don't click here

Summer of Sonic 2011!

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Nova, May 6, 2011.

1. PsychoSk8r

PsychoSk8r

PsychedelAnt | Tone Turner Oldbie
    Birmingham, UK
    30 Day Project: Revisited.A New Release!
    Red bull = Cheaper than a hotel. :D

2. Max Firestorm

Max Firestorm

Pyrodramatic Member
    You don't know how much it'll take to keep the two of us awake :v:

3. Blanche Hodapp

Blanche Hodapp

*urp* Eternal Queen
    Although I actually quite want to go, I'm having to do some serious thinking at the moment since money's still a bit tight. Right now I can afford to come to the event and eat/drink, or I can afford to book a hotel. Not to mention swapping shifts to get the weekend off means working five days in a row which I'm not sure I can face.

Basically, what I'm looking for is for one of you fine fellows to let me sleep in your <span style='color:#000000;background:#000000'>arse</span> suitcase for a night or two :V

4. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Still haven't confirmed the time off work yet, and I need to do that before booking hotel tickets =| I get the feeling I'm going to have to start pestering my boss.

5. HelenBaby

HelenBaby

You know I'll be going, as always <3

6. Scarred Sun

Scarred Sun

Be who you needed when you were younger Administrator
    Tower 8 ️
    Welp, this.
    Off to LA instead. Sorry, bros.

7. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    SS I am disappoint :(

I got my time off booked, though! Need to bug some people about where they're staying, methinks...

EDIT: Booked. =P

8. Nova

Nova

Unfortunately, due to my hours being absolutely terrible right now, I still haven't booked any form of accommodation - it'll have to wait about another week before I know what I'm doing but I'll let people know if I come across any really good deals nearby. ;)

9. Frozen Nitrogen

Frozen Nitrogen

Wouldn't the door have been easier? Wiki Sysop
    Any news, Nova? I've finally summoned the wherewithal this evening to try sorting myself out for this, but the SoS'11 site is a clusterfuck of dead-end accomodation 'advice'. And despite being a wealthy top-hat-wearing industrialist, the prospect of paying in the region of £100+ for one night accomodation does not appeal to me. :/

10. NiktheGreek

NiktheGreek

Grumpy old bastard Oldbie
    Writing for the best video game magazine in the world
    Given everything, I have also had this issue. Pay hits on Friday, so let's chattings more then.

11. Orengefox

Orengefox

Snooping as usual... Researcher
    Right in front of my computer.
    Some artwork, a ZZT game, and a hack.
    There's still a Single Ensuite Room available at the <a href="http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=13+Argyle+Street,+London+WC1H+8EJ&daddr=Camden+Centre,+London&geocode=FbRGEgMdZxz-_ykX9vfdOxt2SDFqy9Jwt_OY7A%3BFXVFEgMdPRb-_ymd53i8Oxt2SDH1_TPBIel9ew&hl=en&mra=ls&sll=51.529398,-0.123811&sspn=0.002109,0.006899&ie=UTF8&ll=51.529198,-0.125012&spn=0.002109,0.006899&z=17" target="_blank">Fairway Hotel</a> which is where Jen and I are staying. Ideal if you don't want to shovel out too much and still be close to the convention as possible. If interested, I would look into as soon as possible before it's too late.

Jen and I will be able to stick around until 8:30PM on Sunday so we'll have plenty of time to hang out with you Nova (along with anyone else who might be going to the post-SoS Retro UK Barcade Run) ;p

12. Blanche Hodapp

Blanche Hodapp

*urp* Eternal Queen
    I still haven't asked for the weekend off work!

I've to chat with my ward manager on Monday about claiming annual leave, and I may not be able to book a hotel at this late stage...

13. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    Remember how SEGA couldn't use Cinossu's decent logo because it wasn't their official work and that they were going to produce a new logo?

Here you go...
    [​IMG]

14. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
  15. Max Firestorm

Max Firestorm

Pyrodramatic Member
  16. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Really good year for Sonic events eh?

Seriously, securing Yuji Naka and Takashi Iizuka for two separate events in two separate countries is outstanding.

17. [​IMG]

HOLY HELL. You guys did it.

YOU ACTUALLY DID IT. Got them to show up at the convention!

...I'll go cry myself to sleep tonight knowing I can't make it there and meet them.

18. Sploit

Sploit

I don't have a ticket but I am going and hoping to get in :v:

19. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Protip: Don't talk to Naka too much about Sonic. I mentioned cars to him (like Ferraris, Aston Martins, etc.) and his face lit up more.

You know, the whole rule about not talking to a famous person about what made them famous. Naka's a huge bro if you can approach him right. Talking about Prope may help too.

20. Neowl

Neowl

feels good man Member
    London, England
    SAIL HATAN
    As I'm living in London again, count me in, providing I can get into the event (had no way to book a ticket when registration was open). Also, if I ask nicely, I'm fairly sure I can sort out a bed for one person on the night of the 25th, for anyone who wants to do the Barcade Run. If any one is interested in the bedspace, PM me sooner rather than later, so I can get the all clear from my Grandfather.

I look forward to seeing you all at SoS :)