don't click here

Spoiler-free Sonic Mania discussion thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Overlord, Aug 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BtCE

BtCE

Somebody mentioned, in the original thread, the discovery of some game-breaking bugs with a review copy. I wonder if they are related? While I have a Switch, I'm gonna hold out for the PC version, I guess.

2. Fred

Fred

Taking a break Oldbie
    Portugal
    Sonic 3 Unlocked
    And I could fault them for having inept quality control on the PC space any other day, but turns out that's not why I'm angry right now.

3. RankoChan

RankoChan

I'm bored, k? Member
    Some random RPG project.
    This is pretty annoying news considering I bought a Steam copy so I could play while waiting for my PS4 CE to arrive (Amazon's not shipping untill after the release date for me).

4. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    This is a goddamn 2D Sonic game that would have been capable running on the Saturn. Sonic 1 isn't too far off from what this is supposed to be!!!!!!!!

Consider the ball dropped as fuck. I'm done with this fucking franchise. We waited how long for this and what was supposed to be a glorious moment 23 years later and we get shat upon.

Big steaming pile O poo poo. This is just piss poor.

5. Laura

Laura

Brightened Eyes Member
    I'm not going to go all debbie downer, I think this game will still be amazing.

But the fact the game isn't optimised for PC correctly (apparently) is a worrying sign of incompetence. I cannot comprehend how someone could develop a pixel-art game that can't run on PC.

I'm hopeful (and certain) the game will be great, but if the game is bad then Sonic is dead forever. He'll never recover from it.

I hope SEGA know what they are doing xD

6. Jelq God

Jelq God

Dude, seriously. Chill out.

7. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    Back to Sonic Time Twisted....it only has a couple bugs that are easily forgivable.

I'm just so torn up inside right now.

I'm on the brink of diving head first into the spoilers and let them consume me from within.

8. LukyHRE

LukyHRE

The only one who has a Portal-themed avatar Member
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Bitching and complaining about my country -.-'
    Same. It's quite funny. I know the game is still coming out on other platforms, but this is a big fuck you to all the hype I gained all this time.

What a way to ruin a never-before-seen hype, guys. Sonic cycle all over again.

Also, if they think that giving away fucking Sonic 1 as "an apology" is gonna work, then they are fucking retarded. It's not even the Taxman version.

9. amphobius

amphobius

doing more important things with my life Member
    life
    itt: people get unreasonably mad because game gets delayed to ensure it isn't broken on release on one platform

10. SonKnuck

SonKnuck

The Lazy Guy Oldbie
    Quebec
    DBZ Re-enactment and LPs on Youtube
    ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?! The 29th happens to be the day I GO BACK TO WORK! I took my vacation in August specially to be ready for Mania, and now THAT happens? I was already having a hard time avoiding spoilers... FUCK MY FUCKING LIFE! Guess I'll go spend money I don't have on the PS4 version now, so I can actually get it on the 15th.

FOR FUCK'S SAKE! FOUR DAYS PRIOR. WHAT KIND OF SHIT JOKE IS THIS!?

11. Anyone saying it would run on a Saturn have zero hardware knowledge. Probably not even Dreamcast would run it properly.

And if the hypothesis of game-breaking bugs being found said in another thread is true, I prefer to play it weeks later when it's fixed than having something borderline unplayable at rlease, just waiting for a hotfix patch.

12. ... aaannd I'm back.

Yep this is fucking shit. It's going to be literally impossible to not see spoilers for the next 2 weeks now.

Imo, they should have delayed every port. Pretty unfair if you ask me.

13. Fred

Fred

Taking a break Oldbie
    Portugal
    Sonic 3 Unlocked
    Let me guess, you're getting one of the console versions.

14. Dissent

Dissent

@SailsSez on Twitter Member
    As much as this sucks for those of us without a second option, I have immense respect for Sega for making this tough decision. The common Internet consensus about buggy release messes is "Just delay it until it's finished" and they're actually going to do that. The circumstances are a bit different because of leaks and consoles getting it earlier, but still. This was the proper route to take to avoid the stigma of a Sonic game coming out bad/broken.

15. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    They probably found a game-breaking bug on PC that had to be patched and they couldn't fix it in time with a day-one patch.

16. Not only did they delay it, but they unboxed the CE. Good job guys, just saved me $50 as I cancelled my order for the PC CE.

17. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    You should all be fortunate there's even a PC release coming. Remember a few years ago when they'd only release stuff on consoles only and not the PC until so many years after? Sonic 4 comes to mind.

18. amphobius

amphobius

doing more important things with my life Member
    life
    PC actually, but thanks for being an assuming prick

It's a video game, if it's broken, get it fixed, I don't care, I have other things I can do

19. I think most of us without consoles are more concerned about spoilers galore for the next few weeks, rather than the actual date being put back

20. /dev/sr0

/dev/sr0

"It sure would be embarrassing if a leaker got 12 game overs in a row while streaming."

Savage as fuck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.