don't click here

Archie Sonic Comic Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, Jan 27, 2011.

1. So she's bi, who cares. It's less pandering and more likely a way to give her a relationship that somewhat made sense, with Nicole pretty much always being there for her in her tech form and is now exploring herself (Giggity) as a nanite construct. Not to mention, her two original canon suitors (Sonic and Knuckles) are canon and thus off-limits, and the other two, Antoine and Geoffrey St. Penders, were off in their own relationships. + - we don't talk about monkey khan here  

+ - To be fair, I wouldn't be surprised if while Ian agreed to write it, there was outside prodding from Aleah to make Sally more "progressive".  

inb4 it's "rotor was meant to be gay" 2.0

2. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

DON'T TRUST THIS MAN Member
    That's more or less how I viewed it.
    When the choice is between either Sally pairing up with a character who's been there from (almost) day 1, or Sally just ending up foreveralone.jpg for no reason other than a contract says so, I'd definitely opt for the former, the latter just seems a bit too cold when you consider the history of the character.

3. Tylinos

Tylinos

The Rotor thing was baffling because Ken was so low-key about it that absolutely no one even tried to ship Rotor and Cobar, or even suggested something may be there between them. That, and Ken's reasoning was "Well, Rotor's shy and socially awkward, so he must be gay!"

With the way Ian and Aleah wrote Sally and Nicole, a number of people did pick up on the subtext before Ian made that tweet. Plus, it helps that the two have always just plain meshed well together.

4. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Agreed. He made the only Sonic comics that I think ever caught my attention, not counting Spaz's Classic Sonic covers.

5. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    Diana Skelly does great line work in the Champions arc, also.

Also, I reread the Spark of Life arc, and the subtext is so sub I'd need an electron microscope. Life long gal pals it what it looks like. Maybe I'm just used to less subtle subtext like Steven Universe.

6. /dev/sr0

/dev/sr0

I still think it was pretty blatant. Like, I get how someone could miss it, but loads of people still picked up on it.

7. Crappy Blue

Crappy Blue

Knuckles' Chaotix is a perfect game with no flaws Member
    Yes, I do love that! Let Sally be bi as hell. Pander to us with nice things like more bi and gay representation.

8. VectorCNC

VectorCNC

CNC Sculpture/Artwork
    "Bi today, Gay tomorrow", I thought Sally was always supposed to be a lesbian. How else do you explain that hair and the denim vest?

9. Turbohog

Turbohog

Sally x Nicole is more than just homosexuality. Nicole was a damn AI. I don't care if she had a a fox form or whatever. It's just strange.

10. Any stranger than people being attracted to waifus?

11. /dev/sr0

/dev/sr0

Sentience and emotions though. Nicole has em.

12. Considering Sally is one many girls looked to as an icon of feminism, and considering the stereotypes of self-proclaimed anti-feminists?
    ... Yes. VERY strange.

(Though imagining Sally as one of those stereotypical harem anime protags is funny now.)

13. Retroman

Retroman

I really enjoy the Archie Comics more ever since Ian has taken over writing. It would be such a shame if it was dropped, and there's no official news that it will be hopefully.

14. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    You're behind, it's officially cancelled.

15. Volphied

Volphied

「限界の向こうは無限大」 Member
    [​IMG]

Bad news: Archie Sonic is confirmed to be canceled.
    Good news: It's been picked up by IDW, starting 2018.

16. Dr. Mecha

Dr. Mecha

Dallas, TX
    3d Models
    Now the question is about the next comic:

Will it continue were Archie left off or will it be a new series altogether; And, if the latter, will it be more in line with the canceled Sonic Megadrive?

I'm serious; should we even need to create a new thread for IDW's Sonic or should we speculate here?

17. biggestsonicfan

biggestsonicfan

Model2wannaB Tech Member
    ALWAYS Sonic the Fighters
    The thread has included "Archie" in the topic for years. IDW will need it's own megathread to avoid any possible cross contamination.

18. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Once solicits are out for IDW's take, then a thread can be made for it.

19. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    I don't know how this comic business works. When should we expect something like that?

And how likely are we to see a Psycho Sonic revival? We need one, in all it's eye-lazer splendor.

20. Okamikurainya

Okamikurainya

Somewhere in Africa
    Sonic: Time Attacked - MAX
    Wasn't there something a year or two ago about the Fleetway series being available or something? I swear I saw an article that brought something like that up and there was a lot of speculation to a Fleetway comeback or at least reprints.

But yeah, evil Super Sonic needs to come back with twirly eyes and all, even if just for a single arc. XD