don't click here

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Discussion

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Chimpo, Dec 29, 2011.

1. ezodagrom

ezodagrom

Ken making excuses in the SEGA forums about the PC version rendering at 720p independently of the resolution, and in the end missing the point completely in what the users were saying in the topic... ._.

The topic where the discussion was taking place:
    http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?411044-I-have-come-to-request-a-refund-for-this-awful-and-lazy-port

2. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    This just in, Ken Balough isn't a programmer. He doesn't understand how rendering works or why everything he just said is bullshit.

3. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Which only begs the question, "why is he even making this crap up?". It's laughable, if not insulting to the intelligence of people with the slightest bit of knowledge about how this stuff works.

4. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Because most people won't know what they're talking about, and it's Ken's job to spew bs to calm the masses.

5. FeliciaVal

FeliciaVal

Spain
    ...I feel stupid now. What Ken said actually got me :(

6. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
  7. Knucklez

Knucklez

I love 2B 'n' ass. Member
    Don't worry, you're definately not the only one. I'm just disappointed on how they've conducted this situation with all the glaring problems Episode 2 has.

I give up. I seriously do. I thought they'd turn around and do as well as they did with Generations. I don't know how they screwed up this bad with such a small scale game.

8. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    Thats really really, not worth it, what kills it for me is that its a mini poster. what are we looking at? A3? A4? A5? define "mini" =/

Mabye if it was A1 or possibly A2, with some amazing high def artwork on it that will only be found on that poster, unique, but still, you'll get a 2 minute video of you being a shmuck to the world saying you brought the game 4 times lol

Man I feel bitter today haha

9. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

News about this whole Super Sonic physics thing :v:

Just got Super Sonic in Episode II, and it felt wierd. Why? Because he doesn't control exactly the same as in Episode I. One major change here is that in Episode I, spindashing then jumping and instantly trying to turn is slightly different. Episode II actually gives the player MORE control over which way they want to go now literally instantly which is even weirder than Episode I's physics.

Here's a small comparison I took the liberty of drawing for you. Spent a good five minutes testing it, but not that I needed to. I've played Episode I for AT LEAST 100 hours, both iPod and Wii. Yes, I am incredibly sad.
    [​IMG]

Now still think what you like. I'm open to tech members explaining their side, but can't be arsed to listen to the rest of you who want to pretend that this shit isn't intentional without any sort of basis other than Sonic Team "Forgot". Not only did they forget, they also made it worse? Whoops.

Anyway, I'm back to playing the game...

10. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    Intentional or not, I still feel that it was a stupid idea for Super Sonic to control like that (and have him de-transform when comboing w/Tails).

Also, Not that I don't believe you, but wouldn't it be easier to show people via video footage?

11. Knucklez

Knucklez

It's funny how I just attempted to spindash then jump and try turning the opposite direction in Sonic 3K as Super/Hyper Sonic, but I kept moving the same direction (even though I pressed to move the opposite direction). It will only work if you're only running and you don't spindash to begin with.

So it seems Sonic 4 introduced this Spindash>Jump>Turn capability for Super Sonic.

12. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Fighting against the Unitary State of Europe
    Your claim is baseless because you do not know for a fact that it was intentional. All you're doing is assuming by piecing together far out claims and calling it fact. Also to be dismissive to members because they're not tech members, stop being so fucking snobby. Maybe you haven't realised but you're not one either so what makes your claim and assumptions more solid than the rest of ours.

13. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    So I got the game. Beat it 100%, and played co-op for a bit (missing a few achievements but whatever). Pretty fun, as I mentioned when I played the beta. Still issues though.

I don't know why the red rings not doing anything pisses me off so much. It just does.

14. FeliciaVal

FeliciaVal

Spain
    so they don't do anything in PSN version as well? shoot.

15. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Yep. Prepare yourself Ken. The shit show is coming. I feel bad since it's not his fault but he's the one that puts himself on the front lines.

16. Knucklez

Knucklez

It looks like a what you see is what you get kind of deal here. Beta 8 was like a prescreening.

17. Felik

Felik

SO what about the ending? Did they put a cliffhanger with Knuckles or Amy there?

18. FeliciaVal

FeliciaVal

Spain
    I can't remember who said it back then on this topic, but whoever said it, it was right. Beta 8 was the real deal. No extra stuff, nothing, nada.

19. STHX

STHX

SEGAAAAAAAAA?!? Member
    The world of Trophies
    Sonic In Mushroom Kingdom
    Nothing at all so far. It just... ends.

20. Knucklez

Knucklez

No, it's like I mentioned before on here, Little Planet still needs to be saved from the Death Egg mk.II which also has yet to be destroyed.