don't click here

Confirmed: Michael Jackson DID compose music for Sonic 3

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by jmr, Dec 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mad Echidna

Mad Echidna

Gone Oldbie
    yeah I really would like to know who composed the Sonic & Knuckles boss music. It fits the overal saga of Sonic 3 & Knuckles SO much better. When I first played Sonic and Knuckles by itself and heard Knuckles' theme and the miniboss I was pretty much like what the shit since I was used to the lock on stuff

2. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Look no further than the Sonic 3 midboss music and the Sonic 3 credits. If that doesn't scream Michael Jackson idk what does.

Bout time this rumor has been confirmed.

3. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    Finally.
    With that said, I wonder if SEGA would be willing to credit Michael Jackson in any further Sonic 3 releases, even if it's just listed on a collection's manual.
    Also, any chance of somebody hacking a mention into a Sonic 3/3K ROM? I tried to once and it didn't work out well, the credits stopped rolling or something.

4. jmr

jmr

This was recently brought to my attention:
    I don't actually own that game, so I have no idea what it says... but still. :facepalm:

EDIT: And I'm also being told that it was "quasi-confirmed at MAGFest 7" by Howard Drossin.
    Still, it's great having someone close to MJ come out and explicitly say that he worked for the game, and give a potential reason for why he wasn't credited.

5. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    Please DON'T assume anything not confirmed with Howard Drossin. Howard Drossin did compose the title screen music, continue music, and Knuckles theme for Sonic & Knuckles. Nothing else has been confirmed with him. And he was killed in that chat when people tried to poke Lava Reef out of him with sticks when Chris Senn was watching. It was TERRIBLE!

And about Michael Jackson. That's cool that someone FINALLY got Brad Buxer to talk. I mean he has been impossible to contact. Even if Jackson was alive I think Brad would have told us if we had got a chance to talk to him in the first place.

I have tried to get in touch with Brad Buxer since year 2000. The other MJ composers that are available to talk disappears as soon as the word Sonic 3 is mentioned.

And it is common for grown ups to hate game music (ask your parents if they want to listen to the whole S3 soundtrack, and if they say yes, you have cool parents!). That doesn't come as a surprise that MJ would be disappointed when he was disappointed about his looks he ripped his own nose off.

Anyway, start assuming when there are proof. For now, only the composer that did the music you were asking about is considered proof to ME. :eng101:

6. Mobiethian

Mobiethian

Oldbie
    Are we even absolutely sure that MJ had anything to do with Moonwalker except for the fact that the game is based on himself and his music?

7. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    You killed him! You were the only one gaining on his death! LOL

And I would really see a donation of Sonic 3 and a Megadrive to play it for Brad Buxer. I have a feeling he would indeed remember the miniboss theme. It is kinda outstanding. I would bet $100 it was he who made it. I'm giving Tweaker what I know since I am no longer qualified to rape Sonic 3 composers.

8. We know that he -actually owned an arcade cabinet of it-, which to me would be a glaring showing of approval.

9. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    Or just merchandising. "Guys, play this game, I play it too!"

10. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    The arcade has better wave sounds of his music in it. I especially like that "unknown" dance music that is played from time to time.

11. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    I like this theory. (Except the Knuckles boss actually plays the Knuckles theme IIRC)

Also, screw you all, Knuckles music in S3 kicks ASS.

12. Retro_Stew

Retro_Stew

French Twitch Gamer Member
    France
    Twitch channel
    I'm on it.

13. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Probably Drossin, since it was to replace other music in the game.

14. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    What are you talking about? S&K Miniboss and Knuckles Theme are identical for S&K and S3&K (lock-on). S&K infiltrates the Sonic 3 portion of S3&K so there isn't any difference between the two.

Can anyone get a screen cap of this? ArchangelUK's sarcasm irks me to no end. He/She could have at least included the ACTUAL TEXT of what is said about Sonic 3 in the "Did You Know" section. Not everyone wasted their hard earned money on Compliation 157.

15. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    http://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?s=&...st&p=380668

And Drossin was never really included in the Sonic 3 team to begin with, and both boss music used in S&K alone are included in the Sonic 3 "alone" sound test. Read the link above on why not to assume anything. There are several composers listed as Sega Sound Team in Sonic 3's credits that could have composed the boss music.

16. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Me too even a digital camera shot would please.

As for this, meh kind of knew already we fans already knew just took time to tell us the answer officially.

17. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    It's definitely in there.

Nobody bought that stupid collection? I could have sworn we had a few stupid here that bought anything with the rat on the title.

18. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I bought it for the other games. $30 for 40 games is a damn good deal, even if some of them are not that great.

Yes I can confirm that it does mention Michael Jackson's involvement in Sonic 3, but it says he was planned to do it, not that he did. But then again they also said that a picture of Sonic 3 was Sonic the Hedgehog 2 on the back cover and it used the wrong cover for Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine so I wouldn't call this the final word on anything.

19. TheGreen1

TheGreen1

Interesting. Guess all of that detective work paid off.

20. Mad Echidna

Mad Echidna

Gone Oldbie
    Maybe I'm confused. The knuckles theme I don't like is the one with just the drum

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.