Mario and Sonic at the 2020 Olympics announced

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, Mar 30, 2019.

1. Vangar

Vangar

Ok awesome, thanks for that, I'll pick it up when the price drops a little, or perhaps 2nd hand :)

2. Beltway

Beltway

Temptive Bongwater, Sealed in Can Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    college courses / anime trash crusader
    Forgot to post here when the report came out, but NPD reports for November 2019 were released during mid-December.

Mario & Sonic is nowhere to be found. Neither in the general Top 20 or the Nintendo Switch-specific Top 10.

Also, on the topic of charts: I did a quick check on NintendoEverything to see how it performed on the weekly Switch eShop charts (all listings are the general charts):
    11/9 (Debut week): #16
    11/16: #11
    11/23: #17

The game was gone afterwards. (As an aside, Mania did show up at least once at #28 on the week of 12/7.)

Some brighter news outside America, though. According to Famitsu, Mario & Sonic was the 8th best-selling game in Japan for November 2019, with over 55,000 units sold (physical + digital).

3. Overlord

Overlord

...did we just switch realities? Moderator
    Berkshire, England
    Learning Cymraeg
    M&S I can see picking up in sales closer to the actual Games themselves - there was a lot in the Xmas release schedule, it got rather swamped. The Games will be a nice reminder it exists and I can see a lot of kids with Olympic fever bugging their parents to get it - that and I'm sure both Nintendo & Sega will pimp it again closer to the time.

4. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member

Mobile version is out May 7th.
    There's a neat remix of Eggman's Adventure 1 theme, too.

Did this game not get many remixes like the others?

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  5. Overlord

Overlord

...did we just switch realities? Moderator
    Berkshire, England
    Learning Cymraeg
    I mean, these games have always been worth it just for the remixes - I'm loving that SA1 Robotnik cover.

6. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    The Switch version has been out for months, but the OST uploads on YouTube don't seem to have any remixes.