General Project Screenshot/Video Thread

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Tweaker, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Inferno

Inferno

Sonic 1 Definitive

2. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    [​IMG]

3. Alex Field

Alex Field

シュート! カオス・エメラルド・ザが消えようとしている! Member
    Downunda, Mobius
    Sonic the Hedgehog 2+, Sonic the Hedgehog 3+

Just testing, I'm not promising this will make it (also, too big to upload onto Le Weekee™).

4. Giova

Giova

AKA Giovanni Member
    [SSRG Crosspost]
    Announcing a "new" project!

That's right, it's Score Rush again. I told myself that the time I learn how to render text on the Mega Drive would be the time I remaster Sonic 1 - Score Rush, as there's a lot of nifty features I wanted to have, but could only implement with that know-how. And that time has finally come.

I decided that, instead of just using the "PRESS START BUTTON" font to display "SCORE RUSH" on the title screen, I'd make something fancier. It was not terribly easy to code in, and I was afraid of lacking sufficient VRAM, but luckily, Green Hill's background was far enough into VRAM for me to replace a good portion of the foreground art with the new "SCORE RUSH" emblem I made. I must say, I'm really proud of how it came out, despite the amount of vertical screen estate occupied by the Title Screen on its own.

Big thanks to MunchJrGames, Slick-Nick and Dr-Luxcario for their work on the Sonic 1 emblem font sprite sheet! Go check it out here.

As for release dates, Score Rush shouldn't take too long to develop. I'm pushing for a June release, but I guarantee nothing.

Also, for the time being, I will be putting most of my focus on Score Rush, therefore, I'm putting Sonic Magnified's development on hold.

5. Alex Field

Alex Field

シュート! カオス・エメラルド・ザが消えようとしている! Member
    Downunda, Mobius
    Sonic the Hedgehog 2+, Sonic the Hedgehog 3+

6. rata

rata

Argentina
    Trying to be useful somehow.
    At some point I was expecting karamelldansen to pop up.