don't click here

Sonic & SEGA All Stars Racing

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Diablohead, May 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. synchronizer

synchronizer

I don't have the Batman game, and never will. Not interested. I don't think that's an excuse for PS3 users being subjected to unnecessarily long waits for content already released on the Xbox Live Marketplace.

2. Kurosan

Kurosan

Samurai of Gaming Oldbie
    Not to mention that that's irrelevant. There's no relationship between ASR and AA.

3. Clutch

Clutch

It was a dark and stormy night... Member
    If I recall, Brutal Legend's DLC is much cheaper on the PS3. The pendulum swings both ways.

4. corneliab

corneliab

Way to strain your brain on that one, even just an ounce. :psyduck:

The obvious point, as Clutch put it, is that the pendulum swings both ways. Both companies get the edge on the other for different things. Be lucky that, in this case, you're guaranteed to get your DLC soon. As Arkham Asylum exemplifies, if could be worse (to add on to this example, Sony also secured the rights to distribute the majority of the DLC for that game exclusively on the PSN in North America).

Send a link my way if you can, because I'm almost positive that's not true.

5. So what does 560 Microsoft points mean in grown-up money?

6. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

NotEqual Tech, Inc - VR & Game Dev Oldbie
    Not to get off topic, but it's a fantastic game. One of the best I played last year.

Anywho, has there been any word on any other DLC characters coming out? I'd just about shit my pants if Shion/Hu-Man/Tom-Tom/Wonderboy were included.

7. Conando

Conando

Is not, in fact, Raphael Member
    Lynn, MA
    MarioMedia.net FTP
    7 USD. Kind of hefty.

8. BlazeHedgehog

BlazeHedgehog

A "Community Enigma"? Oldbie
    More than "kind of". That's more than some stand-alone XBLA games cost. Even the Halo 3 map packs were $10 for three maps.

$7 for one track and one racer is highway robbery.

9. Kurosan

Kurosan

Samurai of Gaming Oldbie
    That would be blaming it on karma, which obviously isn't how things work. Arkham Asylum was advertised with the premise that Joker was a PS3 exclusive, which they made sure to make very clear, as seen below:
    [​IMG]
    Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing was advertised with the premise that Banjo and Avatars were 360 exclusives and Miis were exclusive to the Wii, with the PS3 having nothing special. THAT is like the Joker thing, if you really want to compare those two unrelated games. They didn't advertise ASR with lines such as "BONUS: Get downloadable content later for absolutely no good reason even though it's already ready for publishing!".

Actually, I'd like some clarification here. Is that really a $7 pack containing both Metal Sonic and Death Egg Zone, or do they both cost $7 separately?

10. MKAmeX

MKAmeX

California
    Needlemouse, Sonic Boom, Graphic Design
    It's both together.

Also I've been playing as Metal Sonic all day and I love it. Now if we can only get some Vector-Man in here...

11. corneliab

corneliab

You know what, I'm glad you have to wait. You're taking this much too seriously.

12. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    Kurosan's complaints hold more water when you consider that the online player base will likely have shrunk by the 22nd.
    It's also got things that look like combine ball launchers and a bunch of glowing blue lines everywhere. Just sticking a few random characters there doesn't make it look any more like Death Egg.

13. Kurosan

Kurosan

Samurai of Gaming Oldbie
    As opposed to you with your whole "YOU GUYS DESERVE IT CUZ WE DIDNT GET JOKER" thing? Give me a break, you're making it way too personal. You seem like you hold a grudge against PS3 owners in general for things they're not responsible for, as if this kind of thing justifies stuff you missed out on. I have a 360 and I could have got the 360 version of ASR if I'd wanted to, but it turns out that I don't care much for Banjo and Kazooie or Avatars and I don't play online games enough to want to pay for that, so the PS3 version was the obvious choice for me; that's why I bought my console in the first place, so that I could enjoy the few exclusives I was interested in and have to ability to choose between various versions.

Oh great; still kind of expansive, but I was afraid I'd have to pay twice. How does Metal handle, what with him being both fast and a hovering character, by the way? I really hope I can enjoy playing as him, but the other hovering characters don't seem to be my thing. Is he hard to keep going in a straight line?

14. GT Koopa

GT Koopa

Elgin, IL
    Flicky Turncoat DX, T.L.W.S. Vs M.G.W.
    [​IMG]
    Coming next on the DLC, THE RETRO TRACKS PACK.

15. FeliciaVal

FeliciaVal

Spain
    actually I was thinking the same when I downloaded it XD for me it was kinda odd not having Metal Sonic in this game since in Sonic Drift 2 it was included, but I'm glad they included him now for DLC :) can't complain on that, I'm enjoying this game way too much xD

16. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Finally got around to downloading the new shit (went ahead and got Forklift Ryo too for the sake of having a 'complete' roster), and I've messed around with both characters and the Egg Hangar track. I really like the track, though I agree that it needed a bit more aesthetic similarities to the Death Egg. Twas pretty epic seeing the Doomsday boss (even cooler that it's on the menu screen after you've highlighted the track). I haven't come across Ristar just yet, though I assume he's on the lower path where you can fall from that thin strip of track if you're not careful enough. Metal Sonic's a nice addition as he's a harder to use; he's floaty so he takes some effort to keep in place, especially since he's pretty fast for a flyer.

I hope we get some more DLC soon. I don't need new ones every week or anything, but now that it's off the ground, I'm going to be waiting for the next one like an anxious child, as I was doing for the Unleashed DLC last year. Good times. Shamar day Act 3. Mmmm...

Back on topic though, do you guys think we'll be seeing many more SEGA characters, or are they going to be shooting us Sonic characters and tracks from here on? I could've sworn I heard somewhere that the plan was to put even more focus on the Sonic brand for the DLC.

17. plushifoxed

plushifoxed

that power is yet unknown Oldbie
    jazzy nyc
    puella magi chroma magica
    So wait, the Death Egg Zone course consists of only one racetrack, and not three?

They expect us to pay $7 for this and a character?

18. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Yes. The DLC looks great, but nowhere near value for money. Each pack for Unleashed costs 250pts/£2.14 whereas this is 560pts/£4.80- that's more than double. I won't consider buying it until there's a price drop or special offer.

19. FeliciaVal

FeliciaVal

Spain
    Honestly I don't mind if they put more SEGA characters to the roster, but I'd be happy to have more Sonic characters since we only had a few in the original roster, so I don't mind at all. But what I want the most is a Space Channel 5 track...I love the tennis court on the tennis game and I was a bit dissapointed that they didn't include Space Channel tracks to the game, but the rest I don't mind at all, it's a really good game so I look forward to everything

20. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    I think it was worth it, the track is really pretty long with tonnes of details all over, its also good because it dosent seem to recycle any objects or parts from the other sonic/eggman/fortress levels. Metal Sonic is also very epic, I love the adjusted modern design, I only wish they had some announcer VA's for him >_>

It would have been nice to actually have some proper death egg music though.

End of the day, its less than a fiver, I don't think its that possible to say this and sound money smug given the value of a '£' these days, but £5 is a shrug'offable amount of money, its like 10 Mars bars lol Id quite happily pay it each time. Aslong as I got atleast 1 track, 1 character and 4-5 songs

Most wanted characters and related stages/music
    Blaze the cat
    Vice - Skies of Arcadia
    Alicia - Valkyria Chronicles
    Jack - Madworld
    Bayonetta

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.