don't click here

General Project Thread & Feedback

Discussion in 'Project: Sonic Retro (Archive)' started by Retro_Stew, Nov 9, 2008.

1. fifthelephant

fifthelephant

Shame it couldn't be added as a gametype to add longevity to the game.

2. Retro_Stew

Retro_Stew

French Twitch Gamer Member
    France
    Twitch channel
    [​IMG]

3. Thundertimi

Thundertimi

Sonic Retro (Artwork team)
    http://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?showtopic=13217

Well that reminds me of idea, what I came up while ago.
    Ofcourse skills are different.

Actually, that idea is not fitting in this type of sonic game.
    We actually trying to make "Sonic 4 style" of game.
    I think, that gameplay would be more interesting, but it's too radical.
    It's hard to make new interesting sonic game, when we trying to stay in line.

Challenging :P

4. Phoenix

Phoenix

Has really been far even as decided to use even go Member
    That's the thing; this game isn't supposed to be a sequel copying SEGA's style ("What if SEGA made another 2D Sonic game?") but a spiritual sequel, with our own ideas put into place, as if we were on the team to make the next MegaDrive Sonic game.

5. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    No thanks.

I've seen the community's ideas. They all suck, so let's stick to the source as close as possible and honor the source. Not shoehorn in retarded functions.

We're not Sonic Team people.

6. Vaiyt

Vaiyt

Oglio p'ru çeu Member
    I agree with Chimpo.

If there's one collective that has retarded ideas on par with Sonic Team's, it's the Sonic fans. Let's concentrate on additions that have a reason to exist other than "it would be cool".

That said, I'd like to say I like STHX's idea of giving Sonic a wall kick to allow for Sonic-exclusive paths.

7. Matwek

Matwek

I'm a fan of the wall kick as a new move but I've never felt happy with it being used multiple times to gain access to a different path.
    To me it makes sense to have a quick one off wall jump for quickly changing direction, avoiding attack or for reaching a slightly out of reach platform but this bouncing back and forth between two vertical walls never felt natural to me. Although with out it, it makes things a lot more difficult to come up with a way from sonics route to be non-accessible by tails.

8. fifthelephant

fifthelephant

Out of all the ideas I really like the 3 different route idea (with sonic being able to wall jump).

But if we're sticking close to the source then I want to fight metal sonic as sonic. The reason why no-one else wants to is not because it's cliche but because the only difficult metal sonic battle was in Sonic 2. I reckon if it was a decent fight everyone would be on board.

9. Incorrect on both accounts, sir. I want Tails to fight him because it would be different and it would have a greater impact from a character stand point.

Also: no way was Sonic 2's battle hard.

10. fifthelephant

fifthelephant

IMO sonic 2 has the hardest boss fight of all since you start with no rings and I can never get the timing right. I walk the rest of the 2d games though.

11. Matwek

Matwek

Its all about spin dashing at the spot he lands, then the rest is a piece of piss.
    Anyway, I do agree that the Metal Sonic fights have become easier but thats mainly due to their repetitive attack patterns so changing things up would be a good idea. But the way I see it things would be much easier to change if it was a tails only fight. Many of the new moves could incorporate tails' ability to fly (such as Metal performing an attack focusing on the entire ground so you have to hover) and to all those people that want a Metal Tails why not just give Metal sonic the ability to boost about with rockets (similar to Rocket Knight) that way he looks like sonic but still has Tails/Knuckles ability to hover/glide

12. Sailu Baru

Sailu Baru

France
    I change the subject a little but do you foresee a fist attack for Knuckles, like in a sonic advance game? It could balance the wall-kick sonic ability.

13. Matwek

Matwek

I would quite like to see the fist punch, not as an attack but as an extra animation that takes place when knuckles runs through breakable walls.

14. Mobiethian

Mobiethian

Oldbie
    I think you need to tone it down with the "faggot" usage. Apparently, you have no idea who you're dealing with.

You may continue with the color management.

15. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    A bunch of unorganized kids?

16. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Hey guys. I have a very simple proposal, and I'm looking to see if any of you agree.

Would anyone be in support of Chimpo as a project leader and coordinator? He seems to have a very clear direction on the way the game should be approached, and I think we need that kind of firm leadership right now in the midst of all this chaotic indecision.

Your thoughts?

17. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.
    Yes, very much so.

He's very organized, and actually knows what he's doing.

18. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    Hell yes, I'm all for giving leadership to Chimpo. This way, the number of coordinators for this project will raise from 0 to 1.

What? 5? lol you must be kidding me.

19. Jayextee

Jayextee

Unpopular Opinions™ Member
    Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.
    This would be great, since I have to prioritise my university projects at this time. I already PMed Chimpo suggesting this, and got a cryptic response. He's way better suited to the job than I.

20. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    All my responses are cryptic.

Wax on, wax off.

(There is a hidden meaning in this post, see if you can find it)