don't click here

Sonic Mania Adventures

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by LukyHRE, Mar 30, 2018.

1. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

DON'T TRUST THIS MAN Member
    Might have to agree. Absolutely loved this!
    Seeing Eggman in his Man of the Year outfit was also a great touch.
    Also anyone else get the sweats watching the end credits? My heart was ready to see a quick shot of some Amy gameplay footage, but alas.

I could happily enjoy Mania shorts for the rest of my life. Seriously, make the Sonic movie just 2 hours of Mania shorts. :v:

2. That was so charming and sweet, I love it! The scene of her walking up the hill and it goes from Mushroom Hill up to Ice Cap (i guess?) featured some seriously beautiful art too.

3. Naean

Naean

Naean H.F. (Nez Man) Member
    United Kingdom
    2D. Sonic Fan Game
    Fully agreed! :)

Furthermore, placing the IceCap Zone scene right before the Robotnik base scene was a nice touch, as in Sonic 3 & Knuckles you transition from IceCap Zone Act 2 to Launch Base Zone Act 1.

4. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Once again, I couldn't help laughing all the way through the short... and then again while replaying it... and then rewatching random bits.

Sonic Mania Adventures is still hands down the best Sonic-related media ever made and, different styles aside, I dare say that it's on par with Disney's own Mickey shorts.

Wouldn't mind a Sonic OVA-ish movie with them talking, though, but SEGA better choose their dialogue writers wisely or it could cause a disaster of epic proportions. =P

5. Xilla

Xilla

It reminded me of that one StC Xmas strip where Robotnik had set up a base in Ice Cap Zone!

6. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    I see what you did there.

Also yeah, nice episode. At one point I almost expected Metal Sonic to switch sides (you know, like Androclus's lion) and become friends with Amy, but the actual ending is ok as well, I guess. I'm just not sure what the hell Sonic was doing there, but still.

7. Chainspike

Chainspike

Stealing rings since 1994 Member
    Death Egg Zone
    S3C Delta
    Best epsiode yet by far. It was great seeing Classic Amy again after her absence in Sonic Mania. The art was fantastic in this episode; I would go as far to say that it is the best yet!

That was a great scene. I liked how they had Mushroom Hill in its fall colors like in S3&K (Not sure why it wasn't winter, but perhaps it is only the beginning of winter?).

I thought the same thing, with Metal Sonic and Sonic.

8. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

This was a great unexpected surprise. The return of the Mania Adventures series, with AMY starring no less, leaves me wondering if there's more plans for the Mania brand.

I love how these shorts play on the often complained about quirks of the main cast, and make them work brilliantly. The characters being comical and goofy was never the problem, it was the flat execution that did it in. Amy was great in this, empathetic, having a character besides Sonic, but still bubbly and naive as ever.

9. Man, this short was great. Not only was it well executed, it's exactly how I feel Sonic is. That might not be the case for every Sonic fan, but that's always a big deal when an artist can nail that

10. Nova

Nova

Amy is cute

CUTE

11. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    You guys noticed how Amy's skirt was simplified so that it wouldn't be hell to animate? No? Good. :v:

12. This is definitely my favorite installment of this amazing series. I really hope there's more to come.

Indeed, I very much appreciated the autumn palette, which is my favorite in-game, yet now I yearn for a winter palette.

13. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    Part 6 felt so wholesome. Glad to see Amy make it in there at least and her little story with her and Metal was superb.

14. Boxer Hockey

Boxer Hockey

Honestly just a change for ease of animation.

15. LukyHRE

LukyHRE

The only one who has a Portal-themed avatar Member
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Bitching and complaining about my country -.-'
    Did anybody realize that flicky spent HALF A FUCKING YEAR inside Metal Sonic?

Because Tyson did. I can't stop laughing. What a wonderful series.

16. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Okay this made me laugh out loud. Cheers for this. And the heads up about this new short also!

Yeah potentially the best one they've done so far. Congrats Tyson that was amazing. Lovely portrayal of Amy and just a cute and endearing story for her just in time for Christmas. Also maybe I'm just reading in to things here but that (absolutely beautiful) Mushroom Hill transition in to the purple themed Winter Zone - that's not a hint at included zones in Mania 2 is it? I don't think that was Ice Cap Zone. It looked like a fully original new Winter Zone to me. A hint of what's to come? Probably not and just wishful thinking.

That said Mania sold over a million at light speed and had so much love and adoration from fans and critics - Sega aren't going to be oblivious to that hence Mania Plus and Adventures in the first place and now this surprise new short for the holidays - so I think we can reasonably expect more Mania or some kind of successor in the near future. Hopefully we'll hear something next year. Wouldn't be surprised if Team Mania hitting Japan a few months back was for their first meeting about a new game. Or at least that's what I hope.

EDIT: Read on ResetERA that JP Collision Chaos (Present) is used when Amy shows up and a Christmas remix of JP Collision Chaos (Good Future) is used when she helps Metal Sonic. Awesome callbacks.

17. Miles3298

Miles3298

This is now my favorite edition of the Collision Chaos tune. This short made me feel nice and I love it.

18. Chainspike

Chainspike

Stealing rings since 1994 Member
    Death Egg Zone
    S3C Delta
    It's most certainly Ice Cap zone, unless you mean something else. I apologize for the crude illustration:
    [​IMG]

19. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    what I want to know is, Why was Amy on Angel Island?

And did anyone esle find it odd that a Tropical island has snow, outside of Ice Cap zone?

20. Antheraea

Antheraea

Bug Hunter Member
    hahahahah that is deliciously dark!

Japan gets snow and it is entirely a set of islands...snow is a big thing in culture even.

I loooooved this, it is super cute and precious and I really like how...nice it is. Wish we got a whole move of this instead :v: