don't click here

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Discussion

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Chimpo, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    ^ Ya it's kinda strange. Play a level and quit, once you have access to the world map you can play episode Metal.
    Ehhhh idk. Kind of hoping Sonic 4 is dead. Go start a Sonic 5, but it better be done in a vastly different direction than Sonic 4. Go ahead and use the Death Egg Mk II if you like, but still. Dimps has got to go, as well as the crappy music direction.

Oh and no more episodic bs and characters that can be played as on their own kthnxbi,

2. 1stKirbyever

1stKirbyever

Finish Zone 1 Act 1, go to the menu and it should be unlocked. Episode: Metal isn't stand-alone DLC it's just a secondary area on the World Map of Episode II.

EDIT: Ninja'd

3. Oh, okay. I assumed it'd be a stand-alone thing on Steam for some reason.

4. Conando

Conando

Is not, in fact, Raphael Member
    Lynn, MA
    MarioMedia.net FTP
    I had the same issue with my PSN version. I think you need a game save (doesn't even need to be played, really) of Episode I.

5. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    You can press the "select zone" key on the map. Highlight the sylvania castle icon and press Q! Should work.

6. After playing Ep 1 for a moment then going back to Ep 2 it popped up.

I could have sworn I saw a screenshot of Episode Metal on it's own in someone's Steam library when the leak occurred, but I guess it was just a really lame dream I had about reading about Sonic message boards. :(

[​IMG]

What's the deal with the question marks under Dr. Eggman's name? Is he a man of MYSTERY?

It would have been nice if they put the name Ivo Robotnik there instead of question marks.

7. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Aww man that means some of the Speed Shoes themes are still missing. Oh well.

So wait if its exactly the same, that mysterous sfx ending and 'TO BE CONTINUED' asset should still be in there along with the red spotlight.

8. ezodagrom

ezodagrom

Looks like it's possible to force anti-aliasing for Nvidia graphics cards in the PC version of Episode 2 afterall. I don't have an Nvidia graphics card myself, so I can't test this, but someone in the Guru3D forums mentioned that this works for Sonic 4 Episode 2.

First thing, the tool Nvidia Inspector is needed:
    http://download.orbmu2k.de/download.php?id=51

When you open Nvidia inspector, next to the driver version tab, there's a little icon with the screwdriver and a wrench, click on it.
    After that, follow the steps in the picture:

[​IMG]

1: Select the game executable, it should be located in steam\steamapps\common\sonic the hedgehog 4 - ep 2, and then it's the file Sonic.exe.
    2: Write 0x000012C1 in the Antialiasing compatibility option.
    3: Set the Behaviour Flags to None.
    4: Change the Antialiasing mode to Override.
    5: Pick the Antialiasing setting you want (I don't have an nvidia graphics card, so no idea what options it has).
    6: Click in Apply Changes.

9. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    They aren't "missing". Stages that don't have Speed Shoes songs don't have the power-up in them anyway.

10. Titan

Titan

UK
    The Red Rings don't do anything? What kind of bullshit is that? I'm so tired of the obsession with achievements now, it should not be a replacement for, you know, the GAME actually rewarding you by unlocking something. Absolutely inexcusable.

11. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    I haven't finished this game yet, but gosh darn it's a lot better than Episode 1. Marginally better music, marginally better level design, MUCH better physics.

But the + - Metal Sonic fight in White Park   was bullshit, particularly + - that ground break move that kills you if you don't know in advance to jump.  

12. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    I don't know what brilliant bastard thought up of the level design for Sky Fortress Acts 2 and 3, but I only have one thing to say.

Thank you. Best stages in the game, full stop. That is the sprucing up Wing Fortress Zone deserved.

13. minichapman

minichapman

I'd like to think I'll be imparting words of wisdo Member
    United Kingdom
    Staying sane.
  14. FeliciaVal

FeliciaVal

Spain
    uh weird? I'm downloading it fine...

15. FlackoWeasel

FlackoWeasel

Blue cheese lover! Member
    It shows only purcase to me.

16. Kogen

Kogen

Derp Banned
    Bouvet Island
    Last Party on the Moon
    I beat the game and never once thought about the physics; that is different! I am sure they have issues, but it felt entirely natural. CO-OP also adds a lot despite being wonky. And the animations of Tails sleeping with ear twitches and Metal Sonic using a rocket to balance on the edge of a platform were A+. The only part of the game that felt bad was the boss fight in Sky Fortress Zone. What a lame-o set up.

Buying three Sonic games in a row that do not completely suck is strange!

PS: pro-tip, do not buy PC versions of Sonic games if you like them to work correctly.

17. I like how Oil Desert is like a combination of Oil Ocean and Dust Hill :)

Those exploding balls that they shoot at you, does anyone else think they look a bit like the scrapped ball object from S2?

http://info.sonicretro.org/File:S2ballthingy.jpg

Except it's a different colour?

18. Bartman3010

Bartman3010

Site Staff
    Maybe I'm too early, but I can't seem to find the Android "Tegra 3" version on Google Play. Does the play store update at certain times?

Also, I love these tech blog sites. They can't write reviews worth a lick.

http://www.androidcentral.com/sonic-4-episode-2-tegra-3-edition-review

19. Puto

Puto

Shin'ichi Kudō, detective. Tech Member
    Portugal, Oeiras
    Part of Team Megamix, but haven't done any actual work in ages.
    Anybody got any idea what time the european PSN usually updates?

20. Sploit

Sploit

That's pure fact there, that statement.

I have had problems in one form or another with almost every Sonic PC game I have...
    ...whether its down to installation, or how it runs, or just the fact that keyboard controls are horrible (obviously this is remedied by using a USB joypad (I got a Saturn one)...

...but still Sonic on PC rarely feels RIGHT!

I haven't bought Sonic 4 Ep. 1 on PC though, and I haven't got Episode 2 at all yet (will probably be downloading the 360 version on friday).