don't click here

Confirmed: Michael Jackson DID compose music for Sonic 3

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by jmr, Dec 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eviltaco64

Eviltaco64

Hopelessly Lost in Aisle 5 Member
    Nice to see that this was finally confirmed... Even though it was pretty damn obvious for years. :P

2. MathUser

MathUser

3rd top wiki contributor Researcher
  3. Wow, talk about hitting it big.

I wonder if the current MTV Generation would like Satellablog? Hrrrmmmm.

4. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    I always wanted to be on MTV!

I love how this is FINALLY starting to get the world's attention after all these years. I kid you not, dead or alive, Michael Jackson will lead the revival of the Sonic franchise. Nintendo can't say they have a recently passed world idol of a musician that made music for their games....but it's not like they need it.

5. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    No he won't.

6. Nik Jam

Nik Jam

The Man Oldbie
    East Bay, California
    Sonic Mode: Sounds of the Universe (But not really)
    It's too bad we'll probably never find out the exact credits for every Sonic 3 song. It sucks having "SEGA" as artist in my MP3 player when every other Sonic game's soundtrack has an actual person in artist category.

7. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Taken slightly out-of-context it's utterly hilarious though. Just like "George Washington will lead the revival..." would be, for example.

8. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    Just want to say if I got ahold of Senoue again (which I probably never will), I really want to ask about Balloon Park, because that music screams Senoue all over it, especially when comparing SN76489 patterns with all Sonic 3D music composed and arranged by Senoue. No one else has that style you know?

And about the MJ news being on MTV's site is one step in the right direction!
    This means the big media finally can ask the questions to everyone involved because they can reach them better.
    I think that finding out which music Jackson did would be a high priority! The only way is to give the MJ composers the music directly. Sonic 3 has such a terrible buggy Sound Test code, and Sonic 3 & Knuckles has removed some important music so it can't be used.
    Can't we somehow make it easier? Do we have a wiki page to the Sonic 3 music? It should be sent to MTV or something.

9. Herm the Germ

Herm the Germ

Hmm, not bad. Well done, doctor! Member
    Dresden, Saxony, Germany
    MIDI-to-SMPS-conversions, mostly. Takin' requests, too.
  10. MathUser

MathUser

Thanks to Wiz we now have scans of the complete interview. Interview can be found here:

<a href="http://info.sonicretro.org/Brad_Buxer_Interview_%28Black_%26_White,_November/December_2009%29" target="_blank">http://info.sonicretro.org/Brad_Buxer_Inte...ecember_2009%29</a>

11. Mobiethian

Mobiethian

Oldbie
  12. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    Haven't we heard that like three times already?

Interview, Youtube video interview, and this recent interview?

13. evilhamwizard

evilhamwizard

Researcher
    Jun Senoue couldn't have possibly done this one - even though he said so to Bargo. At first I assumed "the original song was something that Jun Senoue did, then it was later swapped around to what we have now". But after hearing the entire soundtrack of Castle of Illusion, this song is Bo's (Tokuhiko "Bo" Uwabo) straight up. "Slot Machine" might also be from the same composer because it shares some of the same melodies. Unless Jun did it along side with him, or did it in his style, but if that be the case - why can't he do that all the time!? I mean, we all know the Bonus Stage song from 3D Blast is almost a rearrangement of "Picnic" from Super Fantasy Zone.

If there's a song that sounds like Senoue, it's the music for the Glowing Spheres. Maybe that was the original music used for the Gumballs? I mean, it makes sense. It's the very first "bonus/special" stage song that appears in the Sound Test, and the only bonus stage in Sonic 3 is the Gumball one. So in theory, it could be the original tune.

/foolofmyself

14. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    I still suggest you to listen to this: Alex Coe - Stranger in Mobius.

It's basically a crossover between Stranger in Moscow and the Sonic 3 ending theme. It has been submitted to olremix.org years ago, but the judges rejected it. I managed to sneak a copy of it before it was deleted from the temporary database (rejected entries are deleted), and I think it's quite cool.

15. XCubed

XCubed

UGH....but I want to hear it nowwwwww!

16. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Well, I guess I'll just use some of my 4shared account.

Clicky.

17. XCubed

XCubed

DigitalDuck, I will <3 you now and forever!

...Although this is great to hear...I can see why this was rejected. It never got "there"....I don't know how to explain it, but it felt like something was missing.

18. MathUser

MathUser

The Brad Buxer interview has now been translated thanks to Segaloco.

<a href="http://info.sonicretro.org/Brad Buxer Interview (Black & White, November/December 2009)" target="_blank" style="background: url(http://info.sonicretro.org/images/5/50/Reticon.png) right no-repeat; padding-right: 20px; border-bottom: 1px dotted #3366BB; color: #3366BB; cursor:pointer; text-decoration:none;" class="wiki">Brad Buxer Interview (Black & White, November/December 2009)</a>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.