don't click here

Spoiler-free Sonic Mania discussion thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Overlord, Aug 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    So it's been suggested that until a good time after Mania launch (say a week or so) it'd be a good idea to have a guaranteed spoiler-free thread. So, here it is!

Here's the deal. We all know there's Mania spoilers online now. If you MUST post about them, do it in the main thread, and use spoiler tags. If you post any in here, spoiler tags or not, you will get an instant 1-week suspension at best - more, if I think you're doing it deliberately. You've been warned.

Everyone happy? Those saving themselves: go!

2. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

NotEqual Tech, Inc - VR & Game Dev Oldbie
    Just refreshed previous topic, and bailed at precisely the right time, haha.

3. Lapper

Lapper

Lappering Tech Member
    England
    Sonic Studio, Sonic Physics Guide, Kyle & Lucy, Freedom Planet 2
    That warning message was almost scary!
    Thanks for notifying. No doubt I'll probably get them in some of my various feeds anyway.

4. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    Oh man, so now I have to give up the Internet for 5 days. YouTube will suggest every goddamn thing about Mania till there's nothing left to surprise me with.

5. So the spoilers have finally come out, huh. Good thing my internet is going down relatively soon since the bill didn't get paid :v:

I'll have a mobile hotspot so I can download the game when my collector's edition arrives (if it does before my Internet comes back up, that is-still no delivery date on my order :argh: )

6. NioZero

NioZero

ConcepciĆ³n, Chile
    Tornado Sky Fighters
    I bought this joystick specifically to play this game. The good news is that Tuesday i don't work because is holiday in my country (some religious festivity that i don't care really)...

Nothing can be more perfect...

7. Laura

Laura

Brightened Eyes Member
    Use incognito for Youtube, that's what I've been doing for the last four days. It minimises the chance of ruining anything.

Or, just go off the internet for five days. That's what I'm going to do :v: . There's loads of games you could play within that time. I've actually gone dark for the last four days, just came here to check my messages and saw that there's a Maniapocolypse xD .

Thought it would be fun to make a worried post :v:

8. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

DON'T TRUST THIS MAN Member
    I think everyone who get spoiled from here on in needs to post "OH NO" and leave the thread for good. Let's see how many people are left by the time the game launches. :v:

9. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    Shit has just gotten real!

After contemplating until I worried myself sick, I've chosen not to spoil myself this time around. I spoiled myself with Sonic 4 and I won't this time. I want to experience it FRESH as I have not been able to do this since 1994....and even then I somehow ended up renting S3&K as I don't think they rented S&K separately at the time, so I saw Doomsday Zone before I was supposed to. FUCK, this is difficult!

The thing is, I also need to stay off Youtube and turn off the notifications on my phone.

This is such an exciting time, but I may even bow out of Sonic Retro completely until I've gotten or at least made my best attempt to get through the game until I get stopped by Mania's version of the Carnival Night Barrel. You know they are going to through in a tid-bit of something this frustrating...just because. I need to see if I can get through it first.

EDIT: Deleting the YouTube app was easier. I was too afraid! I'll get it back next week.....and then I realized there's FACEBOOK.

10. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Fighting against the Unitary State of Europe
    Thank goodness we have this thread though I do wonder what we can talk about. I suppose I can ask at bare minimum how many zones are in the game.

And yeah avoiding Youtube is gonna have to be a must, already had some shit spoiled for me that was released a few days ago.

11. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

DON'T TRUST THIS MAN Member
    Any idea if rules are going to be enforced in the Sonic Retro Discord? I'm a bit afraid to step in there now as any news or leak tends to get posted pretty quick there!

12. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    I honestly wish that I even avoided all of the officially released content thus far, but I'm sure there's much more beyond what we've seen to be pleasantly surprised by. But yeah, I may also forego the internet until Tuesday, just to be sure.

13. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    Up until I get my hands on the game I guess I'll be staying in this thread, then. I've been wanting to know stuff about the game but I can wait until it goes live on Steam.

At least, I think I can wait... :ohdear:

14. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    This is officially the SONIC MANIA BUNKER!

I've directed all Facebook traffic to go through my husband until further notice. I'm taking this seriously. I am ok with the officially released content, but the funny thing is that I'm afraid to even look for the August 14th trailer until I've played a bit of the game to avoid seeing other things pop up by accident.

This is the Sonic Community and unfortunately leaks happen and they happen big with us.

15. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Ah-hah, a safe haven! Thanks Overlord! Refreshed the other thread at the exact right time, saw the spoiler apocalypse and I've never closed a tab so fast, lol.

I'll probably frequent this thread then, but I am so out of the other one. I can wait just a few more days and hope to be pleasantly surprised.

16. raiongame

raiongame

I'm so scared guys. I'm mostly scared of myself, can I be trusted not to peek at spoilers before Tuesday? I have a problem.

Help! I need support!

Just going to bury my head in my Sonic Mania tshirt and cry myself to sleep.

17. MontiP

MontiP

"Tylerfoxorwhatever? I barely know her!" Member
    Chile
    There are Sonic Mania spoilers right now? Like in Youtube, Facebook or any other kind of social media?

18. raiongame

raiongame

Yes.

19. MontiP

MontiP

"Tylerfoxorwhatever? I barely know her!" Member
    Chile
    Well, glad I haven't watched any Sonic Mania related thing on Youtube in a while, since I don't see anything on my recommendations.

20. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    There's a dedicated spoiler sub-channel which is probably the best we can do, to be honest. Just hope that people aren't dicks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.