, 2019.

1. Frostav

Frostav

Member Member
    How does a character literally no one fucking likes keep getting in these games

Lost World was a disease

2. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

I'll find the old avatar eventually Member
    Working on my art!
    Well it's weird, from the looks of it I don't think Zavok is playable. He appears to be some sort of boss.

And honestly I think the answer is that he's a heavy in a series that lacks heavies. It's the same reason why Vector gets shoehorned into situations while Espio and Charmy are left out. Maybe if Mighty or Bark got a modern redesign we wouldn't be forced to see Zavok so much but until we get a new modern heavy rep (preferably a villain) we're stuck with this asshole.

3. Laughingcow

Laughingcow

Resident Edgelord PHD Member
    The best part of these games is watching Sonic job to Mario in a foot race.

4. Beltway

Beltway

Temptive Bongwater, Sealed in Can Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    college courses / anime trash crusader
    For the most part I don't really have any interest in this subseries at all. But I am curious to know what was up with that Tokyo 1964 "retro" scene, which shows the characters as sprites from their original games at 0:33 in the trailer.

(Also another case of Sega unable to keep their story straight on whether the original/"Classic" Sonic design from the Genesis days is just a different artistic style from the current Sonic, or a separate character from a different timeline/dimension...)

5. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Member Member
    This is the second Olympics title that Zavok is in, and it's very likely the same situation as before - he's a guest character playable only in one event.

6. Hitlersaurus Christ

Hitlersaurus Christ

Not actually a nazi, possibly the messiah, definit Member
    glorious nippon
    SNOIC GENERATONS PLUS
    Just give me those sweet, sweet remixes, Sega!

7. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    I just totally lost it 33 seconds. Apparently Sonic 2 Death Egg Zone Eggman lives on....he's still "faster" than Sonic :v:

8. Powpuck

Powpuck

Member Member
    Eggman has always been a Walkie Talkie Man. He even has the bright red fluro jacket.

9. netscapenow

netscapenow

My bed
    I'm interested in seeing how the skateboarding event turns out. Looks like a Tony Hawk clone, let's see if Sega can do better in a party game than Robomodo ever could.