don't click here

Sonic & SEGA All Stars Racing

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Diablohead, May 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skaarg

Skaarg

I finally got around to playing the full version, and I must say I'm quite happy with this game. Single player is more challenging than Mario Kart it seems and online mode works great. I loved some of the titles on the trophy lists.

If anybody is up for some races on the PS3 version message me on the PSN - Skaarg

2. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    I don't like how Sonic's ASR site bio says he can only go 768mph. He's definitely gone faster. I guess this is just me being nitpicky, but get your facts straight, Sumo.

3. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    Yeah that is a bit hokey, I always though it was more like "he can run faster than the speed of sound" and it just isnt measured, But given that the speed of sound is 761 at sea level, 768 is a "technically" ok speed. Since it isnt exact to the speed of sound, But I would like to belive that Sonic wouldn't be happy only bing a tiny bit faster than sound. Mainly because there are loads of things that can go faster these days.

Eggman could just make the next Eggcarrier a 1000mph machine, end game

4. Biofrost

Biofrost

Environment artist at Sony Bend Member
    Oregon
    Env artist on Days Gone for ps4
    Just got a call from Sega, I won one of the Ryo Hazuki forklifts! They are shipping them out tomorrow!

5. synchronizer

synchronizer

Congratulations, that's awesome. I hope you post some victory photos XD.

6. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

They left Banjo in the PC version as well as the Mii and Avatar. I'm going to try and get them to load sometime when I can get the game to run again.

7. Biofrost

Biofrost

Oregon
    Trust me I will! I almost did not answer the phone because I did not recognize the number. Well I have a feeling that I used up any luck I have but its well worth it!

8. Kurosan

Kurosan

Samurai of Gaming Oldbie
    @ Jim:
    As if it weren't already clear enough before, I think that puts the nail in the coffin that they developed one game and turn switches on and off for each version.

9. Guess I didn't win one. :(

10. Felik

Felik

I just wonder why did they put rather unknown characters like opa-opa or chu chu instead of much more popular and known like Vectorman or Bayonetta?

11. Kurosan

Kurosan

Samurai of Gaming Oldbie
    Because SEGA's repertoire is largely based on tons of series which, although not always well known or very popular, have cult followings; Fantasy Zone and ChuChu Rocket! are two such series. Besides, Vectorman really isn't any more known to the general public than either Opa-Opa or ChuChus; Bayonetta on the other hand, is hardly even a classic SEGA character.

12. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    What about the cult following of Skies of Arcadia, Dreamcast fans are rabid XD

Could just see Vyse and Aika on some kinda tandem hovering jetski, and the allstar, Aika would take control, Vyse would stand on the very front and just "pirates wrath" anything within range

13. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    Opa Opa is only unknown to the teens of this generation, us oldies should be happy to see him in this :P

14. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    I'd sooner see someone from Comix Zone in this game than Bayonetta.

15. NioZero

NioZero

ConcepciĆ³n, Chile
    Tornado Sky Fighters
    this... although bayonetta in the game would still be good, but I would not mind if they don't put

16. Kurosan

Kurosan

Samurai of Gaming Oldbie
    I wouldn't mind her in the game so much, but I'd take ANY SEGA character over her. I just don't really see her as a SEGA character in the first place; she's a Platinum Games character, part of a company that recently got bought up by SEGA. To me, that doesn't really register as SEGA material, let alone anything that deserves a place in an "All-Stars" type game.

17. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

NotEqual Tech, Inc - VR & Game Dev Oldbie
    Opa Opa was sega's unofficial Mascot for a long, long time.

18. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    So was Alex Kidd - I suspect the reason both characters were put in. =P I mean, it's not like Sega's more modern fans will have heard of either, like most SSBM players had never heard of Marth and Roy (or for that matter, Ness - especially in Europe).

19. 0r4ng3

0r4ng3

They were in Valkyria Chronicles. I suppose they felt those characters had been remembered recently already.

20. Biofrost

Biofrost

Oregon
    Well I got the Ryo hazuki figurine, and hats off to sega for dropping the ball. the forks for the forklift were broken. You could see them rattling around in the box, so im going to try and super glue them back on.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.