don't click here

Sonic 4 Genesis Edition

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by StephenUK, Mar 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    Since that worked so well with Sonic 2 HD and whatever the piece of shit Chimpo was working on?

2. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    Except that here we'd be talking about him asking for help to other people rather than "lol community project". In the end it's him who has the final say and even asks what to do, while with S2HD you have people arguing about whether something looks good or not in their opinion and get stuck there. Here you wouldn't have to please everybody, just StephenUK =P

3. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Yeah this isn't a "lol community project" hez just friends helping a injured friend.

4. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

Original, No substitute Resident Jester
    Japan
    Ooooh geez, why do I never see these threads when important issues arise?

Sorry to hear about your hand, How was it damaged if you don't mind me asking? Because it sounds pretty damn serious too. Well I hope it gets better at a sooner rate, I couldn't begin to imagine what it'd be like to not have a functional hand (especially the main working hand), let alone the pain that comes with it.

5. Blue Emerald

Blue Emerald

Teleportation, yeah! Member
    TBD
    That's what happened.

6. OrdosAlpha

OrdosAlpha

Who's next!? Oldbie
    Punching lampposts instead of darkies.

7. MegaDash

MegaDash

Pinpricks Member
    Off
    Fuck, man. Just, holy fuck.

Must've been one hell of a temper. Sorry, man, and get well soon. I can't imagine what's it like.

8. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    Dammit. The bump of this thread made me think there was going to be some kind of update. >_>

9. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    No offense, but that was kind of a stupid move bro. just an opinion but you should read the dates next time.

BUT since this topic has been drudged up from the dead, how have you been StephenUK? hows the hand treating you?

10. MegaDash

MegaDash

Pinpricks Member
    Off
    My apologies. It was late, and I somehow happened upon this thread.

11. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    It's probably going to be a while for stuff to be implemented because the game isn't out yet. Yes, maybe someone could be dicking around with the PartnerNet version and creating SECRET HACKING TOOLS to do something with the level layout and art, which could then be easily recreated in game.

The only side that I know is progressing is the music side, since I've done like 3 tracks already and there's more to go. =P

12. StephenUK

StephenUK

Liquor in the front, poker in the rear Tech Member
    Manchester, UK
    Quackshot Disassembly
    My hand is still pretty sore at times, but I've been told there's nothing that can be done about it. I've got to keep the plates in for life because it's apparantly a complicated operation for them to be removed to fix the twisting in my finger, so my fingers will never be right again. Aside from that, I've got quite a lot going on at the moment, trying to come up with £24,000 for a deposit on a house, while still trying to pay £800 a month in rent and bills where I'm living at the moment, so I've not had a lot of free time recently. At some point I will get this going again, but I'm not in any rush to get back to it. Some things are just more important.

13. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    And thus most fangames tragically never get finished. :v:

Sorry about that, by the way, I forgot to mention the lamppost mishap when I linked to this thread. If I'd thought about it, I might have had the sense to warn you that even the most recent posts were extremely out-of-date.

14. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    No rush. after all, sonic 4 ep I isn't even out yet and the only way to get any sort of layout of the game is through an complete but outdated beta.

Hopefully things are in a better place for you once S4E1 is out. Sorry about your hand btw.

15. Lodmot

Lodmot

USA
    Xtremely Sonic Engine
    Sonic 4 comes out in just a week for the consoles, and it's already out for the iPhone and iPod touch, so I highly doubt his hand will be back to normal that soon.

But take it easy man, there's no rush. I'll wait for you and when you feel ready, give me a buzz. I'd love to help out on this game. ^^

16. MegaDash

MegaDash

Pinpricks Member
    Off
    Hmm, yeah, you've got a lot on your plate. Don't worry about the fan game, there's plenty more to keep us crazy kooks busy. Good luck with the house and apartment payments, and hopefully you might end up with a fully restored hand some time in the future.

17. Eric Wright

Eric Wright

Born into this. Oldbie
    to continue what I was gonna say in the other thread I had made;

I'm not knocking StephenUK's effort at all, but there's a reason I said Team Megamix (tweaker, I know you're somewhere reading this eventually), stealth, and all the other names that are gradually fading from my memory after the years that have gone by ... Sonic Megamix was straight-up brilliant, and I genuinely believe those same guys could compile a genesis version of Sonic 4 that would be good enough to be considered a commercial release. I know all this shit is really just a side-hobby for people, and they have lives outside the internet (same reason I'm so out of touch with Sonic... or pretty much anything online, in pop-culture, and whatever else lately), but god damn it would be awesome to play Sonic 4 as the game we should have gotten 15 years ago.

18. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    You do know that there are other teams out there which can do the same? Look further. To be honest, StephenUK is just going at his own pace and once there's more resources for Sonic 4 available, then stuff will get done. In fact, I'm already working on two tracks for this hack tonight.

19. Nibble

Nibble

Oldbie
    There's no doubt that a lot of the people around here are capable of making something grand; the problem comes when you try to make something with the explicit goal of "being better than Sonic Team". Instead of trying to be better than them, it's best to just focus on making a great game. And besides that, before Sonic 4 was announced there were a million and one fangames with "Sonic 4" in the title. I'd rather see something more original, personally.

Not that I'm trying to bash the hack in this topic—this project is more about a Genesis conversion than something completely new.

20. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    I'm sure there's many people who would rather pay for a Genesis version that feels like a true sequel, rather than getting one of the official versions. I really hope somebody finishes this project.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.