don't click here

Spoiler-free Sonic Mania discussion thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Overlord, Aug 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    A heads-up, guys: given the game is now out on all formats and has been for over a week, I'm going to lock it at some point in the next few days. Now's the time to wind up conversation here and/or take it to the main Mania thread.

2. Kudos for keeping this a spoiler free zone while we waited, it was fun, and will be remembered

3. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Seconded. Wonderful idea for a thread Overlord, and this place was a godsend as a safe haven for us lowly Steam users. Allowed me to participate on Retro whilst evading spoilers so I'm thankful it was here.

As High Fidelity said it will be fondly remembered. So kudos man also.

4. big smile

big smile

Oldbie
    I would like to say thanks for this thread too. Even though I have the game now, I still appreciate it as I have yet to beat the game and so am still avoiding spoilers.

Regarding the sleep issue: It does seem to be a problem with the 5th Zone, once the 5th Zone is cleared, the issue goes away (Although I've yet to play past the 6th Zone).

I've also downloaded some Switch demos and they don't have the problem.

I notice that home menu issue has been widely reported, but no one has mentioned the sleep issue. Is there a way to make the team aware of it? It would horrible if it was missed out of the patch, especially as it is a big deal.

5. Overlord

Overlord

Long-term happiness
    Can't take credit for the idea (that was Cooljerk) but no problem - I'm pleased those who wanted to were able to keep themselves pure even with the additional 2 weeks you had to dodge spoilers for. :)

6. big smile

big smile

Oldbie
    Is it just me, or does Mania on the Switch have more graphical glitches in Dock mode. On certain stages, things such as clipping lines occur. Sorry if this has been mentioned before. I've tried searching for other cases, but it's hard to do so without seeing spoilers.

7. winterhell

winterhell

Do you have a picture? Are those lines on the outer edge of the screen, or on individual tiles/sprites?

8. big smile

big smile

Oldbie
    Strangely enough when I take a photo using the Switch's capture function, it's fine.

However, I've fiddle with some of the Switch's settings for TV mode and it looks a lot better.

9. Overlord

Overlord

Long-term happiness
    And at this point, I'm locking the thread. Thanks for playing!

Main Mania thread: http://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?showtopic=35709

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.