don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Swear down, I do not want to be werehogging in rooftop run. Let us finally platform / modern sonic during the night for once! (Colours excluded)

2. Lord Nero

Lord Nero

Resident Nintendo Hater. Member
    Claymont, DE.
    Let's Plays, Work and Animation.
    If were going by Hyper Sonic, here's this, 7 Chaos Emeralds are within the story mode, going by theories made up by other members, the "Genesis" thing mentioned from the demo leaks could be a means to unlock emeralds beyond the story. Wouldnt it be funny yet at the same time cool that the extra emeralds unlocked by the Red Rings were indeed the Super Emeralds? By that standpoint, Sonic Team could keep the Super Sonic deal for last boss only, while Hyper Sonic is reserved for normal levels. Forgive me, im drunk atm, but even still, the idea would be cool as hell, and would still allow for a game breaking Sonic in normal levels, but more then likely this wont be case.

3. SomeSortOfRobot

SomeSortOfRobot

Mid-Southern US
    http://legendoflucy.com
    Fuck that.

SUPER DARKSPINE EXCALIBUR HYPERMETAL TENGA TOPPA HYPER SONIC

4. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM!?

5. How about just Super Sonic. Like it has been. For the past 10 years.

Hyper Sonic was nice and all, but since no mention of super emeralds AT ALL since S3&K, I don't think now's the time to be reconning a comeback for it. Heck, we've only JUST got Super Sonic back in every level.

Also I can't tell if you guys are trolling / joking with each other. If you are. Apologies. :P

6. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    Sonic Classic Hybrid Project
    I hope they put an end to final level Super Sonic in space after Generations, I really do!

7. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    Not if Dimps has anything to say about it :v:

8. Megane

Megane

PONY TIME Member
    Leaping through time, putting things right that once went wrong, and hoping each time that the next leap will be the leap home.
    I know the werehog was generally considered a shitty idea, but how's this for a twist? Werehog becomes a monitor, and both classic and modern Sonic can get it. Modern sonic does the God of War lite brawling, and classic Sonic's werehog gameplay is a Ristar clone, complete with swinging poles and grabbing and ramming enemies. I'd enjoy that.

9. Doesn't sound bad to me at all. I feel like the werehog is going to end up in a cut-scene.

10. Herm the Germ

Herm the Germ

Hmm, not bad. Well done, doctor! Member
    Dresden, Saxony, Germany
    MIDI-to-SMPS-conversions, mostly. Takin' requests, too.
    Yeah? Weeelll… I don't. :v:

Naw, really, I never had a problem with it, although the way Colors did it was a nice change of pace for once.
    Either way, hoping the final boss is a real climax, no matter the execution.

11. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    I was fine with how they did it in Colors -- not Super Sonic, just unlimited boost. Since you're able to dodge most enemy attacks with it anyway, it's practically the same idea but without the entire game's challenge neutered.

12. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    To be fair, ALL of Colors was in space. It's a lot less fitting when the entire game takes place grounded, and then you go into space just for the end.

13. glem3

glem3

What are we talking about? Colors Wii had no supersonic final boss. Just super sonic as an unlockable for playing through the normal stages. And the final boss was the closest to Earth of the entire game, technically.

Super Sonic in normal levels has unlimited boost, you never have unlimited boost when you aren't Super Sonic. You are not Super Sonic in the final boss, so I still have no idea what you're talking about >.<

14. Chaos Rush

Chaos Rush

AKA J.Matz Member
    Well um... this is debatable, but Super Emeralds were kinda in Sonic Adventure. Whenever a Chaos Emerald is shown, it's really small and can fit in the character's hands. However, during Tikal's flashbacks, the emeralds at the Master Emerald altar are freaking huge, they're bigger than the player characters (just fly up to one as Tails). So I'm assuming they're Super Emerald cameos :P

Also you know what I realized? HYPER SONIC HAS HAD GREEN EYES FOR EVERY APPEARANCE HE'S EVER HAD!!!one111

15. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Sorry, I meant to specify the DS version! I'm unsure who all among you has played it, but when you get all the red rings you unlock that mode and can be used in any level in the game. Although it can be used at any time when activated, it obviously can't really be gotten without having learned the levels in the first place. Given that only the last couple levels have anything even remotely like instant-death traps, the ability to boost like that doesn't feel as obnoxious as my impressions playing, say, Unleashed might suggest. Since you still run the risk of getting hit, it doesn't turn the game into complete easy mode the way super sonic in, say, S3K does, although it really helps for the S-Ranks.

In any case, what a silly fool I am for not being clearer.

16. Well that goes for any 'modern' handheld games. And I'm sure many many fingers point to a group called 'Dimps' for reason behind why every final boss has been in space and played as Super Sonic.

Personally, Handheld games have pretty much hit the definition of Sonic spot on from Sonic Advance all the way until Sonic Colours. Sure hickups along the way (Hold right to win SAdv2 (But it's still a very fun and fast game!) and the dreadful Australian 'accent' of that raccoon bitch on SRA. It's a shame, but still a possibility, but I would love to race Metal Sonic on a Rush-esque engine.

Failing that, give me the battle on SAdv1's engine. Or any for that matter, as long as it doesn't involve wisps. I'm not a huge fan of them. More of a forced gimmick.

17. Plorpus

Plorpus

Hog Blue So What Member
    So has anyone mentioned that Rooftop Run is called Rooftop Run in the Japanese version of Generations, but called Orange Roofs in the Japanese version of Unleashed?
    Demo leak: ????????
    Sonic World Adventure: ????????

Just something I found odd.

18. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

I've seen the name Orange Roofs pop up somewhere in the Generations assets for sure. Orange Roofs and White Island were the original names for Rooftop Run and Windmill Isle that both got changed outside of Japan.

EDIT: Here it is
    [​IMG]

You were probably just looking at the English versions of the file. Speaking of different languages and localisations, anyone else excited to here the various European dubs this game is getting? Spanish, French and German are confirmed, not sure about anything else. Eggman has his X VA in the German dub.

19. Kiajinn

Kiajinn

is a Badnik Battery Member
    Sleeping Egg Zone
    16 Bit: Sleeping Egg Zone (Sonic Chaos)
    Oh look we know what the Death Egg Boss is now, most likely Sonic and Knuckles Death Egg.

20. Herm the Germ

Herm the Germ

Hmm, not bad. Well done, doctor! Member
    Dresden, Saxony, Germany
    MIDI-to-SMPS-conversions, mostly. Takin' requests, too.
    On that note, I find it funny that Chikao Otsuka and Eggman's German voice actor voice the same characters in both One Piece and Sonic X/Generations. : B

Looking forward to the German dub for the whole novelty of it all. First time ever we get a German dub -- now let's hope they actually do well. Well, no worries about Eggman at least and apparently, Iizuka likes the German Eggman, too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.