don't click here

General Project Screenshot/Video Thread

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Tweaker, Jun 26, 2008.

1. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

[​IMG]

It hasn't been forgotten.

2. Awesome. Really looking forward for this one, in part because of the comic effect of seeing poor Cream victim of the same abuse Tails had to endure. XD

3. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Fighting against the Unitary State of Europe
    Your art skills are always top notch E-122-Psi but I kinda wish you didn't use the same poses that Sonic and Tails use. It would be better in my mind to have Amy and Cream to a back on back pose, a bit like this.

[​IMG]

Obviously not exactly like this but maybe experiment with a fist and wave pose as well.

4. This is the final version--the graphics speaks for itself...

[​IMG]

I am now deciding considering adding more frames to the rings, emeralds, and star medal for smoother transitions. However, the design concept and palette is final.

5. Selbi

Selbi

The Euphonic Mess Member
    Northern Germany
    Sonic ERaZor
    It's the opposite for me. I like when concept conversions of something still have the charm of the original. That said, I'd say it's fine as it is.

And Neo, You have no idea how much I love your Special Stage art...

6. Zycor

Zycor

Unlike Sonic, I don't chuckle. Member
    Beats me.
    I still think some of those look a bit dark compared to the others. Mostly the second row. The bumper looks fine, but the other ones on that row don't look like they fit in with the rest of the special stage stuff.

7. Someone else previously questioned me about the shading on some of the blocks, and I believe I do need to take heed of such suggestions for the sake of improved visual appeal.

8. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

Original, No substitute Resident Jester
    Japan
    As some of you know, I picked up a Mega CD, and here's why!

[​IMG]

9. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    That's a pretty nifty feature to include, Markey. :)

Also, good to see Amy in Sonic 2 is still alive E-122. I agree about the possibility of a more unique pose for the title.

10. Probably a stupid question, but I grew up with the Super Nintendo so I wouldn't know...

I know that the 32x and SegaCD/MegaCD were both add-ons to the original Genesis/MegaDrive, but is it possible for a game to use both of them at once? I doubt there was a commercial game that did that, considering you would need so many parts and pieces to run it at it's best, but considering most emulators are capable of running games off all three, can a game be made that uses all three components at once?

11. vladikcomper

vladikcomper

Tech Member
    Sonic Warped
    [​IMG]

12. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Very neat, but question - why would you ever pick no to this question? =P

13. Herm the Germ

Herm the Germ

Hmm, not bad. Well done, doctor! Member
    Dresden, Saxony, Germany
    MIDI-to-SMPS-conversions, mostly. Takin' requests, too.
    In this instance at least, I'd imagine it would be for beta-testing purposes. :V
    I can imagine that routine otherwise being sorta used like how some games even these days behave differently if they notice something's there that unlocks things? =B Like, "if Mega CD is present, do extended awesomeness, else limited awesomeness". :B

14. Tribeam

Tribeam

I code Lua and Lua accessories Member
    Another random this I'm doing:
    [​IMG]

15. Caverns 4

Caverns 4

Sonic: Retold
    Because the Sega CD's "full motion video" was just fantastic. They really know how to put that hardware to good use. </sarcasm>

also, just because what I'm saying doesn't contribute much to anything, I'll just tack a screenshot here:
    [​IMG]

16. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

The conveyor lifts garner my interest. Given Wood Zone was so empty, it's nice when projects try to add new gimmicks and obstacles to their attempts at remaking it.

I might suggest having the lifts use a different art from the main platform itself.

17. [​IMG]

Almost finished this art editor, it's for the art format I'm using in my port of Sonic 1 to 32X for player art. Allows the use of a 256-colour palette shared among all 32X sprites. (Although I only use Sonic's standard palette right now)
    Saving and loading of art in the correct format, and the palette data is fully implemented, I just need to add an image importer (bitmap) and then import all of Sonic's animation frames, and then I'll have Sonic rendered by the 32X VDP.

18. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Oh I like the looks of this. I support anything that progresses cosmetic editing of more games.

19. Don't tell me you back at it -- is this a new upcoming editor in the making?

20. Tribeam

Tribeam

I code Lua and Lua accessories Member

The old code was a mess, and .net, which is slow, now im using love2d, a program that allows you to make games(or editors) in pure lua code. which is much faster, less memory, and easy to use graphical features. (it would be cross platform if the command line tool for decompressing files wasnt windows only).
    This new editor allows dragging, zooming, palette editing, disasm project load/save, which allows to edit multiple levels(even bluesphere chunks), selection drag, line draw, free draw, circle draw, ect