don't click here

General Project Screenshot/Video Thread

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Tweaker, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Kurk

Kurk

Funky Kong Member
    You know, you could've asked me, or Proj, or at least tried to contact anyone on Neo Team Kyukyoku before deciding to revive a hack both you and Gemini abandoned. SHIMA's repos have been called "kyu" internally for the entirety of development. We have Kyukyoku's BGZ1 and Sonic in-game as hidden bonuses. Hell, our team name is Neo Team Kyukyoku.

upload_2024-2-3_17-29-56.png
    upload_2024-2-3_17-37-32.png
    upload_2024-2-3_18-9-25.png
    [​IMG]
    upload_2024-2-3_18-4-6.png

The least you could do is remove "Kyukyoku" from your title screen/branding so there'll be no confusion between our two projects.

Attached Files:

2. Kilo

Kilo

That inbetween sprite from S&K's title screen Member
    Canada
    Figured this would happen, I actually made this screen to clear up the whole deal. But no, I will not take Kyukyoku out of the title because that was my original hack.
    upload_2024-2-3_17-20-26.png
    Not trying to stir up drama. But I just want to make my vision, without all the Touhou influence or bloated character cast or a bird that collects items for you, because that's not what was planned 6 years ago. Though to say we abandoned it is pretty funny since we were forced off because no one wanted to listen to the ideas of the original creators of Kyukyoku for the Kyukyoku remake.

3. Kurk

Kurk

Funky Kong Member
    (Asshole comment removed. I apologize for assuming negativity in your splash screen.)

Touhou shit's been cut for a year and a half. It and "the bird" were added by your OG co-director whom you also neglected to contact about "reviving" kyu.

What's so hard about removing a subtitle yet keeping everything else the same? It's the bare minimum you could do to reduce confusion.

EDIT:
    Gemini had some words to say about this, but was unable to post them onto his account.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 4, 2024
  4. ezra

ezra

or "Fuzzy" Member
    Please stop flooding the thread with pointless comments and arguing... The project will die within two weeks anyways. Can't wait for the moderators to purge the last dozen replies!

(edit: added relevant image)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 4, 2024
  5. Devon

Devon

I'm a loser, baby, so why don't you kill me? Tech Member
    your mom
    Are we really doing this here?

6. charcoal

charcoal

Be Cool, Be Wild, and Be Groovy Member
    [​IMG]

7. JayKuriN

JayKuriN

Kat Kitty Kat Kat Kitty Kat Kat Member
    No, you abandoned it. Both of you left on your own terms. Gemini and the rest of us can back this up.
    And, in fact, we've given you plenty of chances to improve with this and come back to work with us again. You blew every single one of them and said yourself you were never going to change with your last message.
    So no, I don't think you have any justification to come back and make a hack with the same name as ours and try to frame yourself as if you were done wrong.

If it happened here I would say it should be discussed. Especially when the answer given to a genuine question was disingenuous, and publicly frames a group of people as guilty of something for no good reason.

8. Kilo

Kilo

Canada
    I'm really not interested in dragging on this catfight. I just want to make my vision for Kyukyoku, which ultimately SHIMA hasn't aligned with. These hacks can coexist, and while built from the same premise are going to be 2 different products. I don't understand why it has to be whole event over who gets the title, not even the title, but the subtitle, a subtitle SHIMA isn't even using, and one that people wouldn't even use to look up my hack, because the actual title is Sonic The Crying East. I only put the subtitle so if people wanted to see how different my hack is from the 2018 version they can look it up, SHIMA's chosen for ingame bonus levels and characters, and that's a fine way to do it, but it isn't a subtitle representing what it is. I wish you guys luck on SHIMA. I will continue work on Crying East.

9. David The Lurker

David The Lurker

For some mysterious reason... Administrator
    I have absolutely no idea what is going on, but I am going to tell everyone to stop.

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Like Like x 4
    • List
  10. upload_2024-2-25_23-38-32.png
    Still updating the Simon Wai disassembly; already pushed out part 1 of the "Mega Update", hopefully more should follow.

11. Kilo

Kilo

Canada
    So a meme started up on Twitter about a Chilean dub of Star Wars inserting ads for a beer called Cerveza Cristal. And now everyone's inserting Cerveza ads into all sorts of mediums. I wanted to join in on the fun, so I've been up since 2 AM making this:

It was kind of a pain to make, Flex2 didn't want to participate and it was basically imploding on itself for some reason.
    [​IMG]
    And MegaPCM for some reason didn't feel like playing samples longer than 1 second, along with Audacity just lying to me about what sample rate the audio was actually at.
    But I'm happy with the results. So I'm gonna go to bed.

12. Chimes

Chimes

The One SSG-EG Maniac Member
    Thanks i love it

13. rata

rata

Argentina
    Trying to be useful somehow.
    Can I share that on discord?

14. jubbalub

jubbalub

#1 Sonic Superstars defender Member

This is the infamous drifting level from Frontiers, completely reworked with the rev boost mechanic and new physics. Sonic's boost is now equal to the Power Boost in the vanilla game, and with the rev meter, the max is ~20% faster than that. Sonic's turning radius is tighter than the vanilla game, but it's still not pinpoint while boosting. All I'm doing in this video is jamming the analog stick left or right to make tight turns.

Additionally, the camera has been drawn closer to Sonic to enhance the sense of speed and change the way you interact with the controls.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2024
  15. Clownacy

Clownacy

Tech Member

Adding Mega CD support to my emulator has been going well, with help from Devon. Aside from its special stages, Sonic CD is very presentable now!

Last edited: Mar 23, 2024
  16. rata

rata

Argentina
    Trying to be useful somehow.
    That's wonderful news. Especially cos for the most part I'm still using Kega Fusion after not finding an alternative that works as well as it. If you ever get to do 32x, I'm changing right away.

17. Devon

Devon

I'm a loser, baby, so why don't you kill me? Tech Member
    your mom
    :)

18. Sonic Hachelle-Bee

Sonic Hachelle-Bee

Taking a Sand Shower Tech Member
    Lyon, France
    Sonic 2 Long Version
    I agree. We do not have enough good 32x emulators out there.

19. penBorefield

penBorefield

Living in my best life Member
    Basement
    Patching things up
    Good luck emulating Sega Neptune 32X. You'll need it.

20. Kilo

Kilo

Canada
    upload_2024-3-28_0-33-40.png
    I have consumed an unhealthy amount of caffeine and threw this together when I should be in bed. Will I have the motivation to continue this in the morning? Who knows.