don't click here

Sonic Mania Adventures

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by LukyHRE, Mar 30, 2018.

1. Retroman

Retroman

The classic art looks nice.
    Looks like it was done on the fly which explains lack of shades

2. Pengi

Pengi

3. LukyHRE

LukyHRE

The only one who has a Portal-themed avatar Member
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Bitching and complaining about my country -.-'
    Rejoice! Starting tomorrow, they are gonna release five music remixes from Sonic Mania Adventures.

No doubt Big Arms is gonna be in there, as some people has been speculated!

4. Thunder Bro

Thunder Bro

That's excellent news! I wonder which other tracks they plan on releasing?

5. TheOcelot

TheOcelot

Scooty Puff Jr sucks! Member
    Oh wow, that's awesome. I hope they include the Collision Chaos (Present) remix from Ep6 as well as the Big Arm remix from Ep5. Also, how about the Angel Island remix from Ep1.

6. minichapman

minichapman

I'd like to think I'll be imparting words of wisdo Member
    United Kingdom
    Staying sane.
    Here it is, folks.

[YouTube]http://youtu.be/M2HNh9W-bhU[/YouTube]

7. McAleeCh

McAleeCh

Oldbie
    Awesome remix - glad they're releasing some of the Mania Adventures soundtrack in some form. Am I right that this is extended compared to the version in the series, or is my memory faulty? Been a while since I last saw the episode in question.

Either way, counting the seconds until someone makes a Mania Plus mod which changes the music to this as soon as Metal Sonic transforms into his giant form, haha. ; )

8. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Utterly delicious remix.

There are one or two specific bits I'm hoping they release as part of this group of tracks, and this one was number 1 on the list!

9. TheOcelot

TheOcelot

Scooty Puff Jr sucks! Member
    This sounds fantastic. Can't wait to hear more Tee & Jun collaborations (inluding their work on TSR's soundtrack).

Yep. This is an extended version of the remix from Mania Adventures Ep5

10. Fadaway

Fadaway

Being an animator, and a fan of good animation, I should have seen this by now. I just watched #6. It is the best thing ever. This is so freaking good. Fuck.

11. Endgame

Endgame

Formerly The Growler Member
  12. rata

rata

Argentina
    Trying to be useful somehow.
    I'm sticking with the one from Generations, it gets really heavy in some parts. \m/

13. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    They're both great imo, but you can tell the generations one was designed for an actual boss fight vs this one which feels more cinematic

14. Gestalt

Gestalt

Sphinx in Chains Member
    The instruments sound epic, but also modest. Less synth, more real instruments?

15. Sonic Hachelle-Bee

Sonic Hachelle-Bee

Taking a Sand Shower Tech Member
    Lyon, France
    Sonic 2 Long Version
  16. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    Random AF thought. If Sonic 3 were never split, would Big Arms still exist or would we be attributing this to Egg Robo 2.0?

17. Sid Starkiller

Sid Starkiller

Virginia, USA
    Paying off student loans
    Since S3K removed that fight for Sonic and Tails, I doubt it. I've also wondered if the Super Emeralds would have existed.

18. Endgame

Endgame

Formerly The Growler Member
    I was thinking of mentioning this as a seperate thread actually. It would have been whether we should consider Hyper Sonic to be truly canon or not - along with some pros and cons to go with it.

Hyper Sonic is a fantastic by-product of the splitting-and-merging of a single game; quite unique in its own right!

19. Plorpus

Plorpus

Hog Blue So What Member
    Iizuka's said that Hyper Sonic was just a bonus they added for S3&K and isn't canon.

20. Pengi

Pengi

Yeah, Iizuka's said a couple of times that the Super Emeralds were a direct result of the game being split in two, and each individual game (Sonic 3 and S&K) having their own set of 7 Special Stages.

I think the bigger question is how/whether the difficulty balance would have been different, if you only needed to collect 7 emeralds in such a big game. Would there have been fewer Special Rings? And would Launch Base Zone still have served as a mid-point in the Death Egg plot? Would Mushroom Hill Zone (and its pushover Act 1 boss) have been more difficult?

Anyway, the remix of the Big Arm (singular, not plural, Sonic Youtube!) song is rather excellent. My mind always associated it with Knuckles' fight against Mecha Sonic more than anything else - which is the homage Sonic Mania Adventures was probably going for!